GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its easy to go there what with the crime scene being the bedroom and the confusing DNA statement but IIRC the ME stated there was no immediate evidence of sexual assault. it was when reporters where asking LE at the presser about questioning RSOs in the area. The one where Fowler and Walters stood behind the LEO but declined to speak. which implies there was not visual evidence (ie. bodily fluids) to suggest that occurred. I will try to grab a link before heading out to work.

ETA link from coroner because I don't have time to wade locate the presser. Calaveres County Coroner spoke to Fox40

He also told Fox40 that, other than the stab wounds, there were no signs of abuse on the 8-year-old girl, including sexual abuse.

Read more: http://fox40.com/2013/04/30/search-...young-girl-try-to-find-answers/#ixzz2TMkzgMNH

IMO by the time the call to parents was made Leila was already close to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close to death - would she still be screaming then and freaking out? When you bleed out you get very weak and woozy before you eventually lose consciousness.

What a weird story. Do we know exactly when IF called the CF? Was it right before she called 911?

I know its easy to go there what with the crime scene being the bedroom and the confusing DNA statement but IIRC the ME stated there was no immediate evidence of sexual assault. it was when reporters where asking LE at the presser about questioning RSOs in the area. The one where Fowler and Walters stood behind the LEO but declined to speak. which implies there was not visual evidence (ie. bodily fluids) to suggest that occurred. I will try to grab a link before heading out to work.

ETA link from coroner because I don't have time to wade locate the presser. Calaveres County Coroner spoke to Fox40

He also told Fox40 that, other than the stab wounds, there were no signs of abuse on the 8-year-old girl, including sexual abuse.

Read more: http://fox40.com/2013/04/30/search-...young-girl-try-to-find-answers/#ixzz2TMkzgMNH

Thanks! So then the earlier question posed here is quite valid: how did they immediately know that they had DNA other than hers that implicated the perp?

Kristen Sze TV News ‏@abc7kristensze 33m
12-yr old boy charged w/stabbing 8 yr old sis leila fowler has 1st juv ct appearance today.

It would be interesting to know if the brother had any cuts or scratches on him. Even for the parents, that should be a very obvious sign.

I'm really having disdain for defense attorneys right now, after what they had to say in this case and in Ariel Castro's. (I know it's their job and part of that job I guess, is acting like an a$$) No, I'm not saying this boy doesn't deserve a defense but this guy is ridiculous. I couldn't do it. I can't help but think about this child possibly being guilty and this attorney somehow manages to get the case dropped. How are the parents going to feel taking him home and risking him hurting another person. Or, if evidence does point to his guilt, will the parents prefer he is held and gets treatment?

Looking at the video ending with him putting his head on his father's shoulder, he looks to be smirking to me.

Thanks. That makes sense.
You know, we are not jurors here. We are free to express opinions.

I never said anything counter to expressing opinions. I am a proponent of the First, fourth, fifth, sixth, and fourteenth amendment. However, I am not a fan of citing the first amendment to justify subverting the others. Terminology is important. In my profession, it is life and death. Four the sake of the family and a fair trial, there is merit to acknowledging what is opinion and what is fact. Please do not apologize. It is not necessary.

Tis appears to be the organization that the defense atty gets his "super lawyer" designation from:

http://www.superlawyers.com/index.html

Not sure what everyone finds so strange about his twitter... Looks like he hardly tweets at all, as a matter of fact, and mostly random things about what he is doing in court. :waitasec:

Looking at the video ending with him putting his head on his father's shoulder, he looks to be smirking to me.

He's one creepy looking dude, that's for sure.

This story is so odd to me. I just don't get WHY, ya know? But, I realize sometimes there's not always an answer for that.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/may/14/911-caller-believed-stabbed-girl-8-was-alive/

"A tape released Tuesday to TV station KGO indicates a woman called 911 after getting a call about a mystery intruder from the girl's 12-year-old brother, who was arrested Saturday in connection with the killing.

The caller, who said she was the girl's mother, said the children, including Leila Fowler, were OK. She was not at home at the time.

She says her son was in the bathroom and heard her daughter screaming. She says he came out of the bathroom and saw an intruder run out of the house.

The caller said "my daughter is freaking out right now.""

Maybe it's just me, but I find it odd that the boy would call his father's live in girlfriend,(cause that's what she is) and not his dad, about an intruder in the home.

Tis appears to be the organization that the defense atty gets his "super lawyer" designation from:

http://www.superlawyers.com/index.html

Not sure what everyone finds so strange about his twitter... Looks like he hardly tweets at all, as a matter of fact, and mostly random things about what he is doing in court. :waitasec:

What bothers me is this guy spoke to the media advising the family to hire an attorney and then he jumps on Twitter announcing that they are coming in to hire him. If he was hired to represent JF & CW and they consented to his Twitter activity then so be it but his client is a minor accused of a very serious crime and he deserves a lawyer with a bit more discretion.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it odd that the boy would call his father's live in girlfriend,(cause that's what she is) and not his dad, about an intruder in the home.

Maybe he is very close to her and thinks of her as a mother.

Not every blended family has to have unrest in it.

It is possible that BF doesn't have a cell, maybe they share one or maybe IF did call his dad but because he was driving Crystal answered the phone.

I don't. From all accounts, including his bio mother's Crystal (the GF, Fiancee, whatever title you prefer) has been involved in IF and Leila's life for a number of years, and despite lack of marriage license, appears to have been the day to day "mother" of the children. So to me, him calling her phone is in line with a kid calling his "mom"

When you want fun call dad. When you are hurt or scared call mom.

I am starting to wonder if IF called his sister, and then she and/or her boyfriend either called/told Crystal and Barney about the "break-in"? Did IF even talk to Crystal? As for the whole freaking out comment, IF could have just claimed that Leila was freaking out on the phone, it doesn't mean that the sister and her boyfriend actually heard her freaking out.

I also noticed that Crystal is now referred to as the fiancee in the media, since after the arrest happened. Makes me wonder if that's some form of image control?

Oh god. I'm thinking the worst again. Perhaps they could separate her blood from the perps blood because of blood patterns at the scene though ..

I think you could be right.

If they saw blood spatter on his clothing then the only way that could get there would be if he was up close to her while she was being stabbed.

If he claimed he touched her afterward all the blood would have been blood transference which is a much different pattern than blood spatter.

IMO

I don't. From all accounts, including his bio mother's Crystal (the GF, Fiancee, whatever title you prefer) has been involved in IF and Leila's life for a number of years, and despite lack of marriage license, appears to have been the day to day "mother" of the children. So to me, him calling her phone is in line with a kid calling his "mom"

When you want fun call dad. When you are hurt or scared call mom.

Oh thank you for this information.

He most definitely does think of her as his mom if she has helped raise him for years. IMO He may even call her 'mom.' That isn't unheard of when couples have been together for years even if they aren't married.

IMO

calling Crystal instead of dad does not bother me. but I must say that his calling either of them rather than 911 is troubling and was a red flag to many here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader