GUILTY CA - Lauren Key, 4, thrown off cliff, Rancho Palos Verdes, 8 Nov 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't expect the jury to need this long to come to decision. I am getting nervous now. Hope it is not a repeat of the last trial. sigh. Justice for Lauren is a long time coming.

i think the problem paintr, is the 'open murder' nature of the form. if this is like the previous trial, where you said they hung on the degree of culpability, they might be deadlocked on what degree (1st, second, manslaughter) coming from someone who worked on a case with a verdict form like this, dont be suprised if they compromise in the middle

i think the problem paintr, is the 'open murder' nature of the form. if this is like the previous trial, where you said they hung on the degree of culpability, they might be deadlocked on what degree (1st, second, manslaughter) coming from someone who worked on a case with a verdict form like this, dont be suprised if they compromise in the middle

Thank you kindly, kb18201, for the info. I am afraid they will deadlock and return no verdict whatsoever. I am doubtful that the state could afford to fight for Lauren again.

I guess even a middle of the road compromise would be better than no verdict. sigh! But, I am still hoping for justice for Lauren.

Thank you kindly, kb18201, for the info. I am afraid they will deadlock and return no verdict whatsoever. I am doubtful that the state could afford to fight for Lauren again.

I guess even a middle of the road compromise would be better than no verdict. sigh! But, I am still hoping for justice for Lauren.

if its deadlocked there's no way the state is just gonna let it drop.......the guy tossed a 4 year old off a cliff for christs sake

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_13403546

Juror replaced in Cameron Brown case

The jury deciding the fate of a man accused of throwing his 4-year-old daughter off a Rancho Palos Verdes cliff was ordered to begin deliberations anew Wednesday after one member of the panel was replaced by an alternate.

Groan! Another delay! :(

if its deadlocked there's no way the state is just gonna let it drop.......the guy tossed a 4 year old off a cliff for christs sake

I know what you mean but trials cost a fortune and this is the second one for Lauren's death. The state may decide a third trial would be too expensive. Usually the state will poll the jury and see how close they were to a guilty verdict. Last trial the whole jury thought that Mr Brown was guilty but could not agree on degree. So the state retried the case. Would they do it for a third time?

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_13403546

Juror replaced in Cameron Brown case

The jury deciding the fate of a man accused of throwing his 4-year-old daughter off a Rancho Palos Verdes cliff was ordered to begin deliberations anew Wednesday after one member of the panel was replaced by an alternate.

Groan! Another delay! :(

this is not good. even if theres a conviction this could lead to appelete issues......

I know what you mean but trials cost a fortune and this is the second one for Lauren's death. The state may decide a third trial would be too expensive. Usually the state will poll the jury and see how close they were to a guilty verdict. Last trial the whole jury thought that Mr Brown was guilty but could not agree on degree. So the state retried the case. Would they do it for a third time?

yes they will.
they wont walk away from the body of a 4 year old
please keep me updated on the case and verdict. thanks :)

yes they will.
they wont walk away from the body of a 4 year old
please keep me updated on the case and verdict. thanks :)

News is difficult to find on this case. No news reporter seems to be following it regularly.

I wonder what is the most times a case has been retried. :waitasec:

in the retrial i worked on, i was working for the defense. our laywers told us not to go to the media before the trial and therefore when it came to court there was little attention to it......but it was covered on court tv (online) and because of the prosecutions own media blitz the case was prejudiced against us from the start. so it's possible there's little coverage here to avoid this guy not getting a fair trial.
just my opinion

http://www.pvnews.com/articles/2009/09/24/local_news/news2.txt

Three years ago, the jury on Brown’s first trial deadlocked in Torrance Superior Court: Two jurors voted for first-degree murder, eight vied for second-degree murder and two favored involuntary manslaughter.

The jury was scheduled to return to court to begin deliberations on Thursday, Sept. 17, after court staff took an unpaid furlough day on Wednesday, Sept. 16.

Calls made to the courthouse on Sept. 23 to determine if a verdict has been reached were unsuccessful. However, according to City News Service, a juror had to stop deliberating because he is scheduled for surgery. He was replaced by a male alternate, meaning that deliberations will have to begin all over again.

http://www.pvnews.com/articles/2009/09/24/local_news/news2.txt

Three years ago, the jury on Brown’s first trial deadlocked in Torrance Superior Court: Two jurors voted for first-degree murder, eight vied for second-degree murder and two favored involuntary manslaughter.

The jury was scheduled to return to court to begin deliberations on Thursday, Sept. 17, after court staff took an unpaid furlough day on Wednesday, Sept. 16.
Calls made to the courthouse on Sept. 23 to determine if a verdict has been reached were unsuccessful. However, according to City News Service, a juror had to stop deliberating because he is scheduled for surgery. He was replaced by a male alternate, meaning that deliberations will have to begin all over again.

this might not end welll

this might not end welll

I am still hanging in there. Just because a jury member has been replaced, doesn't mean that a verdict wont be returnrd. Maybe starting deliberations over will clarify the evidence for some of the jurors.

i hope so.
btw thanks for keeping me sane......the people on the jaycee dugard board are driving me nuts :banghead:

i hope so.
btw thanks for keeping me sane......the people on the jaycee dugard board are driving me nuts :banghead:

I have been following this case since little Lauren went over that cliff, so I am not too sure about sane. LOL! I think obsessive has worked it's way in there some time ago. I am glad the state chose to try this case for the 2nd time. I am hoping this jury can agree on a verdict. This must be so hard for Lauren's mother and the rest of Lauren's loved ones. Sending best wishes their way.

Jury indicates impasse in SoCal cliff death trial
The Associated Press
Posted: 09/25/2009 05:51:35 PM PDT
Updated: 09/25/2009 05:51:36 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES—A Los Angeles jury considering the fate of a man charged with killing his 4-year-old daughter by throwing her off a cliff has been told by a judge to return to court on Tuesday to resume deliberations after they indicated they were deadlocked.
The panel told Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor Friday that they were at an impasse, but Foster told them to return Tuesday to give it another try.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_13422438?nclick_check=1

http://www.insidesocal.com/crime&courts/

Deadlock looming in Cameron Brown murder retrial

While the Los Angeles Superior Court jury began deliberating on Sept. 17, their schedule was not full-time and they began anew late Wednesday when an alternate replaced a sitting juror.

Jurors in this trial have sent notes to the judge regarding the law about malice

http://www.insidesocal.com/crime&courts/

Deadlock looming in Cameron Brown murder retrial

While the Los Angeles Superior Court jury began deliberating on Sept. 17, their schedule was not full-time and they began anew late Wednesday when an alternate replaced a sitting juror.

Jurors in this trial have sent notes to the judge regarding the law about malice

sounds like there deadlocked on degree of murder again :banghead:

This is really a shame. Come on jury. Suck it up and make a decision.

This is really a shame. Come on jury. Suck it up and make a decision.

ITA! It doesn't seem as if they have spent enough time deliberating to know they will never agree. Especially since they had to start over with a new juror.

The judge has ordered them back tomorrow. Perhaps they can reach a verdict if they try again.

Lauren deserves more effort!

ITA! It doesn't seem as if they have spent enough time deliberating to know they will never agree. Especially since they had to start over with a new juror.

The judge has ordered them back tomorrow. Perhaps they can reach a verdict it they try again.

Lauren deservs more effort!

its especially anger inducing cause there not deadlocking over guilt or innocene.........but over how much culpability he has

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back