GUILTY CA - Kris Anderson, 57, murdered, Santa Monica, 11 June 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, Lilibet. Yes, I'm prepared for the delay tactics. And I expect this to get nasty. As those of us who knew him have discussed over the last week, if by some stretch of the imagination it's worse case and we learn something about our friend that we weren't in a million years expecting, there is no justifiable reason for Kris to have been murdered. To have been beaten beyond recognition. To have had his skull fractured. To have had a knife plunged through his jaw and out the other side. Almost a 20-minute walk away from where the police had let Kris go and considered the matter over.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nothing justified what was done to Kris. What you describe was unspeakable. It was vigilante justice by someone who considers himself judge, jury and executioner. I'm sure he decided in his warped and twisted mind that the police hadn't done their job, so he would be the hero and take someone he considered a pedophile off the streets. It makes me wonder if the murderer himself was fighting his own attraction to young girls (hmmmm...interesting angle for the DA to pursue). In any case, anyone accused of anything in this country is entitled to a fair trial. Sadly, when I read comments on news articles about various crimes, many people seem to have forgotten this basic right and want to take the law into their own hands. Kris was a victim of that perverted mentality. I'm so very sorry for you, his friends and family.

You cannot have guys like this walking in public. The SEALS are #1 in my book, but come on. This story is insane. Lock this guy up for a long time and throw away the key. Very dangerous man, not above our laws, SEALS or no SEALS.

I just found this thread. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I will continue to follow and add my support when ever I can

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The best thing we can do for you, Jaime, is keep the spotlight of publicity on the suspect so this case does not get back-burnered, or fall through the cracks. In that spirit, I offer the following links:

http://ktla.com/2016/06/16/navy-sea...ng-tried-to-do-the-right-thing-attorney-says/
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...m-Taking-Photos-of-Young-Girls-383737541.html
http://patch.com/california/santamo...ed-navy-seal-accused-killing-santa-monica-man

That's just a sampling. There are lots of duplicate articles out there. Let's keep the spotlight on Krah and his attempts to evade responsibility.

BTW, just thinking he may not be a SEAL much longer. The Navy is probably going to get rid of Krah as a disgrace to the military.

The best thing we can do for you, Jaime, is keep the spotlight of publicity on the suspect so this case does not get back-burnered, or fall through the cracks. In that spirit, I offer the following links:

http://ktla.com/2016/06/16/navy-sea...ng-tried-to-do-the-right-thing-attorney-says/
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...m-Taking-Photos-of-Young-Girls-383737541.html
http://patch.com/california/santamo...ed-navy-seal-accused-killing-santa-monica-man

That's just a sampling. There are lots of duplicate articles out there. Let's keep the spotlight on Krah and his attempts to evade responsibility.

BTW, just thinking he may not be a SEAL much longer. The Navy is probably going to get rid of Krah as a disgrace to the military.

You cannot have guys like this walking in public. The SEALS are #1 in my book, but come on. This story is insane. Lock this guy up for a long time and throw away the key. Very dangerous man, not above our laws, SEALS or no SEALS.

Agree

We just cannot let people murder other people no matter what their reason.

Even if we assume the absolute worst and this is just an assumption because we dont yet know the facts. If we assume the worse that the victim was taking voyeur type pictures of women then even then some states dont yet have laws against it yet although some states are beginning to write laws for that.

But the fact that LE did not arrest the victim implies that there was nothing technically illegal that he had done. Or he would have been arrested on the spot when they were notified.

I found an interesting article that talks about the laws for the extreme cases of unwanted voyeur type pictures.

http://time.com/4422772/upskirt-photos-harassment/

The bottom line in this case though is it sounds like murder and revenge. If the person was that upset by what he was witnessing then he needed to continue to try to get LE help or be an activist to change the laws. But murder is not an option. That is a crime worse than any that he thought the victim was doing.

The bottom line in this case though is it sounds like murder and revenge. If the person was that upset by what he was witnessing then he needed to continue to try to get LE help or be an activist to change the laws. But murder is not an option. That is a crime worse than any that he thought the victim was doing.

RSBBM ... Kris wasn't doing anything. This idiot "witnessed" nothing. If Kris had been taking inappropriate pictures, the police would have arrested him at the Pier when they looked at his camera.

I am privy to the evidence and the defense is grasping at straws.

I agree with everything, including your admiration for SEAL commandos (if anything, we need more of them), and your emphatic statement that nobody is above the law when it comes to murder.
I'm coming to my WS family for help. My friend is the unnamed victim in this story. He was a gentle, peaceful man. We are beyond devastated.

Be strong. If it is any consolation, the circumstances behind this crime are going to make it more difficult for him to play the "sudden rage" card.

There is a chance that this incident might be distantly linked to a vague idea that SEAL commandos also have "licenses to kill" and can be semi official vigilantes. For example, one SEAL war hero who was brave even by special forces standards, also wrote "fish tale" accounts of being a vigilante where he killed criminals on several occasions and was allowed by police to leave the scene of a double homicide after he flashed some sort of SEAL identification card or orders.

Likewise, at least one former SEAL has published novels that while written as fiction, blend in SEAL fact, and tell of the commandos "taking care of" domestic criminals vigilante style. Though neither the war hero nor the other authors are to blame for this crime, the commanders of the SEALs might want to really make it clear that domestic "licenses to kill" just don't exist- period.

After two continuances, we finally have a preliminary hearing date: October 7

I can't find anything in MSM about the prelimary hearing October 7. Did it get continued AGAIN? Not surprised if it did. This stuff takes forever.

I agree with everything, including your admiration for SEAL commandos (if anything, we need more of them), and your emphatic statement that nobody is above the law when it comes to murder.

Be strong. If it is any consolation, the circumstances behind this crime are going to make it more difficult for him to play the "sudden rage" card.

There is a chance that this incident might be distantly linked to a vague idea that SEAL commandos also have "licenses to kill" and can be semi official vigilantes. For example, one SEAL war hero who was brave even by special forces standards, also wrote "fish tale" accounts of being a vigilante where he killed criminals on several occasions and was allowed by police to leave the scene of a double homicide after he flashed some sort of SEAL identification card or orders.

Likewise, at least one former SEAL has published novels that while written as fiction, blend in SEAL fact, and tell of the commandos "taking care of" domestic criminals vigilante style. Though neither the war hero nor the other authors are to blame for this crime, the commanders of the SEALs might want to really make it clear that domestic "licenses to kill" just don't exist- period.

I have to weigh in here.

First of all, Jaime, my sincerest condolences for the tragic loss of your dear friend. I noticed there was a scheduled court date but haven't seen any further news...please keep us posted on how this case is going and how you and Kris' friends and family are doing. I am so sorry.

Secondly, in regard to Navy SEALs - I have a loved one who was part of the Naval Special Warfare community for most of his 10 year Navy career, serving at a spec war command for SEALs. I have SEAL friends, and attended the funeral of one of the guys killed in the Redwing operation (depicted in the film 'Lone Survivor'). The Naval Special Warfare and SEAL community are family to me. So what I can tell you is that their community has an extremely high bar for conduct, and integrity is central to the tenets of that bar. There is NO confusion on the part of any SEAL about where the line is between Navy duty and missions, and other areas of his life. There are no "licenses to kill" or "semi-official" or any other brand of vigilante activities sanctioned anywhere in Navy SEAL training or by their commands.

I don't know who these above-referenced anonymous 'SEALs' are - a lot of imposters have claimed to be SEALs, and a lot of SEALs have written books - but if police are allowing SEAL presence at a homicide, or a 'killer' SEAL to walk away from a homicide because of a flashed 'SEAL' card, then that's truly fiction, or, both the 'SEAL' and the police were smoking something.

"Commandos" is a term used more by civilian culture than the SEAL teams. To one another, they're simply "SEALs", "Teams guys", and Brothers who do a job. I guarantee you, you wouldn't know a SEAL from any other guy if you met him off duty in mixed company because they're regular guys, and they don't boast or discuss work. So - in regard to this individual who's been charged, if he's found to be guilty of this horrible crime, he's simply a criminal who deserves what he gets, SEAL or not. He doesn't represent his community or its ethos or training, and shame on him for such an utter failure in moral conscience. It also sounds like this is the second time he's had an issue revolving around the alleged targeting of young girls where he decided he had his own authority.

There have certainly been guys in the Teams who are not worthy of the Trident and who have committed criminal acts. Like any population, there's always a percentage of bad apples. But the SEAL whose commando training makes him a ticking time bomb or killing machine is a myth. These guys are some of the most level-headed, grounded, honorable people you'll ever meet, and the discipline demanded in their training promotes this. It does not make them murderers on vigilante missions.

I post this for two reasons - to dispel any thought that there are blurred lines in the SEAL community, or that they have pathology created by training or because of their aptitude for their type of work - and to say that this person's crime is just that - a crime for which he should be duly punished if he is guilty. No passes from the Navy or his brothers or anyone else.

My condolences and hope for Justice for Kris.

I don't know who these above-referenced anonymous 'SEALs' are - a lot of imposters have claimed to be SEALs, and a lot of SEALs have written books - but if police are allowing SEAL presence at a homicide, or a 'killer' SEAL to walk away from a homicide because of a flashed 'SEAL' card, then that's truly fiction, or, both the 'SEAL' and the police were smoking something.

Both of the authors that I am referring two are confirmed seals. I will keep one author anonymous as he is deceased. Neither he nor the police were smoking anything. Though he related the incident as "fact" in his book, it never happened. The SEAL in question was not one dimensional. Then again, few people are. In his case, he was both a war hero and was also known to tell "fish tales". The reference to the second author is Dick Marcinko. He is also a confirmed SEAL and has written about twenty fiction books in which he leads a team that takes independent action against a variety of bad guys.
There are no "licenses to kill" or "semi-official" or any other brand of vigilante activities sanctioned anywhere in Navy SEAL training or by their commands.
Never claimed that these exist.
to dispel any thought that there are blurred lines in the SEAL community, or that they have pathology created by training or because of their aptitude for their type of work
Nope, never claimed that either.
So what I can tell you is that their community has an extremely high bar for conduct, and integrity is central to the tenets of that bar.
Really? That is why I said "I agree with everything, including your admiration for SEAL commandos (if anything, we need more of them)". Yet, you chose to ignore that and launch a lecture.

These guys are some of the most level-headed, grounded, honorable people you'll ever meet, and the discipline demanded in their training promotes this. It does not make them murderers on vigilante missions.
Good grasp of the obvious.
There is NO confusion on the part of any SEAL about where the line is between Navy duty and missions, and other areas of his life.
Ok, just think about what you just said. How can make such a statement? Unless you have met all Seals, you can't. In fact, this statement is contradictory to your other statements (accurate) that there are a few bad apples in any group of people.

Contrary to the implications made in your lecture, I can easily acknowledge that the number of bad apples in the SEALS is extremely low- almost non existent. Any chance, however, that a new SEAL might have blurred those lines? I was hesitant to make my post because I knew it could bring this sort of blind response.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177
Back