GUILTY CA - Lauren Key, 4, thrown off cliff, Rancho Palos Verdes, 8 Nov 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it could have been the catalyst Katie, perhaps the final straw that made him snap. I'm surprised that wasn't explored more and what the dynamics were in the marraige relationship. Who was the one that "made" things happen in their life. If the stronger personality wanted something, the other person, knowing that person always gets what they set out to get, might have seen no other way out.

I wonder how many other opportunities he might have created but backed out, and this time he just did it.

It doesn't look good for him.

katiecoolady said:
...it does appear that she wanted full custody of that little girl for some reason (what kind of "abuse" was there?). Was there any evidence presented that Cam Brown was interested in obtaining full custody of his daughter?...

For those who believe unequivocably that he is guilty, how long do you think he was planning to kill her?...
I think that money was the motive in both cases. I think that Patty was motivated to obtain custody because of the child support payments; and Cameron was motivated to murder because of the child support payments. IMO, the chances were slim to none that they would ever have obtained custody of Lauren. In any case Cameron didn't want custody. He wanted to get rid of a child that he didn't want in the first place.

I LOVE that Hum mentioned in his closing arguments that no one wants to believe that a father is capable of killing his own child, but then no one could believe that a man would kill his pregnant wife to be with a mistress (referring to Geragos' other loser client).

nanandjim said:
I think that money was the motive in both cases. I think that Patty was motivated to obtain custody because of the child support payments; and Cameron was motivated to murder because of the child support payments. IMO, the chances were slim to none that they would ever have obtained custody of Lauren. In any case Cameron didn't want custody. He wanted to get rid of a child that he didn't want in the first place.

Well, I believe money was one factor, but from what I have read, CB hated Sarah for having Lauren, she didn't have an abortion as he wanted. Claimed he wasn't the father. He wasn't able to have her deported, claimed Lauren was abused. He made life miserable for her not conforming to his wishes. He found he was in a situation where he couldn't have 'control'. Then along comes PB and supposedly, she wanted Lauren.

Wasn't he in arrears for support payments? This guy can't win. He certainly didn't appear to ever want children.

So, was he outraged enought at Sarah to want to hurt her in the worst possible way? On top of it all, feeling a lot of pressure from Patty to get full custody, did he decide to punish Sarah and also make it impossible for their getting full custody.

I hate jury watches! Anyone else feeling the anxiety?

"I hope some of our posters are from the area and keep us informed. Can't count on the Breezey Weezey for updates, seems to take them two days to get around to an article"

I am approx. 2 minutes from the courthouse. I wanted to go for closing arguments but work got in the way (hate it when that happens) Anyway, I remember the day it happend, my husband and I had been to IP just a couple days prior.....so sad. I have been following case closely and will report any news I come across.

kayceebee said:
"I hope some of our posters are from the area and keep us informed. Can't count on the Breezey Weezey for updates, seems to take them two days to get around to an article"

I am approx. 2 minutes from the courthouse. I wanted to go for closing arguments but work got in the way (hate it when that happens) Anyway, I remember the day it happend, my husband and I had been to IP just a couple days prior.....so sad. I have been following case closely and will report any news I come across.

Please do report any news Kayceebee! Maybe you could keep your radio on, lol Apparently the Judge is going to give all parties 2 hrs notice when a verdict does come in.

2 hours notice....maybe I'll just have to go there and see it live...

I don't like jury watches either!!!!

John and Ken show, KFI radio is reporting that they are still deliberating, it's on live now, talked about it for maybe 5 mins and now onto a different subject.

kayceebee said:

That's an even better idea!:crazy:

I was just listening to John and Ken they said there are 9 women and 3 men on the Jury for those of us who didn't know.

They(J&K) didn't have too much to say except the Jury can pretty make up its own hours - leave when they want. They went on to make fun of Geragos when in closing he walks over to the Defense table - puts his hand on CB and says "This is Cameron Brown. He is a human being."

kayceebee said:

I don't like jury watches either!!!!

Hi Kayceebee :) You don't mean right now, do you?

I have John and Ken (KFI) right now, they didn't say there was a verdict.

According to their babble (and it is babble lol) the jury started deliberations at 9:30 AM today. The jury gets to make their own hours.

They are a hoot, as they compared the 9 women to the 3 men on the jury, saying just get it over. They are blaming the women, who want to analyze everything, the way women do (according to them), and talkin, talkin and talkin! Where the men, on the other hand probably want to check the box, sign it, and go home.

They mentioned C Hum's impassioned closing, and how the tears flowed. Hum's mention of SP was talked about and how more children are murdered by their own parents.

They didn't forget to note, how MG walked up to CB, touched him on the shoulder and told the jury, "this is Cameron Brown, he is a human being!" :behindbar

So no verdict in Torrence, not yet. There still is time.

Ok I'm signing off of KFI, these two drimev me whacky. :D

jilly said:
That's an even better idea!:crazy:

I was just listening to John and Ken they said there are 9 women and 3 men on the Jury for those of us who didn't know.

They(J&K) didn't have too much to say except the Jury can pretty make up its own hours - leave when they want. They went on to make fun of Geragos when in closing he walks over to the Defense table - puts his hand on CB and says "This is Cameron Brown. He is a human being."

Sorry Jilly, for the repeat, I had a call, my post took forever. ;)

LaMer said:
Sorry Jilly, for the repeat, I had a call, my post took forever. ;)

No problem at all, you actually relayed more than I did. :blowkiss: Looks like no verdict today...wonder what they're up to. Hung up on what charge to find him guilty of? They've had 2 full days!! lol.

hollyjokers said:
I LOVE that Hum mentioned in his closing arguments that no one wants to believe that a father is capable of killing his own child, but then no one could believe that a man would kill his pregnant wife to be with a mistress (referring to Geragos' other loser client).

WOW...that was one heck of a Perry Mason moment. Well not exactly that but a jaw dropper. Was there an objection? I guess they can't really object during closings but many have.

jilly said:
No problem at all, you actually relayed more than I did. :blowkiss: Looks like no verdict today...wonder what they're up to. Hung up on what charge to find him guilty of? They've had 2 full days!! lol.

:blowkiss: Thanks Jilly!

I checked in to see if there was some news. Rats! nothin

Or maybe, hung up to find him guilty at all, is what I'm thinking. Wondering exactly what the judge's instructions entailed.

To Everyone:

OK, Let's put our thinking caps on. If you were on the jury, how would you vote and why? It's very serious business to condemn a man to life in prison without the possibility of parole. We did read, where Hum also mentioned 2nd Degree in his closing. I'm in a real quandary about what I would do with the info available to me. I think he is G, but I'm not sure just thinking it is enough to cast a G vote. Not sure I would feel justified and be able to live with myself. If I list the negatives vs the positives, the negatives do out weigh the positives. :confused:

Verdict today? Maybe?

I dunno LaMer. It's hard to put yourself in the jury when we've had so little to work with. No transcripts, and we can't see the subtlities that the jurors see. I believe him to be guilty, but based on what very little information I have to go on, I'd probably vote 2nd degree.

Pepper, you don't think it was premeditated? :eek: I can't imagine it being anything other than premeditated.

The longer the jury stays out, the more I'm thinking acquittal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back