GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharokina Shams ‏@kcraSharokina 1m
Sgt. Chris Hewitt says focus now in #Calaveras County for whoever killed #LeilaFowler. pic.twitter.com/gTubkn8U1h

#FBI agents at home of #valleysprings girl killed Saturday.

What exactly is an informal press briefing/question and answer session? They say it's different than a formal press conference. Is it just going to be a way for reporters to go to the substation and get a few questions answered? Is it always going to be filmed? Just walk in...and ask your question? Instead of like a podium with microphones, and people talking and reporters shouting out questions like a normal press conference?

Sharokina Shams ‏@kcraSharokina 3m
Hewitt would not say if knives came from the girl's house or if that's where in investigators found them.

Hewitt says witnesses, including girl's 12-year-old brother, not ruled out as suspects. #Calaveras #LeilaFowler #kcra

Local news reporter:

Hewitt says witnesses, including girl's 12-year-old brother, not ruled out as suspects. #Calaveras #LeilaFowler #kcra

Hewitt would not say if knives came from the girl's house or if that's where in investigators found them.

Crime Stoppers Tip Line for Leila Fowler Homicide
MEDIA RELEASE
Release Date: 05/01/3
Release Number: 1
Crime Stoppers Tip Line for Leila Fowler Homicide
(San Andreas, CA) Crime Stoppers of the Stanislaus Area has offered their assistance in collecting and filtering tips related to the homicide of eight year old Leila Fowler. If anyone has information related to the Valley Springs homicide investigation they are asked to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-866-389-7638 (toll free), 24 hours a day. Callers can remain anonymous. Persons with information can also text their tips to 274637, include TIP704 in your message, or they can go online at www.stancrimetips.org to provide information. Please note that when you call the hotline call takers will answer “Stanislaus Crime Stoppers”. Tipsters can also continue to call the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office’s tip line at 209-754-6030. This phone number will automatically roll over to the Crime Stoppers hotline.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4995631/

I honestly don't believe that most LE in this country want to work a high-profile case, unless it's necessary. Most of them would prefer to do their work without the media intruding. So the fact that LE is allowing the media to ask questions on a daily basis tells me that they want the media involved. And by getting the media involved in the case, you are also informing the public. So hearing about a daily press briefing makes me think that LE is leaning more towards the intruder theory, even if some statements they have made make me think otherwise.

Local news reporter:

b b m
There it is in black and white for whoever asked. ;)

not aimed anywhere specific, but since we do have several new members who joined Websleuths to discuss this case, I wanted to throw up a Reminder that not ruled out does not equal Suspect or even Person Of Interest so the usual victim friendly rules still apply :)

I agree and think this forum is pretty good. I guess I have just seen some hinting going on that makes me a little nervous. I guess it is because I have a 12 year old son and an 8 year old daughter, so this case really hits home for me. I just can't imagine what the boy is going through and I guess I have a need to "protect" him. I just really hope they find out who did this as soon as possible and make sure they aren't around to hurt another innocent child.

Actually LE is probably looking at more from the household than just the son.

Not looking at any one case in particular. But sometimes when parents lose control, they can work out very elaborate alibi's. Sometimes they even involve other family members. Being seen in a very public place is a good alibi.

Not saying that happened here, but it has happened in other cases. IMO the whole family will be looked at. To see how the alibi stands up, to see how much they know. To rule them in or out.

FWIW I have seen the boy described as very sweet and it has been said he has been in a sort of shock since his sister died.

:(
I hope they can eliminate him soon. People are cruel and if he's innocent which I hope he is then they need to get it done ASAP to save his heart and mind. He's a child, I really think they should have left that part completely out unless and until it was necessary!

MOO

christina heller ‏@CHeller_13 59m

Investigators on #LeilaFowler murder in #Calaveras Co. rule out any connex 2 a man arrested in #Placerville for trying to take a baby #cbs13

#Calaveras #Sheriff's dept says there should be an update this afternoon and suspect sketch released soon. @FOX40 pic.twitter.com/pEqEBNY65w

~

Suspect sketch? I thought no witness got a good look at his face.

christina heller ‏@CHeller_13 59m

Investigators on #LeilaFowler murder in #Calaveras Co. rule out any connex 2 a man arrested in #Placerville for trying to take a baby #cbs13

#Calaveras #Sheriff's dept says there should be an update this afternoon and suspect sketch released soon. @FOX40 pic.twitter.com/pEqEBNY65w

~

Suspect sketch? I thought no witness got a good look at his face.

BBM - that must be what wasn't ready at the earlier press conference.

OT: Thank you cheese for removing that flashing thingy from your sig. I am epileptic and it was way over the top.

OT: Thank you cheese for removing that flashing thingy from your sig. I am epileptic and it was way over the top.

Oh I'm so sorry. It was the 'Juanettes' smiley, for Juan Martinez, the prosecutor in Jodi Arias' case. I was keeping it there to signify Justice for Travis Alexander until after Juan's closing argument, which ended today.

I wish you had PMed me - I'd have certainly removed it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop