GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome5: jhon

great thoughts. I agree.

I believe 5 kids reside(d) in the fowler home and Leila had half or step siblings (3) out of state as well. Maybe some of those were at the event last night.

As for the article written by Lenore who describes a neighbor, Hall, who mentions that the family kept to themselves. All i have to say is that they are a large family with many kids. It's obvious the parents take part in their children's events.
Possibly having such a large family, work, keeping up with various childrens' agenda would prevent them from socializing with neighbors (unlike someone with only 2 children). They definitely seem to be involved in their children's lives.

Here's a good example. "...the family kept to themselves".

That statement is meaningless. I've two neighbors I'm close with in a town of tens of thousands -- and a neighborhood of hundreds, and I heard the same thing said about *MY* family from another family that from *MY* point of view it's THEY that keeps to themselves.

You note some of the possibilities, but there's countless more. Perhaps they have their own social groups? I've dozen's of friends I've made over the decades that I spend the majority of my "free" time rather than neighbors. ("free" being the operative word -- because with children AND work, "free" time can be little and far between). And I can tell you, the larger the family, the less involved one will be with neighbors.

Welcome Jhon! You bring up some very good points, and I thank you for your input :) :welcome:

Dave Clark, newscaster on KTVU morning news, reported about the Placerville attempted abduction and its possible connection to the Fowler homicide. I am not quoting here, but he mentioned something to the effect that authorities are looking into any possible connection to the attempted abduction in Pittsburg. It was how i even found out there was an attempted abduction in Pittsburg, as i was unaware.

I did not get the impression from the news comment that there was anything other than the commonality of being recent brazen child abductions. It is prudent of LE to look at all recent child abduction/ attempted abduction cases when investigating a case such as this.

I cannot find an internet link on ktvu.com, and i don't see video replay of this morning' s report. This was reported around the top of the 6am hour.

Thanks a bunch for the response and info. :)

We are strong for our spouse. Which means, for us, we need to be rocks for them when they need us. Sometimes we don't know how BEST to be rocks, but we try.

My family was torn by something horrific that happened to our daughter and early on *I* started to lose it. My wife grabbed me and told me in no uncertain terms that I needed to be strong for her because SHE was losing it. From that point on, any emotional outbursts I had were done in private.

And more importantly -- for some families, our pain is private and not to be shared with strangers be they well-meaning or otherwise.

Questions about families reactions as see on news reports should be right out the window as far as discussions go. Being on the INSIDE of such a thing, I can tell you that the media is not very good at accuracy (both in facts and by accidental or deliberate omission).

Remember, we are seeing a "key-hole" view here. You can't get a good impression of someone or something from a 5 paragraph print article or a 3 minute news segment. They're not designed to convey evidence or detail but to give the public generic information about "the story" -- and sell time to advertisers.

Excellent post Jhon and thank you for the reminder. I am sorry for the tragedy in your past, but I do have to say it gives you excellent insight.

Welcome to WS

Okay so we have the attempted abduction of the 15 month old - arrest in that case.
We have the attempted abduction of the 2 year old - no arrest but sketch and vehicle released.
We have the killing of Leila - no arrest, no sketch, no vehicle.

Will someone please start a thread for the 15 month old and 2 year old's cases???

Crimes-Spotlight on Children - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I work literally around the corner from the attempted kidnapping in Pittsburg CA. Do you have a link to the Pitrsburg case being investigated in connection with the Placerville one? I am just curious because I have not heard anything about it at all recently. The sketch they have released doesn't look anything like the guy that was arrested or the description on the suspect in LF's murder, IMO at least. TY

Oh okay, the sketch is for the 2 year olds case.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9085894

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/police-release-sketch-pittsburg-kidnapping-suspect/nXZk7/

There is NO sketch in Leila's case.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...ex-offenders-in-hunt-for-killer#ixzz2S4aFakF9

So far, despite an extensive manhunt and beefed-up security at schools in Valley Springs, authorities don't have enough information to name a suspect or even create a composite sketch in the death of Leila Fowler.

I wish they were connected. It is so frightening to think there are MORE psychos like that out running around.

These recent cases in California are so senselessly mind-boggling. I thought the Tobias Summers case was freakishly bad...(and it is). But who breaks into a home with a mom present to try to wrestle her toddler kid away from her? Or enters a home to kill an 8-yr. on a Saturday afternoon? You know, my husband used to think I was a bit overboard for being paranoid my kids were going to get kidnapped. (Ok, I did, too, I guess--especially after that trip to Disney where I wrote their names in black Sharpie on the soles of their feet...took about a month of baths for that to come off.)

The kids are 20+ now, and thankfully they still agree to vacation with us. Especially since I'm not marking up their feet anymore. :blushing1: But we are headed out to CA soon for a family trip...(so would it be too much to ask if they could please solve all these cases by then?)

Okay so we have the attempted abduction of the 15 month old - arrest in that case.
We have the attempted abduction of the 2 year old - no arrest but sketch and vehicle released.
We have the killing of Leila - no arrest, no sketch, no vehicle.

Will someone please start a thread for the 15 month old and 2 year old's cases???

Crimes-Spotlight on Children - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh okay, the sketch is for the 2 year olds case.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=9085894

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/police-release-sketch-pittsburg-kidnapping-suspect/nXZk7/

There is NO sketch in Leila's case.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...ex-offenders-in-hunt-for-killer#ixzz2S4aFakF9

So far, despite an extensive manhunt and beefed-up security at schools in Valley Springs, authorities don't have enough information to name a suspect or even create a composite sketch in the death of Leila Fowler.

Weird....The description included with the same article doesn't seem to match the sketch to me, "blonde hair down to his collar." In the sketch the man appears to have very short hair unless it is pulled back.

This sketch also doesn't seem to go with the other case of the 18 month old but am hoping one of the two may be connected to Leila's case. Hate the thought that there are 3 perps acting like this in such a short time and close proximity to each other.

There was a press conference today at 2:30. I didn't see any mention of it on the news (TV) or on the sheriff’s website. I haven’t had the chance to read news online today yet, so it may be out there somewhere. My dad just happened to go to the post office (next door to the sheriff’s office) during the conference and stuck around.

Apparently they didn’t plan the conference, but rumors where swirling that there would be one, so the sheriff participated.
No real new developments, just that they were investigating the Placerville incident to see if it’s connected (IMO I believe they are not) but they need to cover all their bases.

Also someone asked if the brother would be shown the man arrested in Placerville in a line-up, and they said something along the lines of it being too late since his picture was already all over the media already.

In the video, in this link, there is video clip of the 15 month old baby who was almost kidnapped in Placerville, also her mother and their house.
The baby is such a beautiful little girl but she does look pretty traumatised.

http://news.kron4.com/news/vigil-he...to-attempted-child-kidnapping-in-placerville/

Vigil Held for Slain Valley Springs Girl While Authorities Look for Links to Attempted Child Kidnapping in Placerville
By Brian Shields
Tue Apr 30th, 2013

You know, my husband used to think I was a bit overboard for being paranoid my kids were going to get kidnapped. (Ok, I did, too, I guess--especially after that trip to Disney where I wrote their names in black Sharpie on the soles of their feet...took about a month of baths for that to come off.)

Not overboard. Good idea, too. Also a good idea to get hand/foot prints when they are very young (those prints dont change -- just get bigger).

And most important -- get a home security system. At $30-$50 per month for monitoring in most areas it's reasonable. And if you pay for cable, have kids and DON'T have a home security system because of the "cost" you've got your priorities wrong.

CBS Sacramento ‏@CBSSacramento 3m
Investigators have discovered some knives possibly used in Leila Fowler’s murder. http://cbsloc.al/ZnXjFW

Despite the headline what they are really saying is that what they went back to the house for was to collect the knives to test to see if they were used in the attack on Leila? Wouldn't they have collected all visible knives when they were there the first time?

If it turns out that one of collected knives was used in the attack, that is not good.

From the link:http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...in-leila-fowlers-murder/#.UYGxyd8SW3Q.twitter

"The road that leads to the family’s home remains closed, and the house is still a crime scene after Saturday’s deadly stabbing.

Investigators returned to the home Wednesday, combing for clues — which led deputies to knives.

“We have collected a few knives that are being examined to see if one of the knives might have been the weapon used against Leila,” Calaveras County sheriff’s Sgt. Chris Hewitt said."

To me it sounds like they are testing knives from their home...or perhaps they found a knife thrown outside as the perp escaped.

You'd think that a perp being chased out of the house would either take the knife with him or throw it away as he left- but it likely would've still been bloody :(. I would imagine it would've been found sooner if it was still in the house. I hope the article isn't suggesting that the possible murder weapon was cleaned and put with other similar knives. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong. :confused:

Despite the headline what they are really saying is that what they went back to the house for was to collect the knives to test to see if they were used in the attack on Leila? Wouldn't they have collected all visible knives when they were there the first time?

If it turns out that one of collected knives was used in the attack, that is not good.

I agree. It does seem like that is what the article is suggesting :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member