GUILTY CA - Lauren Key, 4, thrown off cliff, Rancho Palos Verdes, 8 Nov 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
kayceebee said:
Can anyone confirm this...I haven't found any information anywhere!

No - I edited above. The post on the other site saying NG has been removed. I think it was a prank.

jilly said:
No it's not true!!! I edited above. I don't know what's going on at the other site but it is apparently misinformation since the post stating NG has been removed.
I will wait for confirmation before posting anything again!!!
That's okay. I would rather that you be wrong in this case than right!! Thank goodness that wasn't the true verdict. Now, let's hope that the jury does the right thing!!

Oh I'm so relieved it isn't true. :clap:

Jilly, YEEGads when the sceen came up I saw 'those words' :doh: :banghead: , I'm not even going to say them! :silenced:

LOL like Wudge said one time, "more wait" :crazy: only in a different context. :rolleyes:

I wish I knew what was hanging the jurors up. They're obviously not in agreement. I hope the G's win out and that baby killer ends up where he belongs. :behindbar

Ntegrity said:
I wish I knew what was hanging the jurors up. They're obviously not in agreement. I hope the G's win out and that baby killer ends up where he belongs. :behindbar
I think they are "hung up" because of the CSI Affect and the fact that there was no rock at the top, which Cam indicated he was sitting on when she "fell".

Btw, nice to "see" you! :)

Anita Richman said:
I think they are "hung up" because of the CSI Affect and the fact that there was no rock at the top, which Cam indicated he was sitting on when she "fell".

Btw, nice to "see" you! :)

Hi Anita :)

No rock and nothing concrete. :(

This is the first trial, I can remember, where I felt this way.

I hope the jury remembers CB's lies! His lies is what would keep me from going with a NG, but dunno to where I would go after that.

I'm listening to KFI, Dr Laura is on now, but it's the top of the hour, maybe there'll be an update.

Ken is there alone, waiting still on the verdict. Nothing yet.

Update from Ken (KfI) (John's on a cruise, hehe)- Shannon says they've heard absolutely nothing today.

Hi La Mer, Candie and Jilly!

"No rock, grey bars will lock"?

"No concrete, he'll walk the street"?

I personally am glad it is taking them some time. We weren't in the courtroom, there was so much evidence we never heard. I think that it was a tough case for the prosecution to prove. This is serious-potentially putting a man away for life. If he did it, this is an incredibly heinous crime...but I could see where there is a reasonable doubt, as well. (Waffle much?! lol)

Anita Richman said:
Hi La Mer, Candie and Jilly!

"No rock, grey bars will lock"?

"No concrete, he'll walk the street"?

I personally am glad it is taking them some time. We weren't in the courtroom, there was so much evidence we never heard. I think that it was a tough case for the prosecution to prove. This is serious-potentially putting a man away for life. If he did it, this is an incredibly heinous crime...but I could see where there is a reasonable doubt, as well. (Waffle much?! lol)

Hi Anita!:) No doubt in my mind about the jury at this point is "waffling" just like you and me. :D

When it comes right down to it - they don't have much. Over a period of 4 days they've only requested the 911 recording and power points of the two experts. I doubt they will unanimously agree on the 911 call - it's a matter of interpretation and I can see it going both ways. after listening to it myself. Then I thought, even if you did push your child over a cliff, I'm sure you'd try and show some urgency in your 911 call.

As far as the 2 experts. They appear to be both well qualified. The defense expert says you can't make a determination if Lauren was thrown or fell because you don't know exactly where she left the cliff. Hayes says you can and he formed his opinion based on the Laws of Physics and police reports. So did Hayes even have the right location? CB told the police he was sitting on a rock 4 ft away from Lauren when she went over. Yet, when the jury gets up to the Pt to see where exactly Lauren went over there's no rock 4 ft away! Where did Hayes throw his 45 lb weight over? Does this cancel out Hayes' theory or does it even matter?

And, what about this rock? Was CB lying about where he was sitting or did she go over at a different point. He could very well have been sitting further away than he said so as to not sound totally negligent.

Maybe I'm over analyzing. I can certainly see where this jury might be struggling. I also think the prosecution made a mistake by not addressing the juror's question about this rock somehow. Sounds like it might be some sloppy police work which could create reasonable doubt.

jilly said:
Hi Anita!:) No doubt in my mind about the jury at this point is "waffling" just like you and me. :D

When it comes right down to it - they don't have much. Over a period of 4 days they've only requested the 911 recording and power points of the two experts. I doubt they will unanimously agree on the 911 call - it's a matter of interpretation and I can see it going both ways. after listening to it myself. Then I thought, even if you did push your child over a cliff, I'm sure you'd try and show some urgency in your 911 call.

As far as the 2 experts. They appear to be both well qualified. The defense expert says you can't make a determination if Lauren was thrown or fell because you don't know exactly where she left the cliff. Hayes says you can and he formed his opinion based on the Laws of Physics and police reports. So did Hayes even have the right location? CB told the police he was sitting on a rock 4 ft away from Lauren when she went over. Yet, when the jury gets up to the Pt to see where exactly Lauren went over there's no rock 4 ft away! Where did Hayes throw his 45 lb weight over? Does this cancel out Hayes' theory or does it even matter?

And, what about this rock? Was CB lying about where he was sitting or did she go over at a different point. He could very well have been sitting further away than he said so as to not sound totally negligent.

Maybe I'm over analyzing. I can certainly see where this jury might be struggling. I also think the prosecution made a mistake by not addressing the juror's question about this rock somehow. Sounds like it might be some sloppy police work which could create reasonable doubt.
Another possibility regarding the rock is that it existed, but has since the expert was there gone off the cliff.

I'm a latecomer on this case, but I wonder why it took what? 4 years? before they charged him with murder? Why did it take so long?

I'd thing that LE would have investigated right away and have gone up there to see where the fall took place. Did they? And it makes you wonder why they didn't shoot some video, or at least pictures of "the rock" at that time.

Sometimes I just lose my confidence in LE and their ability to uncover evidence. Sad.

LinasK said:
Another possibility regarding the rock is that it existed, but has since the expert was there gone off the cliff.

Could be because we don't know the size of the rock. However, when
I hear of a grown man sitting on a rock I''m thinking it's more like a boulder which is more likely to still be there after 6 yrs.

jilly said:
I hear of a grown man sitting on a rock I''m thinking it's more like a boulder which is more likely to still be there after 6 yrs.

INSPIRATION POINT, I posted this earlier, but maybe some want another look. Difficult to tell, but I don't see any boulders. Click on the large picture for a better view.

http://www.californiacoastline.org/...e=200406337&mode=sequential&flags=0&year=2004

I predict the verdict will come in today, as I have to leave the building. LOL

Bring me some good news OK? :dance:

I agree, a boulder more than likely would be there even after six years, although people have done stranger things than pushing a boulder over the edge.

My question is, and forgive me if this has been addressed before, but, are their pictures at the time the crime took place? Wouldn't the boulder have been there then? Wouldn't this be something they would of photographed if Cameron Brown stated this to police?

That's what should of been documented then, not so much now? It's the perfect thing for the Maggot to use as resonsible doubt...............

I just turned on KFI, Dr Laura is on, lol, waiting for the news break at the bottom of the hour.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back