GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
dinaslala

Is this what you were talking about with Priscilla and the boy at the vigil? It's at 1:14...

[video=youtube;gYivRFx8osw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYivRFx8osw[/video]
It's a CBS video.

And given the facts that LE was presented with it seems to me they were running parallel investigations. They knew the boy was lying. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree completely. I do think they thought he was lying. They have to honor the intruder theory, until they have all the proof. I think they were obligated to run parallel investigations, until the evidence came back, and they knew he wasn't lying. I would think they thought he was lying right away, but there is always that chance it was an intruder...when they had nothing else to go off of.

I agree completely. I do think they thought he was lying. They have to honor the intruder theory, until they have all the proof. I think they were obligated to run parallel investigations, until the evidence came back, and they knew he wasn't lying. I would think they thought he was lying right away, but there is always that chance it was an intruder...when they had nothing else to go off of.

Law enforcement was conducting a parallel investigation from the very first, I assure you.

Law enforcement was conducting a parallel investigation from the very first, I assure you.

Yes, I did agree with that. I was trying to say (and didn't say very well :) that they were doing that from the beginning. That they were obligated to investigate the intruder theory, but always thought he was lying.

I'm willing to bet rehabilitation is not possible, but we'll see.

I really don't give a flip ***why***, is there really any excuse that could be given where you could see from his point of view how it would be sensible to him? Not to me.

I used to believe most people were able to change, but with how much sicker the world is now, I'm of the opinion we cut our losses, even with the younger ones, and lock 'em away, hopefully for life.

I have no details on which to base an opinion regarding rehabilitation, and I'm no expert on the subject.

You're correct, this crime is senseless. But IMO as humans, we have a need to know ***why*** others humans commit atrocities.

Please do not quote and respond to posts that violate TOS/rules. I just wiped out an entire page of posts, quoting violating posts. Way too much to modsnip.

Alert the post and then move past it. Do NOT respond and do NOT let it derail the whole thread.

Thanks,

Salem

That observation is brilliant. And your over-all position isn't necessarily wrong or disagreeable. However, the idea of presumed innocence isn't a strong argument for your position.

I feel that the reasons people should back off commenting on this case is because it's nuanced. It's complicated. With the claims of a victim friendly site in mind, there's more than one victim -- the family of Leila.

I don't think this site or forum will serve the surviving victims in any way other than to pour salt in their open wounds.

IMO the family shouldn't read here or anywhere on line,

They'll be in denial for probably a very long time. People can be very cruel, not here...so much as ALL the other things online. My best advise for the family... Comfort each other and stay offline.

They'll be in denial for probably a very long time. People can be very cruel, not here...so much as ALL the other things online. My best advise for the family... Comfort each other and stay offline.

I agree! I said this in a post that was removed (not for this part) but Ethan Stacy was from my hometown and I knew him & his family. I never opened his threads here because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle some of the posts. These cases are hard when they aren't personal but it is devastating when they are. As much as you might think otherwise sometimes you really are better off not knowing. The smallest of things can rip you to pieces when you're grieving anyway.

Edited because I do know the difference between your and you're.

That observation is brilliant. And your over-all position isn't necessarily wrong or disagreeable. However, the idea of presumed innocence isn't a strong argument for your position.

I feel that the reasons people should back off commenting on this case is because it's nuanced. It's complicated. With the claims of a victim friendly site in mind, there's more than one victim -- the family of Leila.

I don't think this site or forum will serve the surviving victims in any way other than to pour salt in their open wounds.

Discussing nuances of a crime is kind of the purpose of this forum. There are victims in *every* case here. Families of victims, friends of victims, co workers of victims, neighbors of victims and so on. We are VERY thoughtful of what we say and post as its a victim friendly site.

Exactly. This website is extremely tame compared to what is out there. I've seen many online comments blaming the parents, why were they home alone, how could they not have known, etc. And at least you can shut off the computer...What about the real world? When the rest of the kids go to school...how will they be treated? Maybe they won't be outright bullied...maybe people will just avoid them. There will be parents who won't want their children socializing with the Fowlers anymore. It's a small town...Everyone knows them...knows their last name....Those are the parents of the boy who killed his sister....I wouldn't be shocked if they moved.

yes! probably dad and mom asked to bring him in and it was done there..

His family has been through so much LE most likely wanted to avoid further traumatizing the young kids by arresting him at their home. That's what I like to think atleast ;)

Interesting that he was arrested AT the substation. I wonder if he said something at the station that gave them what they needed to make the arrest?

this is just devastating. My own guess with absolutely no real info would be when they questioned him (age 12) their radar went up. However, that neighbor that corroborated in a way, the intruder story by saying she saw a man run from the scene, just totally confused the situation.

What the heck could have happened, was he hiding another crime? He just got mad over something we think is small? This will unfold now, what a tragedy. 21 stab wounds...

Exactly. This website is extremely tame compared to what is out there. I've seen many online comments blaming the parents, why were they home alone, how could they not have known, etc. And at least you can shut off the computer...What about the real world? When the rest of the kids go to school...how will they be treated? Maybe they won't be outright bullied...maybe people will just avoid them. There will be parents who won't want their children socializing with the Fowlers anymore. It's a small town...Everyone knows them...knows their last name....Those are the parents of the boy who killed his sister....I wouldn't be shocked if they moved.

I understand why we can't ask those questions here (about the parents) but to a large degree I think that they are fair, though difficult, questions. Maybe it is because I really, really want the parents to be at fault. It is easier for me to accept that adults failed this child than to accept that a child, the same age as my own, just suddenly became a murderer without warning.

Maria Medina ‏@mariaCBS13 11m
They mourned alongside #LeilaFowler's family. Now -- some say they're angry. The reason they've stopped supporting the Fowlers @ 10pm #CBS13

Maria Medina ‏@mariaCBS13 11m
They mourned alongside #LeilaFowler's family. Now -- some say they're angry. The reason they've stopped supporting the Fowlers @ 10pm #CBS13

I'm guessing a lot of the locals are angry because the family had a memorial fund (that they gave money to) and they were lead to believe that an intruder did this. The family held a candlelight vigil too. It sounds to me like some of them believe the family knew the brother did it but came up with this facade.

I also imagine many people want their money back now because they don't want it going to the defense fund for the brother.

I'm guessing a lot of the locals are angry because the family had a memorial fund (that they gave money to) and they were lead to believe that an intruder did this. The family held a candlelight vigil too. It sounds to me like some of them believe the family knew the brother did it but came up with this facade.

I also imagine many people want their money back now because they don't want it going to the defense fund for the brother.

I imagine your last sentence is dead on. I don't know what the right thing to do is but the family is in a very unenviable position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia