GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I saw it. Even in the face of a death and this arrest, I see there are still snarky remarks and anger being flung around in connection with the custody issue. Maybe that caused the kid to lose it. I don't know.

I was surprised at the level of snark there, in light of what's happened! Wow.

For the life of me I can't see a twelve year old clean up himself and his clothes after such a horrendous act without help. Where were his clothes? He obviously did it, not long after LE was basically reassuring the community to calm down. If they pretty much knew it was him and I'm assuming they had to wait for testing to come back, etc or whatever happened, why on earth was he allowed to go back to school? How could anyone live in a house with a child and not know the child is capable of violence? I mean short temper, whatever. There had to be signs beforehand or after, my mind's boggled over this case.

Maybe he had bloody clothes, but told LE he tried to help his sister(CPR, checking pulse,ect) or something and that's why he had blood on him and LE couldn't prove right then and there he did it until they went through the evidence.

Maybe he had bloody clothes, but told LE he tried to help his sister(CPR, checking pulse,ect) or something and that's why he had blood on him and LE couldn't prove right then and there he did it until they went through the evidence.

True and a person that could hold out this long after all the questioning with interviews by different LE, vigils, family questioning, etc., I'm thinking a possible sociopath personality.

I don't know about you guys, but I hope they try him as an adult .. There's a very scary vibe I get here and the fact that he killed so viciously so young gives me very little hope that he could be rehabilitated in any meaningful way. I know some kids commit vicious acts and are reformed with maturity, but there are others that act out young and it's only a sign of worse to come. That may well be the case here. I'm sorry if that sounds pessimistic .. It's just my impression in this case.

I don't know about you guys, but I hope they try him as an adult .. There's a very scary vibe I get here and the fact that he killed so viciously so young gives me very little hope that he could be rehabilitated in any meaningful way. I know some kids commit vicious acts and are reformed with maturity, but there are others that act out young and it's only a sign of worse to come. That may well be the case here. I'm sorry if that sounds pessimistic .. It's just my impression in this case.

I have just about the same thoughts ... he'll get out after a few years and do it again, I thought. :moo:

Others might be lenient,
but I believe that anyone (child or adult) who commited a murder crime should be serve lifetime jail sentence.
You are the killer who take away someone's life, then you should be behind bars for the rest of your life.
One life for one life. You take away someone 'rights' to live, then you should be in jail until the day you died.

Hey, jail in USA is not bad OK! I grow up in a Communist country before I came to USA, and I can guarantee you, jail in USA is like heaven. You are in jail but still be treated as human, still can watch TV, still can eat, still can play basketball ... etc..
Compared to jail in dictatorship country like North Korea, China, where you being treated even worser than an animal.

So I support put this 12 year olds boy in jail for the rest of his life, in there let his guilts and conscience eats him up everyday.

Also, you stay behind bars, so others can be safe. Some killers got light sentences, and after they get out, they still have the urge to kill again.

And this 12 year old boys need psychologist help. Definately he is not mentally normal, how can you stab your bio-sister 21 times, terrible.
I also heard that he (the 12 year olds brother) refused to go to his sister vigil, it is true?

So sad the story turns out to be this way, it turns out that all those 'jump ahead to conclusion' comments in CCN page when this news first come out were all right, 'the brother did it!'

I am worried that since the family of the victim is also the family of the killer that some kind of plea deal will be reached, and his age does allow for some legal leniency .. There's something about him .. He scares me. Who will continue to fight that he remain behind bars when the time comes .. I'm worried he'll be out by 25 and then what?

I looked at Crystal's FB profile from one of the links posted here. Is that her with a joint in her mouth in one of her older pictures?

I lived thru the Stephanie Crowe case as a local and it was horrible what that family went thru. I'll never jump to a conclusion again. Although the 12 yo brother's story in this case sounded a bit unlikely, I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt. I feel horrible for this family - what a nightmare.

It is my opinion that LE knew it was him from start. And I'll be willing the bet that at least BF had an inkling. I don't know what the max is that the murdering can get. But I sure hope that he never gets out of any place they desire to house him. This is why we didn't see a sketch of the perp, LE knew who they were after. They just had to wait for forensics.

So sad. I tried to believe the intruder story, but it didn't add up at all. Sexual Predators don't normally go into homes in the middle of the day to kidnap or assault. It would have had to be someone the family knew for him to know parents gone, Leila home,and where they lived. The brother obviously didn't know who he saw(or, lied about seeing). Burglars don't usually stab children to death either and one who did, probably wouldn't run from a 12 year old. Poor Leila, such a horrific crime.

Very sad, Poor child. I hate to say that from the minute I heard this story- I thought it was the brother ( even if he is only12) I pushed it out of my mind because I probably too often suspect the family ( unfairly or not)The miraculous recovery of AB, GD, and MK has made me rethink a few of my former positions with regard to a few missing kids. God bless Leila Fowler.

What sad news to wake up to, but you know what? I'm not sure what's worse, that is was the brother or that some psycho is going around stabbing little children in broad daylight.

I thought all along none of this made sense, but never would want to believe someone of that age could do something so violent. The sad thing is I have to believe this kid had issues before and maybe even planned this to a degree. I cannot fathom that this was over a video game or other disagreement. Kids fight and argue all the time but don't stab each other 21 times! Think of the scenario: If they argued over the TV or video game and argued, he would have likely had to get up, go in the kitchen and pick up and knife and then return to stab her. And on top of that, if this was a spontaneous crime, I don't think he would have been able to cover his tracks, even for 2 weeks. He had to have given this some thought and what better time than when the rest of the family is gone.

My guess is that we are going to learn more about the family dynamics and possible issues with this brother that they were dealing with. Was wrestling a means to allow him to get out his aggression?

Someone else asked about being tried as an adult. I'm not a lawyer, but I think in CA the perp must be at least 14 to be considered and even then that's a tough call. What worries me about this case is the story the neighbor told - it will also plant a little seed of a stranger doing this whether she recanted or not. Unless he confessed, which personally, I think that's exactly what happened. They got enough evidence on him, backed him in a corner and he confessed.

One last thing I'll comment on is the 'stepmother's' FB page. I really don't care what trouble, or acting, or problems is going on with this whole blended family, but posting that stuff on FB is not ok. If you're the 'mom' or want to be thought of as the mom and need to feel vindicated, do it among the people that care and not air your issues over FB. If you know in your heart you're the 'mom' and don't feel threatened by not being judged accordingly, there is no need to post things on a social media site, especially at a time when such tragedy has happened to the child. Not classy nor mature. I think we are also going to learn a lot of dirty laundry in the coming days and it's not going to be pretty.

RIP Leila.

I am angry that this happen. From the beginning I wanted to believe an intruder was in the house. But then I had questions, why just kill her, why did the brother not hear anything, the house is not that big. Then I just read about the knifes. Siblings fight, I fought with my sister, she won always of course but we never pulled out weapons and acted in a way of hurting each other physically. How shocking for the parents. And for the younger boy crying in the photos he just breaks my heart.

It was a matter of time, for me, But I knew from the moment I saw him that he did it. I guess LE knew too. I am sure they wanted to have all the evidence they could before making this arrest. I want to hear the call between LE & IF (the 12 yr old).

BBM There isn't one is there? He called his parents and they called LE according to http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-intruder-killed-calif-girl-article-1.1329594

I'd like to see a timeline of those calls; I would hate to think there's still more to come out.

Is anyone else thinking that bio mom's story of not allowed to attend funeral may be a lie? I'm not calling her a liar but perhaps LE had already told all THREE parents who they were suspecting. I mean they must have and just didn't have quite enough evidence to seal the deal and so bio mom did not go for that reason.......to not be around him in case of an outburst. They all decided it best if she not go and made up the ' not allowed' story so no one would ask questions? That gives LE a bit more time without a public brawl of some kind. Just thinking out loud.

Heartbreak for baby Leila...a little precious angel .

A couple of us :wave: were talking offline by PM, about our suspicions about the brother.

It seemed weird that he called his parents about an intruder being ion the house, instead of calling 911.
It seemed weird that he did not hear her being stabbed to death. I know he might have been wearing headphones while gaming, but if he heard an intruder, then he would have heard her being slaughtered, imo.
It was odd that the original versions said that he 'chased the intruder away.'

Why would a crazed killer who had just stabbed a child to death, ever run away from a 12 yr old unarmed boy?

But seeing his picture at the candle light vigil clinched it for me. I expected to see a grief stricken, broken young boy, and I didnt see that.

SOOOOOOOO HEARTBREAKING.

This case is so heartbreaking. I really didn't want this to be another Michael Crowe case...but it doesn't appear to be that way. It sounds like LE has been very thorough in their investigation and are on the right path. Also the extensive stabbing (21) is an up close and personal crime. Like Jodi Arias.

I also couldn't help but compare the intruder story to the Arias ninja story (version 2.0).

My thoughts go out to the family who not only have to deal with the loss of little Leila, but the thought of having a son who murdered her :(

MOO

Mel

BBM and link added for clarity

THAT's the 12-yr old? Woah...I've been confused. I thought he was identified in these threads as the one who was crying so much in the vigil photos, the one Dad had a 'steadying' hand on. Even the bio mom said he was taking it very hard. I thought the kid right behind Leila in the linked family photo above with the longish hair was the 12-yr old. I just couldn't imagine him savvy enough to make it this difficult for LE to figure out it was him (evidence-wise)...was pretty sure an adult had to have had a part in this crime. Somehow I don't feel relieved it was her brother. Sad all around...and what a horrendous Mother's Day for Priscilla. :(

The second to the last kid in that family photo has a blank expression in the family photo as well as at the vigil. He looks older than 12 to me. (Are y'all sure that's him?)

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/03/5392923/leila-fowler-search-for-girls.html

bbm

That's what I was saying earlier. I work with 12-yr-olds, and if he's 12, he's much more developed and much taller than others his age. He's taller than the older sister and almost as tall as the older brother. I'd say he looks about 14, but perhaps he went through an early growth spurt.

I would've thought the younger one with the longish hair looked 12.

If that really is him, then I guess he's just tall.

Is anyone else thinking that bio mom's story of not allowed to attend funeral may be a lie? I'm not calling her a liar but perhaps LE had already told all THREE parents who they were suspecting. I mean they must have and just didn't have quite enough evidence to seal the deal and so bio mom did not go for that reason.......to not be around him in case of an outburst. They all decided it best if she not go and made up the ' not allowed' story so no one would ask questions? That gives LE a bit more time without a public brawl of some kind. Just thinking out loud.

Heartbreak for baby Leila...a little precious angel .

I was just about to post about this same thing. No, I don't think Priscilla lied nor do I think there was any cooperation of any kind between the families. I say this in light of the FB comments.

But I have been wondering about why we never heard the 2nd part of the interview. It could be that either the family contacted the station and asked that they not air it (or demanded) OR LE may have tipped them off that something big was about to go down.

If one goes on the SACBEE website and look at the comments about the case, someone said something that never occurred to me. It should have, but never thought of it. Would put the whole thing into perspective, if that was in fact what was going on. Again - only someone's opinion and suggestion, not a rumor, not a fact.

55-62 seconds.

The are many unknowns and many questions unanswered. We are correct to be thoughtfully reserved in our judgment. Bless this family as they move forward.

I agree -- I'd like to know what evidence LE has in order for them to make the arrest. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it -- how does the 12 year old go to the vigil and appear to be mourning, if he in fact did it. It's a wait and see thing right now. IMHO.

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member