Identified! CA - L.A. Griffith Park, WhtFem 725UFCA, 20-28, @Picnic Table, Jun'68 Cheryl McMillan

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great news that they have somebody enthusiastic. Thanks, Carl.

This photo from her sister's website looks quite a bit like GPJD.

MadelineBabcock001.jpg

Here it is, side by side with the Postmortem
WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK:
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...mparisons/2927293710045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Yes,I too brought her up in post #65. Madeline wore her bangs to cover a slight bump on her forehead, and the JD to me appears to have a bump on her forehead, though it seems to be on the opposite side. Hope you get an answer!

Thanks Billy. I did not see it because her name wasn't indicated in your post, and I missed it when I was searching through the thread using her name.

It is for that reason that I usually put the MP's name above the link when I post a link to a MP page. It makes it easier to search through a large number of posts.

I went through Ancestry.com looking for a C. Babcock who married an E.J. on 04 Sep 1920 (based on the inscription on her ring)

All I could find was a Clark Babcock who married Elizabeth Johnson on 30 May 1920 in Fulton IN. Close, but no cigars.

BTW, her last husband's name was Larry Babcock according to her sister's website.

Her sister has a Zabasearch online form addressed to Madeline, requesting that "If you are my missing sister please contact me". She created the online Zabasearch form in March 08.

I sent a message to her, and requested that she contact me regarding an unidentified woman who died in Jun 68, and whose appearance and circumstances fit reasonably well to Madeline.

No reply from the Zabasearch online form. But I found her facebook page and sent her a message via facebook. I see that she is active in FB and has placed messages on her board as recently as last week.

I just spoke with Madeline's sister by telephone, and e-mailed the postmortem photo to her. She looked at the photo and thought at first maybe certain portions looked right, but after further reflection she decided that she didn't think it was Madeline.

She says that the lump on her head was larger, and she does believe that it was on the right. She said the lump was the result of a bee-sting when she was young.

She also indicated that they received some info about 20 years after her disappearance to lead her to suspect that she may have been a murder victim at the hands of her ex husband.

She was very grateful to know that there are people still looking for her, and said if anything else comes up, to please let her know.

BTW, she also indicated that she has submitted a DNA reference sample to be entered in CODIS.

ETA: This is the first time that she has heard about Griffith Park Jane Doe.

Hi Again,

Had some time to speculate ,
so I looked up on Billylee's lead about the movie that was being filmed at that time called good grief it's Candy and here are some pics that show the girl in the movie in LA.

4copy.jpg
3copy.jpg

these are from a clip just before she meets Marlin Brando as the guru , I only saw a few clips on utube as Billy sugested. Is this were I think she gets her holy bikini ? from the guru ?
beware the movie is a stinker ....

I leave that to you to look up .

Hi Again,

Had some time to speculate ,
so I looked up on Billylee's lead about the movie that was being filmed at that time called good grief it's Candy and here are some pics that show the girl in the movie in LA.

4copy.jpg
3copy.jpg

these are from a clip just before she meets Marlin Brando as the guru , I only saw a few clips on utube as Billy sugested. Is this were I think she gets her holy bikini ? from the guru ?
beware the movie is a stinker ....

I leave that to you to look up , but is there a pic of the fur coat the vic GPJD was wearing at the park table ?

She was not wearing a fur coat at the park table. It was described only as a white coat. I asked the LA County Coroner investigator whether there were photos of her coat (so that they could be compared to Madeline's coat in her photo holding the chihuahua), and she said that she would check. I'll ask her again when I call her to tell her about my discussion with Madeline's sister.

Even though we know it's probably not madeline, a photo of the jacket might still be of help for other comparisons.

ok hows this ? another shot . :waitasec:

candywhite.jpg

It's pretty tough to say one way or another based on that image. It would be nice to get a better description or a photo of GPJD's white coat. The last time I talked with Liz Napoles (of the LA Coroner's office), she said that she was quite busy with other cases at the time.

She probably won't have the time to dig through all of the case files to see what they have, and I don't want to get on her bad side by pressing. Given the jurisdiction, I might need some allies if I come up with any other possibles for any LA County UID's.

A lot of SoCal resources might be freed up now that they've arrested a Grim Sleeper suspect.

so she possibly had the initials E.J. and someone with the initials C.B. gave her that ring? perhaps Sherryl Miller was a stage name?

I thought maybe the ring was an heirloom of some kind, like maybe her grandparents CB and EJ got married on September 4, 1920 (9-4-20).

My understanding is that Madeline's family recently submitted a DNA sample.

My understanding is that Madeline's family recently submitted a DNA sample.

Yes, I believe so, but I don't know if there is a DNA profile for GPJD.

Madeline's sister posts here under the name Just Pat 22. Just a couple of days ago, she put a post on this thread to inquire about the possibility that this UID was Madeline:

OR OR - Linn County - WhtFem Skeletal Found by Moss Hunter - July 1976 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BTW, I was talking to Daniel Machian on the phone about a month ago regarding a different case. I brought up this case, and mentioned that Pat was trying to get ahold of him. He indicated that he had spoken with Pat, and they concluded that GPJD was not Madeline based on the UID's absence of hydrocephaly.

I would prefer a rule out on something more concrete, such as DNA, Fingerprints, or dentals. But I'm not sure that those methods are available in this instance. Pat had told me that they were still trying to get ahold of her dental records in Washington State, but that is probably not possible this many years later.

Take a look at this!!!!

I ran a screen in Ancestry for the name Cheryl Miller - Lived in Los Angeles County - Born 1930-1950.

Ancestry returned a Cheryl Miller E------- in the 1964 UCLA yearbook.

2588192790045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

The caption under her photo reads as follows:

Cheryl Miller E-------; Political Science; Santa Barbara; tsf: UCSB and Mills C; Mardi Gras 3, Spring Sing 3, Alpha Delta Pi

I'd say this is our girl.

2588192790045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
ce0db322-af63-4c20-9292-cdd17059cb75.jpg

WARNING - POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...em Photos/2548619530045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Here's her photo from the 1963 UCLA Yearbook.

2933577060045078242S500x500Q851.jpg

This is strange. I found an entry in Veromi.net for a Cheryl Elaine E------- (70 years old) who lives in Lone Tree Colorado.

It's a very uncommon surname and the age is about right, so it appears that this could be that same Cheryl Miller E------. I also found Cheryl Miller in the 1960 Santa Barbara HS yearbook.

She is also listed on the Classmates.com alumni listing (usually a good indication that she was recently alive).

2817459630045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

But what are the chances that there is a girl named Cheryl Miller (i.e., the name that Jane Doe used to check into a motel in Hollywood) who would be about 26 years old in 1968 (spot on to the Jane Doe's age estimate), and looks spot-on like the woman in the postmortem photo - But isn't the same woman?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back