GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am somewhat surprised that the hearing for a juvenile, who they plan to charge as a juvenile, is open to the public. Does this strike anyone else as odd?

The public being allowed to sit in, is not unusual in my experience. That is allowed here, but it might be unusual for California. I don't know how their system works.

I am somewhat surprised that the hearing for a juvenile, who they plan to charge as a juvenile, is open to the public. Does this strike anyone else as odd?

I'm shocked, especially because he's under the age of 14. Over 14 would surprise me, but under 14 shocks me. I think it's completely inappropriate. I'm shocked it's legal (if indeed it is).

If that's true, is it possible that Barney was in the car, heading home while Crystal remained at the game? The neighbor says she saw Barney covered in blood, which if true, tells me he got home before LE did.

However, didn't Crystal say during the call "We're trying to get there" which sounds to me like they were in the car, on their way home during the 911 call?

IME it takes a moment to gather and herd multiple kids into vehicles when interrupted at a ballgame by an emergency call.

MOO they were at the game, call comes from IF, Crystal hands phone to older daughter's BF while taking his to call 911 (BF on phone with IF, Crystal on phone with 911) and daughter probably scrambling round getting Barney's attention and gathering kids to rush to vehicle(s)

A lot of this is probably happening simultaneously.

ETA Also, I don't know about BF, but lots of dads "assist" with coaching and are not siting in the bleachers, they are on the sidelines. ETAA maybe his phone was not on him but with Crystal. Maybe the call was meant for dad but Crystal answered the phone instead. No real way to know.

I'm shocked, especially because he's under the age of 14. Over 14 would surprise me, but under 14 shocks me. I think it's completely inappropriate. I'm shocked it's legal (if indeed it is).

Exactly my thinking as well!

“Until they have the proper evidence to show it's my son, we're standing behind him," Barney Fowler told the Associated Press. “If they have the evidence, well, that's another story. We're an honest family.”

It's interesting to me that the father isn't denying IF is guilty due to something like "My son could never do something like that!" It's like he does think IF is capable of it.

My .02 is that without ALOT of evidence of some sort or another... law enforcement would be careful about charging IF with this crime.
It doesn't seem like they'd charge him solely based on the fact that his story didn't seem accurate.

The picture in my mind of LE having to backtrack and apologize for mistakenly charging IF is very slim ; imo. They must have a reason to arrest IF , and it must be more than a 'hunch'.
Again moo.

Laura Anthony ‏@LauraAnthony7 8m ABC7
Father of 12-year-old boy accused of killing his sister arrives at San Andreas court for son's first hearing.
Leila Fowler stabbed to death.

Laura Anthony ‏@LauraAnthony7 8m ABC7
Father of 12-year-old boy accused of killing his sister arrives at San Andreas court for son's first hearing.
Leila Fowler stabbed to death.

Hmmm...just father? Why about Crystal? Priscilla? Justin?

Hmmm...just father? Why about Crystal? Priscilla? Justin?

Maybe taking care of the little kids for Crystal (they may not want to let them out of their sight, even if family was watching them) or school for Justin. I doubt that Priscilla would arrive with Barney.

there's six people (it's confusing). the sunglass guy out front, barney, holding crystal's hand who's directly behind one lawyer (you can only see her shoes), then justin behind the other lawyer.

IMO.

there's six people (it's confusing). the sunglass guy out front, barney, holding crystal's hand who's directly behind one lawyer (you can only see her shoes), then justin behind the other lawyer.

IMO.

Oh I didn't even see the person behind Barney! Yeah, that's probably Crystal.

IMO.

Thanks! I completely missed Justin. His suit blended in with the attorney's suit. I was looking at the small shoes behind the middle attorney's feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader