GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the family knew the brother did it and attempted to cover it up...why have him keep talking to the police? Why not get him a lawyer?

Did the parents actually give a press conference?? I have been searching for it. That quote is from the actual conference or from an article? I'm confused where it came from. Thank you:)

First it was postponed, then cancelled altogether.

IMO some people are really underestimating this 12 year old. He stabbed his little sister 21 times.

This boy isn't like yours. He's an anomaly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he is. But does that extend to his ability to clean up like a professional? I doubt it.

IMO the parents had no idea and are still in denial

Yes he is. But does that extend to its ability to clean like a professional? I doubt it.

Clean like a professional? Where are you getting that from? IMO that's quite the leap.

He was caught. IMO LE suspected it was him from the start.

Yes he is. But does that extend to his ability to clean up like a professional? I doubt it.

Who says he cleaned up like a professional? No one as far as I can tell.

Who says he cleaned up like a professional? No one as far as I can tell.

No I say that. Like professional in the sense you would get a cleaner in your house and when you come back it looks all clean. Which is what he allegedly did (LE saw nothing at first glance). And which I doubt he could do alone.

I was surprised to hear the family went right back to that home after LE had left. I think the reason for their return to that house was so they could be "alone" since they were currently living somewhere else, I presume with another family. I 100% expect them to move out of that house, and probably out of town too.

FWIW one of Crystal's FB friends did offer to help her "box things up." That led me to think they were planning to move.

BTW-It is a rental-do you think that something like this cause the landlord to evict them? Would he have the legal right to do so?

No I say that. Like professional in the sense you would get a cleaner in your house and when you come back it looks all clean. Which is what he allegedly did (LE saw nothing at first glance). And which I doubt he could do alone.

BBM I have not seen this information in any articles. Where are you getting this from? Just curious.

My point is, once you donate your money to a private citizen you cannot control how it is spent.
You CAN have some control if you donate to a funeral home, donate gas cards, or store cards, etc. :twocents:

To ask for donated money back because there is a chance it might be used for a purpose you didn't intend?
That's like asking for an outfit back because they are wearing it somewhere you don't approve. :twocents:
That seems wrong to me but I was always taught that when I give gifts, it is with no strings attached. :seeya:

Like I said, I'll keep that in mind the next time someone asks for donations to something. Unfortunately, it will probably keep me from giving altogether to any general fund.

I really don't see why it's difficult to think a 12 year old could clean up a knife, jump in the shower and hide his clothes. It's perfectly possible. This kid had it all planned IMO. Right down to the description of the man 'who ran away'.

Don't forget all the blood around the body wouldn't need to be cleaned away as this was a murder scene after all and he'd know not to clean all that up. JMO.

IMO some people are really underestimating this 12 year old. He stabbed his little sister 21 times.

This boy isn't like yours. He's an anomaly.

I'm not underestimating him. This child is clearly troubled and nothing like my own but there is a big difference between being disturbed enough to carry out such an evil act and being mature and wise enough to conceal that act, even briefly. Unless IF was naked (a possibility that gives me chills) then his clothes, exposed skin & hair should have been covered in blood splatter; if that had been the case then I believe he would have been taken into custody immediately. This child got by with this deed for a period of time, even if he was suspected from day 1. I do not believe that he pulled that off alone.

BBM I have not seen this information in any articles. Where are you getting this from? Just curious.

I haven't seen anything like that either. LE never said they came in and everythign looked clean. How would it even make sense? Intruder wouldn't be cleaning the house.

Sorry should have written "moo".

My reasoning is: if there had been visible blood on him or in other places like for example the bathroom LE would have taken him in immediately rather than leaving a murderer out in the community and in the house with the family with 4 other children at risk. Hence I think they did not see anything incriminating on him at first.

This 12 yr.old boy reminds me of the boy in the movie The good son with Macaulty playing the part of a disturbed 12 yr.old. He murdered his baby brother by drowning him in the bathtub. He was clearly a sociopath and it took quite some time for the parents to realize this. It was a really good movie that was made in the 90's I think.

I don't know that this child cleaned up at all. He could have said the blood on him was from trying to "save" Leila, giving her mouth to mouth or something. That may have been one of LE's first clues that he was the perp - where the blood was on him and his clothes, and how it didn't fit a pattern of giving mouth to mouth, or whatever he may have said was the reason for the blood on him/his clothes.

I do think he hid the murder weapon, because LE was looking everywhere including ponds for something, and I'm assuming it was the murder weapon they were looking for.

:cow:

For what it's worth, I am glad there is a person in custody, but I really wish it wasn't revealed that it was her brother. The family has enough to go through with Leila's death, never mind the son /brother being accused of the crime. It doesn't help anybody that LE announced WHO it was.

I have to disagree sorry, as a society we need to make sure the justice system is above board and transparent no matter how uncomfortable it may be.

My reasoning is: if there had been visible blood on him or in other places like for example the bathroom LE would have taken him in immediately rather than leaving a murderer out in the community and in the house with the family with 4 other children at risk. Hence I think they did not see anything incriminating on him at first.

I'm thinking that there may have been blood on the brother but he explained that it got on him in his efforts to help her? I believe I read that when the paramedics showed up the father was cradling Leila so he would probably have blood all over him too. moo

The fact that IF was caught at school with a pocket knife and hadreportedly been suspended before tells me that he is either really bad at hiding stuff or he likes to talk/brag.

He could have always said he tried to help her. It was reported that father had blood on him from holding her. LE did't arrest the father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08