GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this neighbor is a perfect example of someone who definitely should and could be sleuthed. I mean, honestly...inserting yourself into an investigation and reporting something false to police and then recanting and clamming up-giving no indication of why you lied??? Having LE run in one direction and leave them scratching their heads? I DO want to know who this neighbor is!

(incidentally the captain seemed to think this "witness" was not worth any more of their time during the last presser, but you never know...)

The neighbor should be arrested and charged. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's the brother either. He's 12. If he did it somebody would have to help him cover up. He's a child and wouldn't be a very smart criminal, and it would be very obvious from the get go IMO.

Simply being 12 isn't a smart reason to rule someone out.

Do you remember the 8 year old AZ boy that premeditated the murder of his father and his fathers roommate. The support for him was unbelievable..despite a mountain of evidence.

Or the 12 year old boy that premeditated the murder of his pregnant Mom?

I could go on and on... My point is....Age should not be a factor in the elimination process. IMO

If the ballfield is at least 17 miles away, it would have been at least a 15-20 min. ride home--putting their arrival at 12:30 ish (if intruder was there at noon). That's conservative, and even that time frame suggests they're driving 60 mph in a residential area.

Yes, the 911 call from the parents I thought was on record to have been at 12:15 (read in thread this morning). And, no, dad wouldn't have taken her to the hospital; emergency vehicle would have. But if my daughter had been stabbed and so near death that she was pronounced dead within the hour, I'd have not been running around the nghbrhd asking nhbrs if they saw anything. I'd be in the emergency vehicle or following it to the hospital.

Just saying the story as I've read it seems off, somehow...

Actually the baseball fields at Veterans Park are maybe 6 miles away from Rippon Rd. I can easily get to them in 15 minutes from my house and my drive has an extra 2 miles. I think the parents, especially panicked and speeding could get home in 10 minutes from this ball park.

If my child were kidnapped my life, my families life can be an open book. My goal is to find my child. I'm not giving a crap about anything else. I would BEG the media to be involved... I would want their help, and if its quid pro quo and they want access inside my home... They're welcome to it.

I'll say a special prayer for you tonight in hopes you never need to find out what you would REALLY do. Those words are easy on your side of the fence -- but from over here, I can tell you it's a lot more complicated.

And perhaps you might do as you suggest -- but what if, God forbid, your child is dead? Still want the press to focus their entire 2-3 mins of sound bites and adjectives only on you, your home, your family and job?

Or what if you are one of the lucky parents who's child is found? Still want the press to focus their entire 2-3 mins of sound bites and adjectives only on you, your home, your family and job?

When the press are filling up your street and knocking on your door you may react differently than you suggest here. Again, I'll say a special prayer for you in hopes you never need to find out.

Simply being 12 isn't a smart reason to rule someone out.

Do you remember the 8 year old AZ boy that premeditated the murder of his father and his fathers roommate. The support for him was unbelievable..despite a mountain of evidence.

Or the 12 year old boy that premeditated the murder of his pregnant Mom?

I could go on and on... My point is....Age should not be a factor in the elimination process. IMO

I won't get too O/T but I was one of those who really supported the 8 year old in AZ. He got a totally raw deal, if you ask me. But in both of those cases, LE named the minors as POIs when the story broke.

That isn't the case thus far in this case, so that is why so many are "protecting" the family, in particular the 12 year old brother.

If my child were kidnapped my life, my families life can be an open book. My goal is to find my child. I'm not giving a crap about anything else. I would BEG the media to be involved... I would want their help, and if its quid pro quo and they want access inside my home... They're welcome to it.

Respectfully, this is not a kidnapping.

I'll say a special prayer you tonight in hopes you never need to find out what you would REALLY do. Those words are easy on your side of the fence -- but from over hear, I can tell you it's a lot more complicated.

And perhaps you might do as you suggest -- but what if, God forbid, your child is dead? Still want the press to focus their entire 2-3 mins of sound bites and adjectives only on you, your home, your family and job?

Or what if you are one of the lucky parents who's child is found? Still want the press to focus their entire 2-3 mins of sound bites and adjectives only on you, your home, your family and job?

When the press are filling up your street and knocking on your door you may reactive differently than you suggest here. Again, I'll say a special prayer for you in hopes you never need to find out.

I hope I never find out too.

That said, I know me well enough to state without a doubt my ONLY priority would be my child.
I would be hounding LE to be polygraphed, handing them a fistful of hair and citing my finger and leaving them some blood. Eliminate me! So you can focus ALL resources on my child. The quicker the better.

Actually the baseball fields at Veterans Park are maybe 6 miles away from Rippon Rd. I can easily get to them in 15 minutes from my house and my drive has an extra 2 miles. I think the parents, especially panicked and speeding could get home in 10 minutes from this ball park.

Thanks for the post, Pray4Snow! The mileage spans, though, came from a post upthread, where someone had run a search on where the little league games were playing that day, according to which ones the parents were involved in. That came up with the 3 different mileages from their home to a relevant ball field. Could you maybe take a peek at that post and see if it makes sense to you?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA - Leila Fowler, 8, Fatally Stabbed in Valley Springs --Manhunt Underway!

As a parent of 3 children, I can only speak on how I would feel if something like this were to happen to my family. When a child is kidnapped or is reported missing, you would definitely want to be as open as possible with everyone in involved, including the media. But you would still be responsible for protecting the other children in your family as well, especially when we are talking about young minors.

In this case, we have a murder. There is no question about the wherabout of little Leila, unfortunately. So while there is interest in apprehending the killer and getting him or her off the streets as soon as possible, it is even more vital to the parents to protect their remaining children as much as possible, especially the 12 year old brother. If you were a parent that just lost a child in such a horrific manner and your son was the person that was at the scene, trust me-you would do EVERYTHING in your power to protect your child over anything else. Of course, you would cooperate with LE, as it has been indicated that they have in this case. But beyond that, they owe nothing to the general public. This boy and his siblings have suffered a tremendous loss and nothing will be served by poking into their private family life at this time.

Just my opinion, thankfully, as I have never nor do I hope I never have anything like this happen to my family.

I'll say a special prayer for you tonight in hopes you never need to find out what you would REALLY do. Those words are easy on your side of the fence -- but from over here, I can tell you it's a lot more complicated.

When the press are filling up your street and knocking on your door you may react differently than you suggest here. Again, I'll say a special prayer for you in hopes you never need to find out.

If my child were found alive ...I honestly don't know how I'd feel. I think Shawn Hornbeck deserved privacy. As the media didn't help him to be recovered. If. My child was found thanks to the media... I would think, I'd appreciate it so much and be so thankful I wouldn't care what the news bites were.

If my child was dead... Nothing else would matter to me.

As a parent of 3 children, I can only speak on how I would feel if something like this were to happen to my family. When a child is kidnapped or is reported missing, you would definitely want to be as open as possible with everyone in involved, including the media. But you would still be responsible for protecting the other children in your family as well, especially when we are talking about young minors.

In this case, we have a murder. There is no question about the wherabout of little Leila, unfortunately. So while there is interest in apprehending the killer and getting him or her off the streets as soon as possible, it is even more vital to the parents to protect their remaining children as much as possible, especially the 12 year old brother. If you were a parent that just lost a child in such a horrific manner and your son was the person that was at the scene, trust me-you would do EVERYTHING in your power to protect your child over anything else. Of course, you would cooperate with LE, as it has been indicated that they have in this case. But beyond that, they owe nothing to the general public. This boy and his siblings have suffered a tremendous loss and nothing will be served by poking into their private family life at this time.

Just my opinion, thankfully, as I have never nor do I hope I never have anything like this happen to my family.

I agree with everything you said. I'm the parent of one child. If I had more than one... In this situation.., I'd circle the wagons and as cruel and cold as this may sound... At this point in time..Even law enforcement would be lucky if I was even coherent. Vengeance justice and finding who did it wouldn't be high on my list of priorities.

If my child were found alive ...I honestly don't know how I'd feel. I think Shawn Hornbeck deserved privacy. As the media didn't help him to be recovered. If. My child was found thanks to the media... I would think, I'd appreciate it so much and be so thankful I wouldn't care what the news bites were.

If my child was dead... Nothing else would matter to me.

BBM-If you have other children, THEY would matter to you.
ETA: Just saw your last post so never mind! :)

Just noticed that you're new here! Welcome To Websleuths!!!!

I'm lost. Are you seriously equating the Boston bombing suspects (who were named by the FBI (and since the capture of Brother #2 are effectively 'the guys') with digging family and background info of a murdered 8 year old with nothing to suggest their involvement at all?

How about the "crowd sourced" boston bombing witch hunt which made life miserable for several people until the REAL guy's were IDd by LE, not 'the crowd' -- if we continue with your analogy. Is that the goal of an investigation? I don't think it is.

I'm sorry, but when something happened to my daughter, I would have fought tooth and nail any nosy questions from the public had they been directed at my family. It's none of your flipping business what the floor plan to *MY* house is. It's none of your flipping business where I work or where my relatives live/work. I made the police investigation in my daughters case easy -- opening our house and our life to them -- no holds barred, not you. Not local/national media. This poor girl's family has every right to tell you to go jump in a lake for wanting such details.

Isn't there a faq about "sleuthing" family? Don't you think your family centric questions come dangerously close to that?

I'm telling you -- if the media were to focus on those questions you want so desperately answered, the PUBLIC would start to think the family had something to do with it. Questions can LEAD opinions AWAY from the truth. Law enforcement has the time/resources to flush out ALL the angles -- the press has a 2-3 min window or a paragraph or three. That's why it's job is to REPORT NEWS. In REAL 'investigative journalism' (not the nightly news cast) it takes weeks/months before you hear a report -- or see a news segment. They don't typically air the story AS they are investigating it.

In closing, I once again remind you of Richard Jewell. I'll also ask you to remember another: Salah Barhoum.

Don't talk to the media if it's none of the public's business. Don't open a memorial fund if it's none of the public's business. Don't have a candlelight vigil with 1000 people. Don't have LE giving daily press conferences. Don't have LE allowing the media to come to a daily question and answer session. Don't interrupt regularly scheduled programming to give a press conference with no new developments. Don't make a case into a national story if you don't want people across the country asking questions.

I hope I never find out too.

That said, I know me well enough to state without a doubt my ONLY priority would be my child.
I would be hounding LE to be polygraphed, handing them a fistful of hair and citing my finger and leaving them some blood. Eliminate me! So you can focus ALL resources on my child. The quicker the better.

Respectfully, what does this have to do with the press publicly focusing on you and asking questions that are quite frankly, none of the public's business.

What you are describing is the job of LE -- and when I was in that boat, it's effectively what my family did. "Fingerprint us to help filter OUR prints from an outsider, take this, look at that -- whatever you need".

And because my ONLY priority *IS* my child (and family in general), the press got the cold shoulder. I'm not making my family -- and by proxy, my kids a focus of attention by making statements that may appear on websites for years to come. Public speculation about family is just as bad. With the internet, you've got bits floating around in cyberspace potentially forever. Often by the ill-informed, haters or just the ignorant. I was lucky enough to avoid the vast majority of THAT type of coverage by allowing the press to get bored with us. Other families aren't so lucky.

So when I see someone 'wishing' the PRESS would engage in this kind of focus, I REALLY want to shine the 'reality' light on it and say "BAD IDEA!!!" It has the potential to start a witch hunt or at least, leave an ugly digital trail that may haunt a family for decades.

What call initiated by police?
After the boy called his folks, they called 911 and dispatcher called the home and talked to the boy.

Sharokina Shams ‏@kcraSharokina 12m

Investigators back at home where 8-year-old #LeilaFowler was found dead. Road leading to home is again blocked. #kcra

(Not sure how time-relevant this is, but reporter just tweeted this 12 min ago.)

He's been here since 2008? :waitasec:

LOL

Roflmao!

2008 and only 10 post? I just looked at the post count.

Ok so he's not new,.. But he's kinda new at posting... Sooooo...

Glad you're posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members