GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows what was going on in that house, to say there was a ton...assumes a tad too much. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't know everything that was occurring but we know some things. We know there was a custody battle happening. We know that according to Priscilla Rodriguez, after her own daughter's death, the first time the bio mom saw her son was at the memorial for her daughter, at which she hugged her son. We know she also states she was pushed out of the meorial. We also know that the step-mother's concentration on FB after Leila was murdered and right after IF was arrested, was the bio-mom and bashing her, rather than expressions of grief, shock, disbelief. We know that a 12 year old stabbed his precious, 8 year old sister do death when alone with her in the home.

I think the little we do know allows us to assume a ton was going on in that household.

Anyone remember in the beginning of the case...there was something about how there had been past 911 calls from the Fowler home to LE? Does this ring a bell? Was this just a rumor or is there some MSM article about it?

I'm so glad you said that!! I remember that too and have been scouring the internet and these boards trying to find it!!
:scared:

We don't know everything that was occurring but we know some things. We know there was a custody battle happening. We know that according to Priscilla Rodriguez, after her own daughter's death, the first time the bio mom saw her son was at the memorial for her daughter, at which she hugged her son. We know she also states she was pushed out of the meorial. We also know that the step-mother's concentration on FB after Leila was murdered and right after IF was arrested, was the bio-mom and bashing her, rather than expressions of grief, shock, disbelief. We know that a 12 year old stabbed his precious, 8 year old sister do death when alone with her in the home.

I think the little we do know allows us to assume a ton was going on in that household.

That contributed to the 12 year old stabbing his sister to death?

A blended family and custody issues don't lead lead up to murder. IMO

They can contribute to a 12 year old exploding though.

I having been looking with no luck for two links: 1 regarding the firewood in the garage & the other regarding the witness was jogging. I can't remember where I read it. Any help would be appreciated.

Unless the kid was born with some innate qualities that would cause him to murder his little sister 12 years later, it would seem to me that something happened/was happening in his life. The whole nature v. nurture debate. I can speculate from what I know about the family: The father somehow managed to get custody of his children. It didn't sound to me like Priscilla even had visitation. The father's girlfriend told the media that she's the mother, and was even listed before the bio mother in the obituary. The biological mother claims she was banned from the funeral. The father's girlfriend accused the biological mother on FB of basically being an actress during her interview. And this is the just the stuff that's been released to the media/publicly....

We do not know that the cops haven't done that.

The Fowler's cancelled their press conference.
Crystal took down her facebook as well.
Lots of people think that is because the cops sat them down and gave them some proof. :twocents:

Thank you. This was my point exactly.

No, not on their own. And it's not the blended family that bothers me. It's the vitriolic nature of the custody issues. A boatload of anger in that home. And remember, I said "may have" contributed to the murder.

You know, in my family law practice, I have seen a few children literally driven mad - into the mental hospital - as a result of the battling and alienation on the part of their parents. You have to see it to believe it I guess, but this kind of anger can cause irreparable harm to kids. These kids are filled with such pressure and conflicting emotions and confusion, it is horrible.

I think some people just believe that the only reason a kid would commit such a revolting murder is due to pure evil on his part and nothing else. That could be true in this case but at this age, there could be other contributing factors as well, IMO. I don't think we can so easily ignore what was happening in these kids' environment. And it's clear there was a lot happening.

Am I the only on who thinks no charges currently, means nothing? For all we know, there could be plea talks. I hope so, so the children don't have to deal with the process. If there is much evidence, they can be decided how many or what charges to file. This is not typical and they are dealing with a juvenile. I would not be surprised, if every single step is lengthy and different then what we would call the norm.

In fairness to Crystal-she had several posts on her FB that were very heartfelt expressing her appreciation to the community for their support. It seemed to me they were devasted after Leila's death and had no clue it was the brother. Also, it should be noted that there were TONS of friends on there vowing their undying support of the family before AND after the arrest. It seems like those that know the family hold them in high regard.

As for those who only know them peripherally, it seems like there is a lot more animosity building. But their core group of friends seems to be supporting them through thick and thin, so that should account for something.

The comments about Priscilla seemed to come out of left field and were an immediate reaction to seeing the news story on TV. From everything else I saw posted on her page, it seemed very unique and impulsive. What the supportive friends said about Priscilla was far worse than what Crystal said.

BBM-ETA: Crystal posted about Priscilla BEFORE the boy was arrested. She made one post AFTER the arrest which was toned down and respectfully asked for privacy.

No, not on their own. And it's not the blended family that bothers me. It's the vitriolic nature of the custody issues. A boatload of anger in that home. And remember, I said "may have" contributed to the murder.

You know, in my family law practice, I have seen a few children literally driven mad - into the mental hospital - as a result of the battling and alienation on the part of their parents. You have to see it to believe it I guess, but this kind of anger can cause irreparable harm to kids. These kids are filled with such pressure and conflicting emotions and confusion, it is horrible.

I think some people just believe that the only reason a kid would commit such a revolting murder is due to pure evil on his part and nothing else. That could be true in this case but at this age, there could be other contributing factors as well, IMO. I don't think we can so easily ignore what was happening in these kids' environment. And it's clear there was a lot happening.

I don't know the dynamic in this home.
I do know families that use the children like pawns and alienation runs deep.
And I know families are sometimes excellent at never trashing the other parent & keeping the kids out of the divorce drama.

Am I the only on who thinks no charges currently, means nothing? For all we know, there could be plea talks. I hope so, so the children don't have to deal with the process. If there is much evidence, they can be decided how many or what charges to file. This is not typical and they are dealing with a juvenile. I would not be surprised, if every single step is lengthy and different then what we would call the norm.

Yeah-I don't think it means anything. It is procedural. Not sure if juvies get the same exact due process as adults. It seems as though the juvie system has its own standards and procedures, i.e. no jury trial, etc... I wouldn't be surprised if they were under the same time regulations as that of an adult court.

Also, I don't think plea bargains can even take place until charges have been filed, typically, can they?

Since this boy is a juvenile will his records in regards to this crime be sealed?

If these are things that were occurring publicly then I don't want to even guess at what was going on behind closed doors. Mature, loving parents do not pull this crap. It's disgraceful and it says a lot about them. A lot. None of it good.

Yeah-I don't think it means anything. It is procedural. Not sure if juvies get the same exact due process as adults. It seems as though the juvie system has its own standards and procedures, i.e. no jury trial, etc... I wouldn't be surprised if they were under the same time regulations as that of an adult court.

Also, I don't think plea bargains can even take place until charges have been filed, typically, can they?

Let me preface with saying I'm not from California. I am not familiar with their laws.

I do have a sister with mental health issues. That led to issues with the law. In her experiences, there were always negotiations before charges. That could be between the suspect, police, lawyers, judges, CPS, etc. In addition, a mental health evaluation could be required before charges. That happened once with her, as well. Juvenile proceedings are very tight lipped and closed. It's possible steps have been taken, that we aren't even aware of. The public is not privy for many to most things that happen in juvenile cases. (Again, this is true for where I'm from.)

I having been looking with no luck for two links: 1 regarding the firewood in the garage & the other regarding the witness was jogging. I can't remember where I read it. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't find it either. I think we have to go farther back into the search. I did find this, though, in which they discuss removing several knives from the home. It really seems they knew then: http://www.chillicothegazette.com/VideoNetwork/2348783431001/Leila-Fowler-murder-Witness-discredited

Juveniles have the same speedy trial rights. They must be charged within 48 hours of the arrest, not counting non-court days, or released. By my accounting, he must be charged no later than Wednesday by 11:59 p.m., give or take, depending on when exactly he was arrested.

Now in this case, it has been reported that the prosecution's office delayed charging him until they can review extensive reports from LE, and decided whether he will be charged with murder. I smile a bit at that because I know that LE has been informing the prosecutor's office of developments all along. But, they may procedurally have wanted to review all official reports before official charges and since they typically aren't in the office working on weekends, they likely have been doing that since Monday.

I anticipate an arrest today.

If there isn't one, then they have big problems with probable cause and having a triable case. But I;m guessing that is not going to be the issue. We will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme