GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids are now 12 years and 11year old twins. Two boys one girl. We have loads of scuffles, wrestling matches, jumping out to scare one another and so on.

I can tell in an instant by the sounds from the kids what type of situation is taking place.
I am surprised the parents could not determine scared/freaking noises from injured/bleeding noises.

Wouldn't the medical examiner be able to tell approximately how long before death the stab wounds were made? Until she passed, wouldn't cuts start to close--especially if it was very small knife wounds?

I hate even thinking about this--the poor child!

Has it been said that they (fowler's) were at the game, or were they (fowler's) in the car on their(fowler's) way home.

Wouldn't the medical examiner be able to tell approximately how long before death the stab wounds were made? Until she passed, wouldn't cuts start to close--especially if it was very small knife wounds?

I hate even thinking about this--the poor child!

Exactly, I'm sure they have a wealth of information that may not have added up to the story being told.

You're lucky!!! Our coaches want the kids there an hour before game time. Looking at the younger boy's age, I am thinking it was his game (the babies seem to be too young for anything more than t-ball at best.) My 10 year old son's games have a 2 hour limit and they can't start an inning past 1:45 mark of the game. Typically, the games last the full 2 hours, if not longer. If there is a mercy-rule the game may end earlier, but at this age, they typically play 6 innings and with the level of pitching at that age (all over the place!) the innings take a long time and often times are called due to the time limits. If the game is at 10:30, I really do not see them in the car on the way home before 12:13 Usually, people hang out after the game, the coaches give a bit of a talk, the kids have a snack, parents gather around and chat, etc... (and don't forget that was the time of the transfer call.) There was a call from the boy to Crystal first. Then an initial call to 911 that was picked up by highway patrol and then that call was transferred to the local dispatch. The original call may have very well come in from the boy a bit sooner than that, perhaps about 12:05-12:10.

I think the call was made from the boy when they were all still at the field.

Also-a standard minivan only holds 7 people. There wasn't enough room for Leila and the 12 year old (just guessing) and they stayed home. Maybe they wanted to watch TV, had homework to do, had chores, or just didn't really feel like going. Who knows.

I could be mistaken, and perhaps the answer was already stated, but did LE actually say that they were leaving the park when IF called them? I must have missed that. I assumed that they were still at the game and that it was not over yet, when he called them. I pictured them leaving mid-game. Plus, was older sister actually at the game, too, or was she just merely called on the phone?? Those are the pieces that don't make sense to me.

**Oh and we have the exact game procedure as your league, well, minus the team arrival:)

I could be mistaken, and perhaps the answer was already stated, but did LE actually say that they were leaving the park when IF called them? I must have missed that. I assumed that they were still at the game and that it was not over yet, when he called them. I pictured them leaving mid-game. Plus, was older sister actually at the game, too, or was she just merely called on the phone?? Those are the pieces that don't make sense to me.

**Oh and we have the exact game procedure as your league, well, minus the team arrival:)

I think sister and boyfriend were in the call because you can hear the boyfriend in the background on the 911 call talking to the 12 year old.

Who is to say that the daughter and her boyfriend actually heard Leila freaking out? IF could have just claimed that she was freaking out, and they took his word for it. His story was that an intruder had just ran out of the house...An 8-year-old girl freaking out over that would seem to make sense.

This article said:

"The caller was Leila’s stepmother, Crystal Walters, who was at a Little League game when she called 911, according to CBS Sacramento." http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-911-call-leila-fowler-death-20130515,0,7168682.story

If that's true, is it possible that Barney was in the car, heading home while Crystal remained at the game? The neighbor says she saw Barney covered in blood, which if true, tells me he got home before LE did.

However, didn't Crystal say during the call "We're trying to get there" which sounds to me like they were in the car, on their way home during the 911 call?

Who is to say that the daughter and her boyfriend actually heard Leila freaking out? IF could have just claimed that she was freaking out, and they took his word for it. His story was that an intruder had just ran out of the house...An 8-year-old girl freaking out over that would seem to make sense.

Yes. And if she actually heard the daughter freaking out, I absolutely think her demeanor would have been different. I think IF relayed to the daughter's boyfriend, that Leila was freaking out. Then, daughter's boyfriend relayed it to the fiancee. OR the daughter with her (whose boyfriend was on the phone with IF) was freaking out. That's one of the biggest things I can't figure out, is WHO was freaking out. In any case, I don't think the fiancee or daughter's boyfriend heard it themselves.

My apologies for the graphic nature:
I don't believe a child who was stabbed 21 times and literally minutes away from death, can scream and freak out. My dad was in the navy. He has a HUGE knife scar on his side. He was actually stabbed more then once. They were ambushed on a boat in Asia. He told me the reason they could stab so many of them, was that none of them could yell or warn the others. He said stabbing literally takes the breath out of you. You gasp, gurgle, mutter,etc... try to make noises...but loud noises are nearly impossible. He didn't even have any fatal wounds or was hemorrhaging seriously. Now, take a little 8-9 year old who is hemorrhaging out to death. No way was she freaking out loud enough for them to hear that on the phone, through all the confusion.

IF allegedly tells older sister's BF that they are ok (or even that he is okay) as that would be the first question asked.

Now he can say he actually didn't see an intruder run from the house, although I'm sure he was questioned multiple times for description, anything he might remember about the killer, etc...but how does his attorney spin the fact that he didn't run to see how his sister was before or during the call to his family?

Nope.

Another thing is...I doubt the girlfriend and the boyfriend would take IF's word that him and Leila were "okay" if Leila was freaking out in the background. I completely understand an 8-year-old being shaken up by an intruder being in the house but to be "freaking out" in the background would imply that something more had happened. So this is why I think that no one actually heard Leila freaking out, but IF just claimed that she was.

I also wonder if when the dispatcher called the house...did IF tell her right away that Leila had been stabbed? Did she ask to speak to Leila?

ETA: Also, according to blue22's post, a stabbing victim cannot scream out. But even if they could, I would think there would be a major difference between the screams of a little girl who was stabbed 21x and was dying, and the screams of a little girl who was home when an intruder broke into the house. So IMO, no one actually heard Leila freaking out.

IF allegedly tells older sister's BF that they are ok (or even that he is okay) as that would be the first question asked.

Now he can say he actually didn't see an intruder run from the house, although I'm sure he was questioned multiple times for description, anything he might remember about the killer, etc...but how does his attorney spin the fact that he didn't run to see how his sister was before or during the call to his family?

Nope.

I think that it's going to be that the boy hid in the bathroom too scared to leave the bathroom. He made up the story about chasing away the intruder to sound tough.

We would all still love to hear what was said on the 911 call TO the residence. Is that when the boy "discovered" the sister?

<modsnip>

And just found that IF was a 7th grader:

Calaveras Unified School District Superintendent Mark Campbell said the seventh grader (was) at Toyon Middle School and teachers never saw any behavior that caused concern.

"Nothing honestly that would resonate something like this," Campbell said.

I think that it's going to be that the boy hid in the bathroom too scared to leave the bathroom. He made up the story about chasing away the intruder to sound tough.

We would all still love to hear what was said on the 911 call TO the residence. Is that when the boy "discovered" the sister?

Did he have the phone in the bathroom and never come out?

Or, if the story is he heard Leila scream, came out of the bathroom and saw the man, then ran back/hid in the bathroom, how did he get to the phone without checking on Leila?

The fact no mention was made that Leila was bleeding and injured on the call to his family and all the other stories in the 911 call are damning.

I seriously doubt the BF made up the stories that were being passed on to CW.

In fact, IF could have spoken to CW first, then she hands off the phone and uses another cell to call 911 while keeping IF on the phone with BF.

She seems to have all the "facts" when she calls 911 because I don't recall her asking any questions of anyone else when questioned by the 911 operator.

Dispatch: Hi, 911 how can I help you?

Walters: My children are home alone and a man just ran out of my house. My older son was in the bathroom and my daughter started screaming.

Dispatcher: OK

Walters: When he came out, there was a man inside of my house. I need officers there.

Dispatch: Where is your house?

Walters: 5621 Rippon Road in Valley Springs.

Dispatch: The man is gone, though?

Walters: They say he ran out. They are really scared.

Dispatch: Of course.

Walters: I&#8217;m trying to get there.

Dispatch: How old are your kids?

Walters: 12 and 9.

Dispatch: OK. You had a break-in?

Walters: Yeah.

Dispatch: Did they see the man? Were they able to describe him?

Walters: They did see him, yes. My daughter is freaking out right now.

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_24cad504-bd7c-11e2-bfe6-001a4bcf887a.html

Brother’s murder hearing open to the public

Leila Fowler’s 12-year-old brother, who is accused of killing her, will appear in court at 11:45 a.m. today, and the hearing is open to the public.

The hearing will take place in Department 1 of the Calaveras County Superior Court, San Andreas, and seating is first-come-first-serve.

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_24cad504-bd7c-11e2-bfe6-001a4bcf887a.html

I am somewhat surprised that the hearing for a juvenile, who they plan to charge as a juvenile, is open to the public. Does this strike anyone else as odd?

Has it been said that IF called CW, instead of BF? Is it possible that he did call BF and that the phone was handed off to the older daughter's boyfriend, when everyone got in the car to leave and then CW used another phone to call 911?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader