GUILTY CA - Lauren Key, 4, thrown off cliff, Rancho Palos Verdes, 8 Nov 2000

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thinking aquittal or a couple of hold outs that will hang the jury. I just don't see a guilty verdict based on the evidence presented...well, at least the little that has been reported and an attorney I know that has been at the courthouse and heard the rumblings!

I believe that they're really looking hard at the forensics and the experts. It is an emotional case and the fact they have been deliberating for a third day, which is a relatively short time, shows their responsibilty. I'm thinking later today or tomorrow:waitasec:

I'd rather see a hung jury since I think this guy's guilty. At the very least, he should be found guilty of felony stupidity.

No way I would have brought my child up there, that's for sure! If I'd been there and even seen a small child playing around the cliffs, well, I would have been saying something :innocent:

KFI today - Jurors have had a couple of questions:

1. being the tape of the 911 call CB made on the day of Lauren's death.

John or Ken adds that this is where CB said his daughter had fallen.

Listening now...more to come.

Actually they requested a tape recorder so they could listen to the tape.

They're playing the 911 tape.

Brown sounds out of breath. Tape is not very clear.

CB at one point says "Aww Man!". Ken's thinking that CB may be thinking she hasn't fallen all the way down because the 911 operator asks him, how bad is she? CB says I don't know.

Shannon says from where Lauren fell it's a 120 ft drop off, no ledges.

CB concerned about nude sunbathers - "sorry, someone will be here - you'll have to get dressed.

Ken - jurors trying to figure out I guess if this is the breathless voice of a man worked up about his daughter or just out of breath because he's rushed down the cliff and is talking and walking while he's on the phone.

Pros pointed out that not once does he say hurry up or sound like he's upset.

Lots of conversation about directions etc - 911 operators trying to figure out where he is. Geragos had said they were brain dead.

Ken - jury is split over this 911 call means. This will seal the deal and we'll have a verdict tomorrow. Maybe jurors will say CB showed no sign of sorrow, fear, desperation.

Geragos had said CB was not emotional and in shock.

Jurors also requested power points from 2 expert witnesses. Pros wit Hayes said laws of physics prove she was thrown. Def wit Yammaguchi said there's no way anyone can say if she was thrown or fell. He was willing to state though that because of her injuries she slipped.

Ken - what's the matter with Geragos - there's no gag order and he's such a showman but he hasn't said much during this case.

Shannon - only 2 reporters (herself and Breeze) there every day. The TV cameras showed up at or after the field trip and Geragos was happy to speak that day.

Neither Ken or Shannon commented on what I heard during the tapes - CB saying Awww Man. I thought for a moment there that CB might have been exasperated. It's hard to tell.

Ken predicts verdict tomorrow.

Sounds like they are concerned about the forensics, but also perhaps trying to tie in the emotion and his reaction from the 911 tape. Are they looking for a reason to convict because some may have some reasonable doubt. Without knowing all the details/evidence I just can't imagine what they will come out with. :waitasec:

Ntegrity said:
Pepper, you don't think it was premeditated? :eek: I can't imagine it being anything other than premeditated.
Well yes I do, but I'm thinking if the jury has trouble convicting on the 1st degree charge, they might be willing to compromise at 2nd degree.

Candie said:
Sounds like they are concerned about the forensics, but also perhaps trying to tie in the emotion and his reaction from the 911 tape. Are they looking for a reason to convict because some may have some reasonable doubt. Without knowing all the details/evidence I just can't imagine what they will come out with. :waitasec:

YW Candie!! This is what it sounds like to me. Impossible to read a jury though!

I listened to some of that tape today and I think I could go both ways with it. He was definitely out of breath so at least he'd run down to the bottom and not just walked, lol. I keep thinking about that Awww Man like he may have been frustrated because the 911 operators were slow at grasping where he was. On the otherhand he was kind of joking with the nude bathers. I just know that I would have been in more of a panic if I was him. I couldn't have cared less if the nudies were dressed or not. There was definitely no hurry up or frustration expressed to the 911 operators.

As far as the experts, I don't know enough of what they said.

Jilly, thanks for the KFI report yesterday. I was in and out checking, but didn't have much time yesterday.

What are they thinking? $64,000 question eh? If I had to guess, they are either trying to substantiate a G to a few, or are in unison about their verdict and doing what a jury should by reviewing all the info. duh? Anyway, a NG verdict doesn't seem to be in the cards with the length of time they have been out.

What keeps bothering me, rather than standing there answering questions by the 911 operator, why didn't he leave the nude bather to the 911 operator to give directions, while he ran to find Lauren.

Well, maybe we will hear something, today--today!

I even can't imagine what Sarah must be going through, my heart and prayers go out to Sarah.

I'm Back! :banghead: ExasperateD!

I wish I could have heard or read the judge's instructions.

However, I am guessing, but I think the jury will go with the lesser charge of Manslaughter. :mad:

I'm thinking manslaughter as well. Personally I too can go either way with the 911 tape, and the experts seem to cancel each other out. With so little being reported in the media, this trial has been hard to follow.

I hope they can at least get him on 2nd degree for being a complete moron. If they can't agree that it was premeditated, even Henry Wee would say "Someting weally wong hewe."

VERDICT IN:: NOT GUILTY

Just read this over at another site! I'll see if I can confirm it

ETA!!!!! False Alarm

I should have waited a bit before posting - I had my doubts....
The post that said that on another site has been removed.

Just read this over at another site! I'll see if I can confirm it
That's another big miscarraige of justice and there will be no end to the Maggot's face being all over the TV screen again, gloting. Puke!

He'll talk about how the media wasn't involved in this case, the gag order was upheld and had the same happend in the PUkerson trial, there would of been a different outcome. Oh puke, I can see and hear it now.

I'm unplugging my TV set and that poor little girl and her mother get NO justice.

No it's not true!!! I edited above. I don't know what's going on at the other site but it is apparently misinformation since the post stating NG has been removed.
I will wait for confirmation before posting anything again!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back