GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the MSM has said IF's name in their articles....It also seems like most children who are arrested for murder have their names revealed in the media. Maybe it's not the court that releases it, but there doesn't seem to be a law against the media using their name.

In this case his name was already out there due to his relationship with the victim. There are plenty of other cases in the US where the juvenile isn't named at all, or is initially named when there are moves to try him as an adult and then no longer named when its moved to juvenile court.

Besides, your media and the British tabloids are two very different animals.

Which is the exact reason James Bulgers killers were given new identities. In regards to records, if IF came up again for another crime in his 20's under a new name we may never be able to connect him to this one. The only reason we know Venables was later arrested for distributing child *advertiser censored* is because his new identity was exposed and the court refused to give him a third one.

No, that's not accurate. Venables was tried as an adult and sentenced to life, so while the public didn't know his new name he was under the supervision of probation officers who did know who he was. He was sentenced for the downloading of child *advertiser censored* under his own name so as not to expose the new identity.

Which is the exact reason James Bulgers killers were given new identities. In regards to records, if IF came up again for another crime in his 20's under a new name we may never be able to connect him to this one.

If IF was arrested for another crime years later, the connection would definitely be made. I believe the media would easily be able to find out it was the same IF. For one thing, I think name changes are public records, but not positive on that. LE would definitely know whether it was the same IF, and I definitely think that would leak to the media. If IF still had contact with his family, and if the Fowlers spoke out in the media after he is arrested, the connection would be made.

In this case his name was already out there due to his relationship with the victim. There are plenty of other cases in the US where the juvenile isn't named at all, or is initially named when there are moves to try him as an adult and then no longer named when its moved to juvenile court.

Besides, your media and the British tabloids are two very different animals.

Actually, the media did not use his name at all prior to his arrest. The only mention of it was in the obituary.

(There were some media outlets that claimed that Justin Fowler, the brother who spoke at the vigil was the 12-year-old, though).

No, that's not accurate. Venables was tried as an adult and sentenced to life, so while the public didn't know his new name he was under the supervision of probation officers who did know who he was. He was sentenced for the downloading of child *advertiser censored* under his own name so as not to expose the new identity.

If IF was arrested for another crime years later, the connection would definitely be made. I believe the media would easily be able to find out it was the same IF. For one thing, I think name changes are public records, but not positive on that. LE would definitely know whether it was the same IF, and I definitely think that would leak to the media. If IF still had contact with his family, and if the Fowlers spoke out in the media after he is arrested, the connection would be made.

You know what I'm getting at though .. it's not so easy to know juvenile records of people who offend as adults .. like we often just do not know what someone may have done as a child ..

You know what I'm getting at though .. it's not so easy to know juvenile records of people who offend as adults .. like we often just do not know what someone may have done as a child ..

We - the public - don't know, but LE usually does.

What a wierd 911, older daughter's on phone with them and they're okay??? Anyway, I'll listen to it again, but being they've released the 911 call, I'd say charges have or will be brought soon.

I thought the boy said he called parents after he found the sister.

"My daughter's boyfriend is on the phone with them right now. They said they're OK."

THEY said it? They, as in Leila and IF? OK? Like, stabbed and bleeding to death OK?

Oh boy. Not good.

Wait I thought IF called 911? So it should've been "he called his parents and THEY called 911"?

"My daughter is freaking out"???? What??!!

Yeah, I have listen 3 or 4 times, I think she means her older daughter was on the phone & then gave the phone to her boyfriend???

Hopefully we, get the 2nd tape soon, that will be the interesting one.

That's right .. so we have little way of knowing if certain people who kill as adults have also possibly killed as children.

If they kill as adults their juvenile records come to light because LE knows who they are. If somebody goes on to live a law abiding life as an adult we would have no way of knowing if they killed as a child.

Right, Crystal is on phone with 911, the older daughter is on the phone with them and she's freaking out. It was Leila screaming and boy was in bathroom. I had read IF called the parents, not 911.

If they kill as adults their juvenile records come to light because LE knows who they are. If somebody goes on to live a law abiding life as an adult we would have no way of knowing if they killed as a child.

OK .. thanks, I was just curious as to how tightly they were sealed up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed