GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KTVU ‏@KTVU 2m
The Calaveras County Sheriff's Department is set to hold a news conference in Valley Springs at 7 p.m.

Leila Fowler investigation briefing

The next press briefing in the Leila Fowler homicide investigation will be at 7:00 p.m. at the Valley Springs Substation

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4996203/

Sound like police may have new significant development since they scedule an exstra press conference, due to that they today previously announced they would make regular daily informal press briefings at 1:30 PM.

Hope for a brake through :please:

So... This is a formal press conference? Does that mean extra special? Sounds significant... Release of sketch? Arrest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's formal, but just in case, I've put on my gown and tiara. :)

Sharokina Shams ‏@kcraSharokina 54s
#LiveCopter 3 showing one investigator behind home of #LeilaFowler with a metal detector. #kcra

Sharokina Shams ‏@kcraSharokina 1m
#LiveCopter 3 showing #FBI agents removing bags of evidence from the Calaveras County home where 8-year-old girl killed Saturday. #KCRA

Sharokina Shams ‏@kcraSharokina
#LiveCopter 3 showing aerials of #FBI removing twin-sized mattress and box spring from home of 8-year-old murder victim, #LeilaFowler

#LiveCopter 3 showing one investigator behind home of #LeilaFowler with a metal detector. #kcra

#LiveCopter 3 showing #FBI agents removing bags of evidence from the Calaveras County home where 8-year-old girl killed Saturday. #KCRA

#LiveCopter 3 showing aerials of #FBI removing twin-sized mattress and box spring from home of 8-year-old murder victim, #LeilaFowler

:eek:

This is really strange. The murder took place on Saturday. 5 days ago. And they are just now removing evidence?

Cheese-is this going on right now? I am on Central time-2 hours behind Cali-I have 8:03 pm

I am not surprised by the removal of mattress and box springs as she may well have been stabbed in her room, nor am I surprised they are removing other potential evidence.

I am very surprised that if this evidence pertains to the stabbing that it was not already removed days ago.

The FBI came in today, so I'm not surprised to see a lot of activity and more evidence collection. Local LE probably took the bed linens, and now FBI is saying take the mattress and box springs too to go more in-depth for vehicle carpet fibers, for example, that may have transferred from the perp's pants to the bed.

I don't know why for some reason I thought it occurred in the livingroom :waitasec: I'll have to go back a reread some articles.

Maybe they spent several days trying to reenact different scenarios and collect evidence before it got disturbed, and will do further testing elsewhere now that they're done.

OK-someone help me here.

So they have ruled out the guy who tried taking the baby. I would imagine they did that pretty quickly with the blood sample, right? So they MUST have something to compare it to , i.e. foreign DNA from the crime scene, correct??

So...wouldn't it follow that same DNA could have just as easily ruled out the family? Even if they have not taken samples from the family, I would imagine they could compare it to the victim and determine pretty quickly if the DNA is a close enough match to be a family member.

Yes-I tried to delete my post...I was originally asking if the search was going on right now but I didn't make myself clear-thanks Labor......and The Cheese

Oh sorry, Starry. I misunderstood. I was posting the tweets as soon as they were tweeted, and the search was happening then. (May still be happening - I haven't seen any more tweets though.)

Oh sorry, Starry. I misunderstood. I was posting the tweets as soon as they were tweeted, and the search was happening then. (May still be happening - I haven't seen any more tweets though.)

You're my hero Cheese-no need to apologize-ever.....thanks for all you do.

I am in southern cali so I don't know if the presser will be shown here live at 7 pm. Any streaming sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli