GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I found this from an early report ..

Sheriff's officials said they have checked on registered sex offenders and people on parole and probation for sex crimes as part of their investigation. But they stressed they were doing so as a matter of good investigative procedure and not because the slaying is a sex crime.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/30/5381834/calaveras-sheriff-vows-to-find.html#storylink=cpy

So it seems like investigation into sex criminals was procedure ..

Is there anything to be read into the fact that at the beginning of this investigation LE was looking at sex offenders in the area, or is that simply because it is most likely that an intruder walking into a home and stabbing an 8 year old girl could only be a sex offender so they were just covering that as a possible aspect? If there was a sexual element to this case it may help us understand why the parents are having a particularly hard time coming to terms with the arrest, not that they wouldn't be anyway.

http://www.wptz.com/news/national/S...ath/-/8869978/19947888/-/qvttk6z/-/index.html
:scared:
:eek::noooo:

Oh no.... I hadn't even thought that might be a possibility.... :(

OK I found this from an early report ..

Sheriff's officials said they have checked on registered sex offenders and people on parole and probation for sex crimes as part of their investigation. But they stressed they were doing so as a matter of good investigative procedure and not because the slaying is a sex crime.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/30/5381834/calaveras-sheriff-vows-to-find.html#storylink=cpy

So it seems like investigation into sex criminals was procedure ..

Phew! Though I really hope it isn't part of the equation, at all. Ugh. This case is horrifying enough, without it. (MOO)

Does it seem reasonable that the person in the background, asking what the cross street of Rippon is, could actually be talking to the older sister? And then Crystal is talking to the other 911 dispatch??

That crossed my mind too, but why would older sister be calling 911 if CW was calling? Who was talking to IF then--I know a BF was at one time, but I figured he took over from older sis. It is still my impression they were together when the conversations were happening because of CW's last words to hang up because the police were going to call IF.

The 911 call we heard had to be edited. The location of the house was edited out, and somehow the 911 operator knew the family phone number to call IF back and since CW was calling from a cell phone, someone had to give the phone number of the house.

Oh, it's real sweetie... REALLY real. :scared:

Here is their beautiful website...

http://www.reichelplesser.com/

Which actually links to their fabulous twitter.

https://twitter.com/reichellaw

He is a SUPER LAWYER don't ya know?! :hero:

From their site: "Tough. Experienced. Respected. For when you need the best criminal defense..."

Seriously? Experienced in what exactly? Professional misconduct, inappropriate use of Twitter? No lawyer with a lick of sense would be on freaking Twitter talking about their minor client before they are even hired. I really hope that someone can step in and replace this guy. A first year law student with one ethics class under their belt would know better!

There are conflicting accounts from those who know Leila Fowler's older brother, a seventh grader who some say was often in trouble, suspended even, but never violent.

"He was really sweet; I never thought he would do anything like that to his little sister like that, it's really kind of scary," classmate BT said.

"He would always have issues, one of those guys that would always be in trouble," classmate MU said.

snipped

Barney Fowler, the biological father of both Leila and her brother, told The Associated Press the family is backing the boy. The siblings' step grandmother Robin Walters told ABC7 News, "He loved his sister. We can't see him doing anything like this."

One Valley Springs student says the whole fowler family, including the 12-year-old brother, came to school last Friday to say goodbye, one day before the boy was arrested.

"He seemed nice and funny when I hugged him on Friday," JA said.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=9100635#&cmp=twi-kgo-article-9100635

My heart goes out to this very sad family....I must be just awful to loose an 8 year old daughter and then have you 12 year old arrested...

I am withholding judgement until I learn MORE about the strange happenings that day...

But we people of Florida watched:

"Caylee Marie Anthony's" sad trial and we watched her Sorry Family help FCA get away with Murder....

We also watched Ted Bundy's Mother watch her sorry son die as she proclaimed him "Very Innocent" of ever doing anything wrong!

The old saying..."Blood Is Thicker Than Water!" applies to both the above and the Fowler Family!

Dear God..Please Enjoy Your Angels Leila and Caylee Marie..and Bless their Sweet Souls!

Cappuccino: This whole case is "unbelievable". A 12-year-old boy just "normally" doesn't suddenly attack and murder his little 8-year-old sister, stabbing her 20 times in their own home. That is also "unbelievable".

And yes, random strangers do kill children here and there, by stabbing, shooting, strangling, etc. The one closest to this I can remember happened in the last 10 years in Calif. Some random guy (can't remember his name) about 20-years-old, walked into a public campground bathroom and stabbed to death a random 9-year-old boy. 'Just for the hell of it.'

He was eventually caught & convicted and just said he had blood lust. He told the court that if released he would surely do it again.

So yes, random slaughter acts like this actually do happen. Cops know this, which would make the son's story about a random stranger killing of Leila plausible.

Right so a random intruder breaks into a house belonging to complete strangers and stabs an 8 year old to death. No robbery, no sexual motive. I don't find that believable. MOO.

My heart goes out to this very sad family....I must be just awful to loose an 8 year old daughter and then have you 12 year old arrested...

I am withholding judgement until I learn MORE about the strange happenings that day...

But we people of Florida watched:

"Caylee Marie Anthony's" sad trial and we watched her Sorry Family help FCA get away with Murder....

We also watched Ted Bundy's Mother watch her sorry son die as she proclaimed him "Very Innocent" of ever doing anything wrong!

The old saying..."Blood Is Thicker Than Water!" applies to both the above and the Fowler Family!

Dear God..Please Enjoy Your Angels Leila and Caylee Marie..and Bless their Sweet Souls!

Scott Peterson's mother was one of the worst...

A reporter for the Calaveras Enterprise did a radio interview and he said that they have heard reports that there are incidents in the past between IF and Leila, possibly of a violent nature, and they plan on looking more into them. Could this be the previous "calls of services" to the house?

It's around 4:30

https://ia601705.us.archive.org/12/items/Insight-130514/Insight-130514c.mp3

At 4:50:

He also says that the DNA evidence that was sent for testing, some of the results came back and were the "main piece of the puzzle that led to his arrest".

A reporter for the Calaveras Enterprise did a radio interview and he said that they have heard reports that there are incidents in the past between IF and Leila, possibly of a violent nature, and they plan on looking more into them. Could this be the previous "calls of services" to the house?

He also says that the DNA evidence that was sent for testing, some of the results came back and were the "main piece of the puzzle that led to his arrest".

Perhaps his DNA was on a knife with traces of her blood? And since he apparently claimed she was "fine" that would be hard to explain.

We take on the government and advocate for the result you want. We review police reports/discovery, investigate the case, and defend you in court.

http://www.reichelplesser.com/
Gee, Reichel's Mom lives in my town. His Tweets are so darn informative (insert eye-roll) ...

Perhaps his DNA was on a knife with traces of her blood? And since he apparently claimed she was "fine" that would be hard to explain.

Or his own blood mixed with hers, many stabbings include accidental self injury of the perpetrator.

Cappuccino: This whole case is "unbelievable". A 12-year-old boy just "normally" doesn't suddenly attack and murder his little 8-year-old sister, stabbing her 20 times in their own home. That is also "unbelievable".

And yes, random strangers do kill children here and there, by stabbing, shooting, strangling, etc. The one closest to this I can remember happened in the last 10 years in Calif. Some random guy (can't remember his name) about 20-years-old, walked into a public campground bathroom and stabbed to death a random 9-year-old boy. 'Just for the hell of it.'

He was eventually caught & convicted and just said he had blood lust. He told the court that if released he would surely do it again.

So yes, random slaughter acts like this actually do happen. Cops know this, which would make the son's story about a random stranger killing of Leila plausible.
BBM: Brandon Wilson. Sweet guy.

http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/wilson-brandon.htm

If this is true then BF and CW should be charged for leaving her home alone with him.

If this was my family, I would want us to fade into obscurity. This lawyer seems like he will do plenty of national media interviews. He's already promoting his new high-profile, sensational case on Twitter. He doesn't even have to win; Just being attached to this case will be amazing for his exposure.

IF and that's big IF this is actually true.

I would definitely expect charges against the parents. :twocents:

That might be part of the denial.
It is very easy to downplay the seriousness of a situation when it is YOUR child.

However, if you know your babysitter has a history of violence against your child...
And you still leave that babysitter alone with your child...
And then your babysitter kills your child...
That is neglect. :twocents:

Calaveras County Sheriff’s investigators say they found the blood and fingerprints of 12-year-old Ixxxx Fxxxxx, who was arrested Saturday in the murder of his 8-year-old sister, Leila.

Sources close to the investigation say the DNA evidence was collected from the crime scene, which was Leila’s bedroom.

Read more: http://fox40.com/2013/05/14/leila-fowlers-family-hires-attorney-support-son-accused-of-murder/#ixzz2TKvvVcqZ

Fingerprints-depends on where they were found. Blood-I can only hope there might be a valid reason for it, but it's not looking good for Super Lawyer.

Calaveras County Sheriff’s investigators say they found the blood and fingerprints of 12-year-old Ixxxx Fowler, who was arrested Saturday in the murder of his 8-year-old sister, Leila.

Sources close to the investigation say the DNA evidence was collected from the crime scene, which was Leila’s bedroom.

Read more: http://fox40.com/2013/05/14/leila-fowlers-family-hires-attorney-support-son-accused-of-murder/#ixzz2TKvvVcqZ

There you go .. blood and fingerprints. And the crime scene was her bedroom, so that answers that one too .. I wonder how long she was left there before he called the parents?

LE said the day they found her that they believed they had DNA. That was before any testing was done. How would they know the difference between her blood and his just by looking?

I keep thinking about the DNA. LE knew that day they had DNA. They had to have visually been able to differentiate that the DNA was from the perpetrator. It wasn't cast off or dripping blood, cause that could have been hers. It could have been skin under the nails. But usually if there is a stabbing, the victim will place her hand or hands over the place that hurts. Which means blood would obscure the skin under the nails.

So what DNA did they find that they automatically knew was from the attacker?

Another interesting comment from the reporter during the interview:

Regarding whether the brother had help, Sargent Hewitt says he does not believe the family was involved in this crime, at this point.

That reminded me of when Hewitt said:

So has Leila’s 12-year-old brother been eliminated as a suspect?

“They are simply witnesses and we are interviewing them as such,” Hewitt said.

“Could that change, that status from witness to something else?” FOX40 asked.

“It depends on what kind of information we develop over the next couple of days,” Sgt. Hewitt added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader