GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there no witness to a man leaving the house now?? That would be a pretty big deal.

I believe it is just the 12 yr. old now that saw the man leaving. This is what LE had to say:

"Though this may seem like a setback in the investigation, it is actually a positive result in that it allows the investigators to narrow the scope of their investigation," Hewitt said of the witness' statements turning out to be unreliable.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/03/potential-witness-no-longer-credible-in-california-girl-murder/

If the ballfield is at least 17 miles away, it would have been at least a 15-20 min. ride home--putting their arrival at 12:30 ish (if intruder was there at noon). That's conservative, and even that time frame suggests they're driving 60 mph in a residential area.

Yes, the 911 call from the parents I thought was on record to have been at 12:15 (read in thread this morning). And, no, dad wouldn't have taken her to the hospital; emergency vehicle would have. But if my daughter had been stabbed and so near death that she was pronounced dead within the hour, I'd have not been running around the nghbrhd asking nhbrs if they saw anything. I'd be in the emergency vehicle or following it to the hospital.

Just saying the story as I've read it seems off, somehow...
BBM...when this story first broke, they kept saying they were at a public event close by. To me, 17 miles away isn't all that close to home.

I read up thread that a life-flight type helicopter was sent from Sacramento to transport her to the hospital. I'm wondering how far the hospital was from the house that they'd wait for a helicopter rather than transport her by ambulance.

BBM...when this story first broke, they kept saying they were at a public event close by. To me, 17 miles away isn't all that close to home.

I read up thread that a life-flight type helicopter was sent from Sacramento to transport her to the hospital. I'm wondering how far the hospital was from the house that they'd wait for a helicopter rather than transport her by ambulance.

I thought the same thing... 17 miles is far. I wonder how close the hospitals are, and maybe they don't have a trauma center there? I'll look into it.

Jmo

Which for the life of me I cannot understand why someone would do that. Attention? Fear? Coercion?

JMO

Maybe she just has 'mental health' issues.

We have a cray-cray older woman who lives alone, on our cul-de-sac. Every neighbor that I know has some crazy story about her, and some involve stories she has told, to 911 or other people. She makes up things to report, and calls it in. She was taken into a hospital for it recently, finally. But she kind of believes the things she sees, imo. She will 'see' someone lurking in the bushes behind the neighbors house and call 911. The cops show up, don't find anyone and ...oh well, thanks for coming out,...what can they do? But her stories began to get weirder and weirder.

Bringing forward Pray4Snow's post (hope this works).

Actually the baseball fields at Veterans Park are maybe 6 miles away from Rippon Rd. I can easily get to them in 15 minutes from my house and my drive has an extra 2 miles. I think the parents, especially panicked and speeding could get home in 10 minutes from this ball park.

The hospital is called the Mark Twain Medical Center...

Address:

768 Mountain Ranch Road
San Andreas, CA 95249

JMO

We have a cray-cray older woman who lives alone, on our cul-de-sac. Every neighbor that I know has some crazy story about her, and some involve stories she has told, to 911 or other people. She makes up things to report, and calls it in. She was taken into a hospital for it recently, finally. But she kind of believes the things she sees, imo. She will 'see' someone lurking in the bushes behind the neighbors house and call 911. The cops show up, don't find anyone and ...oh well, thanks for coming out,...what can they do? But her stories began to get weirder and weirder.

Kind of like a Munchausen by Telephone ... no?

:dunno:

I believe it is just the 12 yr. old now that saw the man leaving. This is what LE had to say:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/03/potential-witness-no-longer-credible-in-california-girl-murder/

Two or three things bother me about this case.

1 LE said the discredited witness/neighbor gave the same description for the fleeing man as the boy did. They however differed in the direction he left. If she was not telling the truth, how did she get the description of the man?

2 According to reports the 12 year old boy "chased" the man out of the house. That could be a reporting issue, but it is being widely reported.

3 The boy called his parents before 911

There are ways to explain all of the above, but still there are a lot of issues that to me stretch what I would expect to happen.

I'm gonna be polite and say that maybe she was trying to help. But because she gave a different direction of travel for the man, she actually made things worse. Both for the case and for the boy. Because he was saying the man went one way and she said another way they would have questioned the boy more, possibly about more than the travel.

Does anyone know if the other man at the vigil was the father's brother? He had his arms around J***** and the 12 year old in many pics.
Would it be possible the neighbor thought she saw the father that day at noon covered in blood, when it was someone else?
The uncle and father seem to be close height....
Also if a child sees an intruder from their house, i would think it makes more sense that if they thought they might know the intruder (who was disguised maybe?) they would follow him a little and call dad or mom.
As opposed to phoning 911 asap.

My prayers for the family...
BBM...One question I would like someone to answer is what exactly the encounter was between the intruder and the 12 yr old? Did the intruder look in the boy's direction? Did the boy only see the intruder from behind?

Reports keep saying the boy briefly chased the intruder. My (almost 12 yr old) thinks he is the toughest guy on the Planet but if he saw somebody running from our house that wasn't supposed to be there, he'd be scared to death. He wouldn't go after him. He'd grab a phone, hide and call his Dad. That is his protector first and foremost. As much as we teach kids to call 911, their parents are their first line of safety and security in their minds.

IMO, if the boy thought he knew who it was, they would have named the person already as a POI.

Multiple knives being involved makes me think the killer was "experimenting" with killing and is very new at it.

Waiting on DNA... there's so many in people in that house they will have a lot of dna to go through.

Here's another- AP, hopefully fact-checked somewhat appropriately:

http://www.theeagle.com/news/nation/article_b6ac5e9c-8563-5a1c-963f-2b9e4ba19ce9.html

"Sgt. Chris Hewitt of the Calaveras County Sheriff's Office would not say from where investigators had recovered the knives but that the information would "come out eventually."

He declined to say whether they were confiscated from the rural home victim Leila Fowler shared with her father, stepmother, 12-year-old stepbrother and two older siblings."

This is a very unusual case to say the least! If this was a burglary how many thieves would choose Sat. just before noon? How many would break-in/enter when obviously kids were home? I'm sure LE has a better handle on things then they did almost a week ago. I find it interesting that they are going to do daily pressers. I think that is a good thing, but I am not sure why some cases do & some don't; especially when the FBI is involved in children's cases. I am certainly interested in following this sad case.

I feel like daily press conferences are pretty unusual in cases where the child is never missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025