GUILTY CA - Kris Anderson, 57, murdered, Santa Monica, 11 June 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Both of the authors that I am referring two are confirmed seals. I will keep one author anonymous as he is deceased. Neither he nor the police were smoking anything. Though he related the incident as "fact" in his book, it never happened. The SEAL in question was not one dimensional. Then again, few people are. In his case, he was both a war hero and was also known to tell "fish tales". The reference to the second author is Dick Marcinko. He is also a confirmed SEAL and has written about twenty fiction books in which he leads a team that takes independent action against a variety of bad guys.

Never claimed that these exist.

Nope, never claimed that either.

Really? That is why I said "I agree with everything, including your admiration for SEAL commandos (if anything, we need more of them)". Yet, you chose to ignore that and launch a lecture.

Good grasp of the obvious.

Ok, just think about what you just said. How can make such a statement? Unless you have met all Seals, you can't. In fact, this statement is contradictory to your other statements (accurate) that there are a few bad apples in any group of people.

Contrary to the implications made in your lecture, I can easily acknowledge that the number of bad apples in the SEALS is extremely low- almost non existent. Any chance, however, that a new SEAL might have blurred those lines? I was hesitant to make my post because I knew it could bring this sort of blind response.

I'm not sure why this has angered you so much. In regard to this crime, I'm honestly not sure what your point is about SEALs who write books. My point was that no fictional tale of SEAL vigilante adventures is consistent with 'real' training or operations, so that's not correlative to this murder.

You posted this:

"There is a chance that this incident might be distantly linked to a vague idea that SEAL commandos also have "licenses to kill" and can be semi official vigilantes. For example, one SEAL war hero who was brave even by special forces standards, also wrote "fish tale" accounts of being a vigilante where he killed criminals on several occasions and was allowed by police to leave the scene of a double homicide after he flashed some sort of SEAL identification card or orders."

What exactly was your point? That these books reflect that this perpetrator didn't know if his military job extended to monitoring civilians and killing them in an argument that HE started?

I would think of it like this - BUD/S is BUD/s, no matter how many SEALs anyone knows. Contrary to your claim that one must know all SEALs to be certain they aren't confused about where the Navy ends and the rest of the world begins, the Navy can be certain of the purpose for which it trains, and that it's training sailors who know they're in the Navy, not a police academy, child *advertiser censored* unit, or Messianic mission school. So Krah is sure why and how he earned a Trident and that it had nothing to do with civilian picture taking.

I'm familiar with Dick Marcinko's books. Let's not forget that Marcinko did some federal prison time for illegally monetizing for profit his skill set beyond what the Navy trained or authorized him to do. His first book was written (in prison) to pay his massive legal fees. Don't know him personally, but I'm confident in saying it's implausible that as a commander of a Team he wasn't sure where the lines were in the Dept of NavSpecWar.

As I said, there are a lot of SEAL tale books, some fictional, some historical accounts. None of them are related to why a guy like Krah committed murder. If Krah's additional history is accurate, he decided before ever joining the Navy that he had "license". Who knows, that may or may not have been observed in his career. If it was and it was ignored, then shame on those who looked the other way. Whatever the case, he owns his crime. And Kris is owed justice for being killed.

I'm not sure why this has angered you so much. In regard to this crime, I'm honestly not sure what your point is about SEALs who write books. My point was that no fictional tale of SEAL vigilante adventures is consistent with 'real' training or operations, so that's not correlative to this murder.

You posted this:

"There is a chance that this incident might be distantly linked to a vague idea that SEAL commandos also have "licenses to kill" and can be semi official vigilantes. For example, one SEAL war hero who was brave even by special forces standards, also wrote "fish tale" accounts of being a vigilante where he killed criminals on several occasions and was allowed by police to leave the scene of a double homicide after he flashed some sort of SEAL identification card or orders."

What exactly was your point?

I wa angered because of the tone. The tone seemed to suggest that because I pointed out that two former Seals have written fictionalized or "fish tale" accouints of being vigilantes, and that these accounts might have distantly influenced Krah, I must have somehow "disrepescted" Seals as a group or wrongfully concluded that Seals are out of control killers.

In my mind, the tone of the post then took on that of a "straw man" lecture. If this was not your intent, I sincerely apologize for the sarcasm in my response.

My point is as follows:

-Two high profile confirmed SEALs, one of whom, after he founded SEAL team 6, did do prison time for false billing travel and equipment expenses related to his unit, have written either deliberate fiction mixed with fact (Marcinko), or have written "fish tales" in their autobiography that they were Seal vigilantes.

- So, it is possible that a new SEAL could get a "vague" idea from these non-official sources that SEALs can act as vigilantes. Thus, these sources might then have "distantly", influenced Krah to commit a vigilante based crime.

As to whether Krah was predisposed towards vigilantism to the extent that he was willing to kill before he entered the Navy, or whether reading these fictional accounts or fish tale accounts distantly contributed towards his decision, I dont know and admitted not knowing. Given his earlier encounter, Krah could well have been pre-disposed to commit murder and may well have never even read the vigilante tales. Then again, he may have read the more recent account, or both, and then may have been distantly influenced by them.

I can fully accept that Marcinko is well aware that Seal roles do not include vigilantism. This, however, does not mean that a reader could not be influenced by his writings. I agree that the navy trains people that their roles dont include vigilantsim etc. Even as a member of a non elite unit, I received similar training. Yet, somebody on my base still got confused about his role and acted as a mild vigilante while confronting a gate protester.

I doubt Krah ever voiced any strong vigilante beliefs while in his unit. My understanding is that Seals don't become full fledged members for one year after training. This period is probably to identify and weed out would be vigilantes, political extremists, personality problems, etc. who slipped through the cracks. Army Special Forces also expel such people.

Any updates on this case? I knew Theo and had a hard time believing this when it first came out. Has any evidence been released. I do know Theo has since been charged with robbery as well?

I've been looking for updates unsuccessfully. I guess it's droppped from MSM radar. Does anyone know how to look for court hearings?

:bump: this up.

Couldn't find anything new or on the premlin hearing back in January....

Anyone?? JaimeSommers - do you know what's happening here?

TIA!

JUSTICE for KRIS! :rose:

:bump: this up.

Couldn't find anything new or on the premlin hearing back in January....

Anyone?? JaimeSommers - do you know what's happening here?

TIA!

Next court appearance is July. The last one was in March, very brief. The new defense attorney is trying to plea down to manslaughter. Not going to happen. Evidence presented in the first prelim clearly showed premeditation and intent. It also very clearly showed that Kris did nothing wrong that day at the beach, per the testimony of the police who responded to the first altercation at the Pier.

Defense is also saying Krah was molested as a child. We were expecting this -- surprised it took so long. I actually tend to believe it may be true, given his history. Not an excuse for killing someone. Many if us are survivors of sexual molestation. I haven't killed anybody.

We're coming up on the one-year anniversary of Kris' death. His paintings fill our lives. He was an amazing artist. Thank you for remembering him and his case.

ETA: There will be a new prelim hearing because he has the new attorney.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Anyone know IF this will be tweeted, live-streamed??

TIA! :wave:

Still no trial date set today, but we should FOR SURE have it set during the next appearance on August 8. The current judge isn't available in September, so he was going to transfer the case to a different judge. The D.A. filed an affidavit in court today to block the transfer to the new judge. After a recess, the current judge returned and said he would transfer to a different new judge. Neither side is objecting, so we regroup on August 8 to set the dates for early September. Hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that this is coming to trial so "quick" - considering it IS California!! Only a year and a few months.... :eek:hwow:

:judge:

I've just stumbled upon this so very sorry. How wonderful to be surrounded by his talented artworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bump: up for Kris

There is supposed to be a hearing today - so I'll be back to "see" what happened!

:judge:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177