Found Deceased CA - Kolby Story, 32, last seen Venice Beach, car found in Marina Del Rey, Los Angeles, 7 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whether the friend was a stalker creep type or not, if she personally reached out to him to help her she most likely trusted him. One possibility is she didn’t really trust him but was in a tight spot and panicking.

Another possibility is she didn’t reach out to him directly, but through a SM post maybe even a light hearted post. The friend happened it see it and rushed to the Venice Boardwalk to be her knight in shining armor, and who knows what happened after that. Pure speculation.

Whether the friend was a stalker creep type or not, if she personally reached out to him to help her she most likely trusted him. One possibility is she didn’t really trust him but was in a tight spot and panicking.

Another possibility is she didn’t reach out to him directly, but through a SM post maybe even a light hearted post. The friend happened it see it and rushed to the Venice Boardwalk to be her knight in shining armor, and who knows what happened after that. Pure speculation.
I’m leaning toward the second possibility. Perhaps KS posted something to Instagram when she lost her keys. Stalkers are pretty resourceful and it’s that much easier when you’re linked through social media apps. What if that “friend” really isn’t a friend in the true sense but rather an unwanted acquaintance you can’t shake off? Perfect opportunity to rush to the “rescue.”

I’m leaning toward the second possibility. Perhaps KS posted something to Instagram when she lost her keys. Stalkers are pretty resourceful and it’s that much easier when you’re linked through social media apps. What if that “friend” really isn’t a friend in the true sense but rather an unwanted acquaintance you can’t shake off? Perfect opportunity to rush to the “rescue.”

I wonder if there are any witnesses to their interaction together previously. If it’s Instagram who knows if Kolby ever met this guy before, heck maybe he wasn’t even on her radar that he existed.

I wonder if there are any witnesses to their interaction together previously. If it’s Instagram who knows if Kolby ever met this guy before, heck maybe he wasn’t even on her radar that he existed.
According to this article, the “friend” left Kolby on the beach and then continued texting her while sitting in his car. He waited until she left the beach at 2 a.m. and followed her until she turned off into the direction of her home, or so he says. Some may see that as a concerned friend. So why wasn’t he on the beach with her the whole time? Maybe his presence was unsolicited and unwanted. I call what he did stalking.

I suspect Kolby knew this “friend” well enough and really just wanted him to leave her alone. JMHO.
LAPD seeking public’s help to find woman who went missing in early December after leaving Venice Beach

Patrick Frazee used KB's phone, after her murder, texting between them as if a live conversation.

We don't know when Kolby stopped using her phone. Possible someone else was using her phone.... I'd sure like to know where it last pinged before powering down....

If I had to guess, it went for swim.

JMO

Last edited:
I hate to see this story go dark. So odd that there was no search organized near where the car was found. I assume that police have video from the bank and the other businesses there. (But do they have that video?? I wish we really knew).

Things are so strange, here in COVID California, where LE are serving many purposes, ambulances have to wait 8 or more hours to off-load people, no one answers the phone in ER's or non-emergency numbers, etc.

I wish LE could be more specific about what they wish the public to do to find Kolby.

I hate to see this story go dark. So odd that there was no search organized near where the car was found. I assume that police have video from the bank and the other businesses there. (But do they have that video?? I wish we really knew).

Things are so strange, here in COVID California, where LE are serving many purposes, ambulances have to wait 8 or more hours to off-load people, no one answers the phone in ER's or non-emergency numbers, etc.

I wish LE could be more specific about what they wish the public to do to find Kolby.
I would hope LE are on this. I hope they are looking closely at the last person to have seen her and see if that story adds up. MOO, it doesn’t! Big red flags there.

I encouraged someone to reach out to Tricia for her podcast to shine some light on the case. PE too. I know there are SO many cases that need attention, but even twenty minutes in the spotlight may get people looking for her. It may appear sometimes that LE aren’t doing anything, but maybe they already have a pretty good idea of what happened, they just need time to investigate, find probable cause, get search warrants and work on making a case. JMHO

One could only hope that the authorities have gone silent because they have their eye on someone and don't want them to know it. Boy, would it be nice to know they have a suspect on their radar. MOO.

Since this man had her phone number, unless she gave her phone number on her instagram (very unlikely), she had to have known him - somehow.

Didn't we hear that her sister also knew this guy?

Since her family is now actively trying to figure out what happened, I'm hoping LE stays on top of the case. It reminds me a little of the man who went missing in Malibu. He was in some distress, possibly depressed or suicidal, parked his car in an unusual spot overlooking the ocean and was never seen again.

I sure do wonder if Kolby and her phone traveled from the Skate Park to Marina del Rey, but even if the phone was in the car, that's not proof that Kolby herself was in the car.

To me, Oxygen Channel is MSM, so I'll mention that according to their article, when Kolby left her apartment (after spending the day at the beach with her boyfriend and another friend), she took her sleeping bag and her ukelele. She called someone for help with the keys, it took 20 minutes to find them (presumably the friend who helped is the same one who hung out, concerned about her).

Family has canvassed the area and talked to that friend (the brother sure seems to believe this guy was trying to be helpful to Kolby). No word on what police believe. Crime is up in L.A., in general, it's really unfortunate that she apparently chose to be driving in that area at 2 am, alone. Family apparently has her phone records, but no word about location of the actual phone (or the sleeping bag/ukelele).

I just took a look at Kolby's Facebook and I sense there's a mental health issue here. Family has gone door to door near where the car was found - I'm thinking that locals should be on the look-out for her in the homeless population. Something is up with her.

I was in the area last night, not much to go door to door where car was found all retail. My experience with retail security cameras has been they are never pointed where you want them. To the S/W of the parking lot there is a ecological sanctuary with a 5 foot fence and on Jefferson there is a large motor home encampment. The question still stands though why did she deviate from her original coarse home and head south to the marina.

I'm a bit surprised that she isn't in NamUs yet. She does have a webpage on the California Department of Justice at Kolby Deane Story

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She just recently was put into NamUs.

upload_2021-2-5_18-44-47.jpeg
5’4”
115lbs

Circumstances of Disappearance
Missing person Kolby Story was last known to be in Venice Beach on December 7, 2020. The MP was unable to sleep in her house due to loud music. The MP decided to take her sleeping bag and sleep on the beach. At some point she called a friend to meet her at the beach to search for her keys. Once she located her keys, the MP left Venice Beach and drove off. Her vehicle was later found abandoned with possible traffic collision damage in the city of Marina Del Rey.

Clothing
Grey long sleeve thermal, blue sports bra, dark pants

Her NamUs page includes photos of her tattoos.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She just recently was put into NamUs.

View attachment 282808
5’4”
115lbs

Circumstances of Disappearance
Missing person Kolby Story was last known to be in Venice Beach on December 7, 2020. The MP was unable to sleep in her house due to loud music. The MP decided to take her sleeping bag and sleep on the beach. At some point she called a friend to meet her at the beach to search for her keys. Once she located her keys, the MP left Venice Beach and drove off. Her vehicle was later found abandoned with possible traffic collision damage in the city of Marina Del Rey.

Clothing
Grey long sleeve thermal, blue sports bra, dark pants

Her NamUs page includes photos of her tattoos.

Thank you for this. Wait a minute..we’ve never heard she was going to the beach to sleep because there was too loud music at her house. We heard she took a sleeping bag, yes, but she also took her ukulele. We heard she went to “hang out”.

And, we’d heard her car was located with a flat tire, but here it says “possible traffic collision damage”, which can mean a bit more than just a flat.

The NAMUS circumstances of her disappearance is different from what we’ve read in news reports a bit, isn’t it. I’ll have to think on what these differences can mean.

Thank you for this. Wait a minute..we’ve never heard she was going to the beach to sleep because there was too loud music at her house. We heard she took a sleeping bag, yes, but she also took her ukulele. We heard she went to “hang out”.

And, we’d heard her car was located with a flat tire, but here it says “possible traffic collision damage”, which can mean a bit more than just a flat.

The NAMUS circumstances of her disappearance is different from what we’ve read in news reports a bit, isn’t it. I’ll have to think on what these differences can mean.

How long can these Namus “circumstances of disappearance” part be? Maybe they changed some of the details and omitted parts for that reason?

Top of my head, they omitted
the uke, the second person helping look for the phone, after finding the phone the friend waiting in his car texting her while she was on the beach for hours, and the friend following her home but turning off before she got there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back