GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking maybe they cancelled the press conference because the boy confessed to them. I would assume after that they hired an attorney and questioned the evidence. It would be difficult to make a statement claiming he is innocent when you know it is not true. Susan Smith proved you cannot lie on camera without people noticing.
In any case my higgest question is motive. I just cannot fathom the why.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

SERIOUSLY?? I sure hope no judge allows a boy accused of murdering a sibling, to be around other siblings. No way. They are defense layers, so I guess they have to ask...but, really?

I'd say this person is talking outta their butt. :blushing:

QUOTE=white rabbit;9431294]not if you were the evidence.

(agree to disagree)...

If a father or mother.. myself included, was faced with this horrific crime and had the chance to look into the camera and tell whoever did this to my princess that "he'd better give his soul to god or just kill themselves now before I find you first".. would'nt you take it?

A better question is, why didnt they?

:silenced::shush:[/QUOTE]

Dinaslala! You're back!!! Good to hear from you again. I cannot imagine what Priscilla is going through. Have you ever managed to get verified??

If a father or mother.. myself included, was faced with this horrific crime and had the chance to look into the camera and tell whoever did this to my princess that "he'd better give his soul to god or just kill themselves now before I find you first".. would'nt you take it?

A better question is, why didnt they?

:silenced::shush:

Dinaslala! You're back!!! Good to hear from you again. I cannot imagine what Priscilla is going through. Have you ever managed to get verified??[/QUOTE]

I needed to step back.. pulled a few weeds and just processed... :)

She is hanging on by a thread to be honest...
I dont know how or where she's finding strength to even wake up...but Im thankful she is :)

Actually, I was sent instructions and gave them all they asked for.. so Im just waiting for an actual call :)

Does it seem reasonable that the person in the background, asking what the cross street of Rippon is, could actually be talking to the older sister? And then Crystal is talking to the other 911 dispatch??

Dinaslala! You're back!!! Good to hear from you again. I cannot imagine what Priscilla is going through. Have you ever managed to get verified??

I dont know how or where she's finding strength to even wake up...but Im thankful she is :)

Actually, I was sent instructions and gave them all they asked for.. so Im just waiting for an actual call :)[/QUOTE]

Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I was sent instructions and gave them all they asked for.. so Im just waiting for an actual call :)

Idk if there is a thing she can do but please tell her to research this <modsnip> her ex seems to have hired to defend her son. No matter what, IF deserves to be defended by someone that understands professionalism and ethics.

That 911 call has me even more confused than I was before.... Sigh

Me too! I'm telling you guys, there is something way off with this case. Between the 911 call and the unprofessional entrance of the Twitter LOLyer all I can do is SMH and wait on the other shoe to drop.

Me too! I'm telling you guys, there is something way off with this case. Between the 911 call and the unprofessional entrance of the Twitter LOLyer all I can do is SMH and wait on the other shoe to drop.

I must have missed something..,what is the Twitter LOLyer? Not sure what that means.

I must have missed something..,what is the Twitter LOLyer? Not sure what that means.

The "LOLyer" was just me expressing my derision with this <modsnip>. It appears that the Fowler's have hired a lawyer to defend IF. He is so professional that he was on Twitter tweeting about them coming in to hire him before they even got there. His Twitter is linked a few pages back.

The 12 year old's lawyer.

https://twitter.com/reichellaw

Wouldn't YOU want to hire him? :scared:

When Crystal call 911, since she didn't say anyone was hurt, ambulance wouldn't have been dispatched. So first police would have to show up and request the ambulance after they found that little girl was hurt.

This seems like one of the cases where LE might say
"The ambulance is going to take too long, put her in my car and lets GO!!!"

I'm a little surprised that they waited 15 or 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive.
I wouldn't have if it had been my child.

It takes 10 minutes for an ambulance to arrive at our house.
It takes us less than 5 to load up and get into the hospital ER.

We live half mile from the hospital and we have a strict policy.
We only call 911 if we cannot move the patient. (Spinal injury.)

Otherwise, we transport ourselves.... it's faster!
Choking, amputation, breathing issues, it's faster to take them ourselves.
This scenario would have fallen under "transport ourselves." :twocents:

I think that we are definitely reading too much into the actual 911 call to make any reasonable understanding of what went on there. We have several different conversations going on at once, it seems to me. It sounds to me like we have Crystal on the phone with 911 operator. At the very beginning of the call, it sounds to me that she had been talking to highway patrol (which likely picked up the call from the cell phone) and that was the end of the conversation before the transfer to the local 911 operator. It sounded to me that the first dispatcher was giving directions to another dispatcher that was there with her. I would assume that they were getting someone out to the house at that time-then they hooked up with the local dispatcher. If you notice, the local dispatcher never gets an address, so it is safe to assume that the first dispatcher got the address and the 2nd dispatcher was informed that help was on the way. While Crystal is on the phone with 911, you can hear a man's voice in the background saying "it's ok...they're on the way...it's alright...etc.." It is difficult to make out his actual words,but I am assuming it is the daughter's boyfriend in the car with Crystal and he is talking to the 12 year old on the phone. It sounds to me that the boyfriend was trying to reassure the boy that help was on the way.

Another interesting tidbit I picked up on the call was that Crystal stated that there was a man that came in the house, the daughter screamed, and then there was a man that was seen in front of their house who then ran away.

At the very end of the 911 call, you can hear Crystal tell the daughter's boyfriend to hang up the phone because 911 was going to call the house.

I have heard many people ask why Barney didn't make the 911 call-I would imagine that he was frantically trying to keep his eyes on the road as he was driving the car to get home as fast as possible. I am wondering where the little ones were? And the other little brother. Did another parent volunteer to watch them at the field while the parents fled with the daughter and boyfriend in the car? I hope the little ones didn't witness anything at the house. I would imagine that would have been so scary for them. :(

But I don't think there is any great mystery that has been solved here really. We have to see if we get any additional evidence. I recall at the earliest part of the story breaking, we heard that the boy saw the intruder, pursued him for a bit and ran him off-then went back inside to check on the sister to see if she was ok and found her bleeding to death. This actually could very well coincide with the 911 call. He called his parents to let them know that an intruder was in the house. They called 911 on another phone while the boyfriend kept him on the phone. He could have found Leila at some point after they hung up the call. When did he "discover" her? Was it during the call that the 911 operator called to the house? Did she have him check on his sister during the call to make sure she was ok and then he "found" her and freaked out on the phone? That is a huge chunk of evidence we do not have at our disposal and probably never will.

Side note: what the lawyer says can possibly make sense-that the boy made up the part about pursuing the intruder, when he actually just hid inside the bathroom scared and didn't want anyone to think he was a coward. If LE's main evidence is the boy lying, rather than forensics, that may be a big hole in the state's case. But I would imagine they have more than just that. But it is a piece and typically, attornies generally break apart a states case piece by piece.

lol. my gosh am I tired. CountryGirl, nevermind, it was my own link you were quoting from.

Sorry about that.

So from what I have gleaned so far from the attorney he is saying things like "might" "may" etc. Still keeping the intruder story open but allowing for the possibility that 12 year did not see the intruder.

This makes my question about the clothes even more pressing.

ETA makes me wonder too how much the attorney knows at this point, lots of bet hedging from him at this point.
BBM: If IF took a shower, having different clothes would not be strange at all.

If it is all a lie, then taking a shower was probably to clean up. if it wasn't a lie having different clothes wouldn't be weird, either.

Now MISSING clothes, that would be weird.

The 12 year old's lawyer.

https://twitter.com/reichellaw

Wouldn't YOU want to hire him? :scared:

This seems like one of the cases where LE might say
"The ambulance is going to take too long, put her in my car and lets GO!!!"

I'm a little surprised that they waited 15 or 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive.
I wouldn't have if it had been my child.

It takes 10 minutes for an ambulance to arrive at our house.
It takes us less than 5 to load up and get into the hospital ER.

We live half mile from the hospital and we have a strict policy.
We only call 911 if we cannot move the patient. (Spinal injury.)

Otherwise, we transport ourselves.... it's faster!
Choking, amputation, breathing issues, it's faster to take them ourselves.
This scenario would have fallen under "transport ourselves." :twocents:

Forgive me....:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

BBM: If IF took a shower, having different clothes would not be strange at all.

If it is all a lie, then taking a shower was probably to clean up. if it wasn't a lie having different clothes wouldn't be weird, either.

Now MISSING clothes, that would be weird.

Another possible weird incident....IF his clothes were found in the wash or dryer. :banghead:
darn auto correct....sorry

Names of juveniles are not sealed, its at the judge's discretion whether or not to name them. Although after the debacle that the aftermath of the James Bulger case turned into I think it'll be a long time before any child defendant that young is named again.

Adult defendants are always named unless revealing their name would reveal the identity of a victim of a sex offense, (ie, where the two are related).

Thanks. That makes sense.

I aware of that he is charged. I specifically commented to a post stating that IF was alone and that he killed LF and that this was known to be. You stepped into the fray.

Arrests and charges are based on probability; not certainty. "Beyond reasonable doubt" does not mean certainty, but a higher probability.

An arrest/charge does not mean that the crime was captured by a video recording of infinite clarity. Nevertheless, some of us appear to interpret it that way.

You know, we are not jurors here. We are free to express opinions. And I:m not sure how long you've been here but this is not typically a site that supports defendants, although some do and all opinions are welcome. But it's mostly about supporting victims.

For me, generally, using deductive reasoning (and BTW, I am incredibly good at logic), I come to conclusions about cases that typically - due to the premise that most cops aren't out to frame an innocent person and most cops aren't so stupid they arrest the wrong person - are that a defendant is likely guilty of the crime alleged. So I am the opposite of innocent until proven guilty unless there is a ton of obvious evidence pointing elsewhere.

And that's okay. I'm allowed to assume that the facts as indicated by the information given, such as arrests and charges, are accurate. And I am allowed to state such facts as facts.

And anyone is allowed to disagree. But I don't have a lot of time for nonsense, such as using words like "alleged", "allegedly". And I'm not going to conform to posters who may be uncomfortable with my failure to use such qualifiers. We are not in court. Sorry.

Is there anything to be read into the fact that at the beginning of this investigation LE was looking at sex offenders in the area, or is that simply because it is most likely that an intruder walking into a home and stabbing an 8 year old girl could only be a sex offender so they were just covering that as a possible aspect? If there was a sexual element to this case it may help us understand why the parents are having a particularly hard time coming to terms with the arrest, not that they wouldn't be anyway.

http://www.wptz.com/news/national/S...ath/-/8869978/19947888/-/qvttk6z/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia