GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Marta and Loni are remarking that Spector did not look at the photos from the coroner's office today and that yesterday when the DNA from various private places was mentioned he look uncomfortable.

Add that to his tie and the transformation is remarkable. I am sure the jury has seen it.

My opinion: I think Phil is finally sobering up from a life-long jag.
His dosage for his meds must have been upped today since he appears to be sleeping. :)

Hiya Lisa,

Well "where" Spector's eyes are moving (and not moving), and what he is doing with his mouth today is quite interesting... Perhaps he is sobering up, drugged out of his gourd, or ready to drop over...

What is with the taser wires? I haven't heard about these?

W
Police had to use taser to try and apprehend PS that morning. Taser wire was found under Lana's left leg and the defense is trying to make a big deal out of it because the gun was also there ~ so the point is that the police moved the gun while tasering & arresting PS. :doh:

Argh! Again calling the slip dress a "slip" and by another woman! Shame!!:furious:

Police had to use taser to try and apprehend PS that morning. Taser wire was found under Lana's left leg and the defense is trying to make a big deal out of it because the gun was also there ~ so the point is that the police moved the gun while tasering & arresting PS. :doh:

Seems to me if she killed herself the gun naturally would be close by her. If Spector shot her, the gun would likely be dropped a few feet away. You would think the defense would want to say the gun was underneath her "proving" she accidently killed herself. Why are they even bringing this up?

I really and truly have tried to keep up with this trial, but obviously I have missed something. How did Lana end up in that chair? The reason I ask is when looking at the crime scene photo, it just looks funny - can't quite put my finger on it. It almost looks like someone drug her to the chair and put her in it. Her positioning just looks strange to me with her legs straight out in front of her. What am I missing?

Seems to me if she killed herself the gun naturally would be close by her. If Spector shot her, the gun would likely be dropped a few feet away. You would think the defense would want to say the gun was underneath her "proving" she accidently killed herself. Why are they even bringing this up?
It's under her left leg and Lana was right-handed. It wouldn't have fallen there and also Adriano testified that PS had it in his hand when he came outside the house moments after the shooting when PS said "I think I killed somebody". So the defense is trying to say that the gun got moved under her leg when the police were scuffling with PS trying to arrest him.

Hi Guys!!

Just got back from the dentist so I missed most of this cross....Is LKB making ANY headway at all with this witness or is it just all of this redundant "contamination" B.S. again???

TIA :rolleyes:

I really and truly have tried to keep up with this trial, but obviously I have missed something. How did Lana end up in that chair? The reason I ask is when looking at the crime scene photo, it just looks funny - can't quite put my finger on it. It almost looks like someone drug her to the chair and put her in it. Her positioning just looks strange to me with her legs straight out in front of her. What am I missing?
It looks to me to be a position she would've ended up in if she'd been sitting closer to the edge of the chair (as opposed to being fully seated in it) and when PS was holding a gun to her face she might have tried to get up out of the chair when he shoved the gun in her mouth and fired it. The blood settling in her lungs among other things indicates that she was shot in that chair. Also PS wouldn't have been able to drag her over there and up onto the chair since he's smaller than Lana.

Hi Guys!!

Just got back from the dentist so I missed most of this cross....Is LKB making ANY headway at all with this witness or is it just all of this redundant "contamination" B.S. again???

TIA :rolleyes:
Same old thing, I'm afraid. :banghead:

It's under her left leg and Lana was right-handed. It wouldn't have fallen there and also Adriano testified that PS had it in his hand when he came outside the house moments after the shooting when PS said "I think I killed somebody". So the defense is trying to say that the gun got moved under her leg when the police were scuffling with PS trying to arrest him.

Correct - if she's right handed and it's under her left leg, why is the defense trying to make clear that it didn't get there on it's own when it seems like this evidence would just help the prosecution?

Correct - if she's right handed and it's under her left leg, why is the defense trying to make clear that it didn't get there on it's own when it seems like this evidence would just help the prosecution?
The State is saying that PS put the gun there after he wiped it down. The defense has to come up with some explanation as to how it got there other than PS putting it there since they're saying Lana committed suicide and the gun would not have fallen there if she had. It would've been on her right side since she's right-handed.

The State is saying that PS put the gun there after he wiped it down. The defense has to come up with some explanation as to how it got there other than PS putting it there since they're saying Lana committed suicide and the gun would not have fallen there if she had. It would've been on her right side since she's right-handed.

Ah. I see. Thanks!

It looks to me to be a position she would've ended up in if she'd been sitting closer to the edge of the chair (as opposed to being fully seated in it) and when PS was holding a gun to her face she might have tried to get up out of the chair when he shoved the gun in her mouth and fired it. The blood settling in her lungs among other things indicates that she was shot in that chair. Also PS wouldn't have been able to drag her over there and up onto the chair since he's smaller than Lana.

Thanks, Panthera. That helps a little. I never even entertained the thought that someone actually moved her - just that's sorta what it looked like to me. Her legs being straight out still bothers me, though. I'm thinking out loud here, but I guess when he shoved the the gun in her mouth, that she would have probably fallen back, trying to get away from the gun - therefore the outstretched legs. I really don't know why her legs are bothering me - LOL!!!

I have to say I HATE the way LKB yelled at the witness. I find it obnoxious and very unnecessary. LKB made no points by her behavior. Heck I don't feel she made ANY relevant points. She came across as a bully, even telling the court at one point, "Guess I am trying to be like BC!" Being bully wont win them the case.

JMHO

Hugs,
Anna

Even if the defense was somehow able to make this point, how are they going to contend with the wiping of the gun which is pretty obvious...say that the investigators wiped it???????????

Another thought here, maybe she was heading for the door and he pushed her into the chair, jammed the gun in her mouth and it was all over. She never had a chance to bend her legs, drop her purse, nothing....jmo. I'd sure be interested to know of any statistics where a person commits suicide with a purse slung over their shoulder...NOT.

Even if the defense was somehow able to make this point, how are they going to contend with the wiping of the gun which is pretty obvious...say that the investigators wiped it???????????
You know I think that's going to be almost impossible. And back to the blood spatter on his jacket, how did that get there if he was nowhere around when she "shot herself"? There's a lot of things that they're going to have to grasp at straws to convince the jury of, imo.

Another thought here, maybe she was heading for the door and he pushed her into the chair, jammed the gun in her mouth and it was all over. She never had a chance to bend her legs, drop her purse, nothing....jmo. I'd sure be interested to know of any statistics where a person commits suicide with a purse slung over their shoulder...NOT.

I do believe that someone had said before that her legs would have shot straight out due to the bullet passing through the spinal cord...hope that helps:)

I do believe that someone had said before that her legs would have shot straight out due to the bullet passing through the spinal cord...hope that helps:)
Yes, that's also true. :)

(I'm wondering how long it's going to be before CW steps in "over there" and halts the LKB discussion. And no, I didn't report them!!! :D )

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back