GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Leila's obituary, she has 3 siblings she's never met- presumably her mother, Priscilla's kids who live in another state. I think it's fair to deduce that if Leila never met Mom's kids, she probably hasn't spent any significant amount of time with Mom for AT LEAST the last 3 years. I don't like Crystal's FB shenanigans, but I can see how, for some, in the throws of grief and amidst accusations of having barred her from the funeral, calling mom out publicly would feel like a good place to release some anger.

Will see what I can do!!

;)...how many do you need??

Need You Now was her favorite song right? It's 3:50 or so.
That would be 35 or so pictures at about 7 seconds a picture, more would be better of course.
Baby pictures are fine, I generally use baby pictures on up.

I know it isn't the most APPROPRIATE song for a slideshow for an 8 year old. :giggle:

So I was hoping to find another Lady A song she liked... or another song altogether.
But if not it is really only "another shot of whiskey" and "I'm a little drunk" that would be problematic.
And if that was her favorite song... then that's okay. :seeya:

This is probably a good one to watch to see what I'm talking about.

Kyron:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_sit...kin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

That one used 67 pictures for a 4:50 song so each picture is 4-5 seconds.
I had plenty of pictures to work with (and need to update it!)

According to Leila's obituary, she has 3 siblings she's never met- presumably her mother, Priscilla's kids who live in another state. I think it's fair to deduce that if Leila never met Mom's kids, she probably hasn't spent any significant amount of time with Mom for AT LEAST the last 3 years. I don't like Crystal's FB shenanigans, but I can see how, for some, in the throws of grief and amidst accusations of having barred her from the funeral, calling mom out publicly would feel like a good place to release some anger.

I am going off your post but I am not directing this at you or anyone here.

I really wish that the facts regarding the custody of the kids would be made public. Not because I feel like we need to know or deserve to know but because all the speculation about it is only serving as a distraction and being used as a justification for the way PR has been treated.

Whatever the situation was, CW was still out of line. If PR lied about being barred from the funeral then BF needs to speak up and address that but being passive aggressive on FB and allowing her friends to be flat out aggressive was not the way to handle it.

She had a status about PR speaking to the media. It wasn't flattering and while she didn't name PR (though it was obvious), her friends did and their comments were even harsher. Shortly afterwards she posted the status asking for privacy after IF was arrested. Many media outlets, including the front page of CNN, carried her statement and links to her FB page were everywhere. It just really turned me against her because her page (now deleted) was completely public and there was her bashing of a grieving mother for all the world to see.

Once I saw her facebook I lost all respect for them. It was just plain wrong & very cruel.

I’m going to try a theory that could work for defense. See how many holes can be punched in it.

For this theory, I am assuming there was an intruder that no one else saw. I don’t have all the facts, so I may state something which is not true. This is just a theory.

IF and Leila are left home while everyone else goes to game. (or are gone somewhere else). IF goes to take a shower. Hears Leila screaming, throws on clothes and runs out of shower, slips and cuts himself on something, yelling, what’s wrong? Sees man running outside of house. (What if it was the guy watering the lawn?-just speculation…) Leila is now quiet (maybe already dead). Being 12, his immediate reaction is to call parents and get them home. Maybe calls parents but they don’t answer phone (we don’t know if this is the case or not). Gets older sister on phone, who relays info to CW who calls 911.

Assuming IF hangs up with older sister and 911 calls him back straight away, he may not have even seen Leila yet. 911 asks him how his sister is, and he says he doesn’t know. Walks into her room and finds her a bloody mess, tells 911 she is hurt, leaves his own bloody fingerprints around, trying to see if she is OK.

A second theory has IF cutting himself on something or getting bopped in the nose in his sister’s room while they were horsing around, prompting him to go take a shower and clean up, then everything happens as above.

Why would this not be possible? And I am not talking about watering man not seeing someone running away. He could have been off on the time. I am talking logistically speaking, why would this not be possible?

Just seeing if there is a logical way this could have happened and it was not IF.

I am going off your post but I am not directing this at you or anyone here.

I really wish that the facts regarding the custody of the kids would be made public. Not because I feel like we need to know or deserve to know but because all the speculation about it is only serving as a distraction and being used as a justification for the way PR has been treated.

Whatever the situation was, CW was still out of line. If PR lied about being barred from the funeral then BF needs to speak up and address that but being passive aggressive on FB and allowing her friends to be flat out aggressive was not the way to handle it.
I'm not a fan of taking to FB in the throws of anger or grief (or alcohol for that matter), but we all have frinds who do with FAR less provocation than a child murdered and/or another accused of murder. I'd like to think I'd rise above it all, but I'll be honest- I cannot fathom what this family must be experiencing.

I'm not a fan of taking to FB in the throws of anger or grief (or alcohol for that matter), but we all have frinds who do with FAR less provocation than a child murdered and/or another accused of murder. I'd like to think I'd rise above it all, but I'll be honest- I cannot fathom what this family must be experiencing.

Did we ever hear the 2nd part of the interview with Priscilla? It mysteriously never happened. I am still wondering if either the Fowler's complained to the news station and asked them not to air it, or if perhaps LE called them and told them to pull it because they knew an arrest was in the works.

Dinsala-any idea about that situation or what happened at the funeral? I would imagine that Priscilla did finish that interview, but it never aired. It is just so strange.

To me it isn't even about "rising above it."
I can't even imagine CARING to begin with!

The child I considered my own was just stabbed 21 times.
Why would I CARE what this woman said to the media?
Obviously I don't think very highly of her and just think she is lying anyway.
Why do I care? I have bigger things to worry about!
My child is dead and I have other kids to think of, why do I care what she's saying to media?

I would be envisioning over and over what that child went through.
Was she scared? Did she cry for me or Daddy? Did she beg for her life?
Did she scream for help? Did she try to get away? Did she suffer for a long time?
Is this person going to come BACK to my house to silence the witness or kill another child of mine?

What some person that I thought was simply faking tears was doing would be completely irrelevant. :twocents:

Dinaslala, thank you for your insight. Now that you are verified, do you mind sharing your relationship to the parties involved and can you please explain the family dynamics? Who are the parents of all of the kids including the kids Leila never got to meet. TIA

Can someone clarify the ages of all the kids in the family?

Did we ever hear the 2nd part of the interview with Priscilla? It mysteriously never happened. I am still wondering if either the Fowler's complained to the news station and asked them not to air it, or if perhaps LE called them and told them to pull it because they knew an arrest was in the works.

Dinsala-any idea about that situation or what happened at the funeral? I would imagine that Priscilla did finish that interview, but it never aired. It is just so strange.

She did finish the interview..and she herself doesn't know why it didn't air..I haven't thought it was appropriate to ask her just yet.but I'd like to know too.

I’m going to try a theory that could work for defense. See how many holes can be punched in it.

For this theory, I am assuming there was an intruder that no one else saw. I don’t have all the facts, so I may state something which is not true. This is just a theory.

IF and Leila are left home while everyone else goes to game. (or are gone somewhere else). IF goes to take a shower. Hears Leila screaming, throws on clothes and runs out of shower, slips and cuts himself on something, yelling, what’s wrong? Sees man running outside of house. (What if it was the guy watering the lawn?-just speculation…) Leila is now quiet (maybe already dead). Being 12, his immediate reaction is to call parents and get them home. Maybe calls parents but they don’t answer phone (we don’t know if this is the case or not). Gets older sister on phone, who relays info to CW who calls 911.

Assuming IF hangs up with older sister and 911 calls him back straight away, he may not have even seen Leila yet. 911 asks him how his sister is, and he says he doesn’t know. Walks into her room and finds her a bloody mess, tells 911 she is hurt, leaves his own bloody fingerprints around, trying to see if she is OK.

A second theory has IF cutting himself on something or getting bopped in the nose in his sister’s room while they were horsing around, prompting him to go take a shower and clean up, then everything happens as above.

Why would this not be possible? And I am not talking about watering man not seeing someone running away. He could have been off on the time. I am talking logistically speaking, why would this not be possible?

Just seeing if there is a logical way this could have happened and it was not IF.

Problem 1..... Not the story suspect told 911. The defense has to deliver something believable. Suspect never- that we know of - mentioned being cut or bopped , etc. so the defense using this type story is thin.
Problem 2 ........If the suspect's bloody handprint was found in Leila's bedroom...which has been HINTED...the defense will have little wiggle room when presenting their case. Imoo
Edited to add, LE has evidence that lead them to the suspect.

I would just like to add; in all their grief (immediately after a child dies), somehow it was important that it was specifically pointed out by LE that they were told by the father & Crytal that they wanted Crystal to be known as the mother. :facepalm:

Priorities changed and it seems they or their lawyers want her to be the fiance now. Really??? :rolleyes:
Yes...and that would be a huge red flag when it comes to understanding family dynamics in any situation.

Although I agree that CF was way over the line when she trashed the mom on fb, I don't agree with the posts here that describe what exactly one would or should do when a child has been murdered. Everyone grieves differently, CF directed her grief and anger outwards, not nice but not wrong either. Understandable, imo.

Snipped-

I was giving this some thought, also. What we get from the 911 call is IF's side of what happened, but we get it second and third hand, with much confusion. There are some inconsistencies, but they may or may not be material. LE has information and evidence that the defense will need to see, before they can offer a working theory. Not that they will need to. They can just go down the list and refute the evidence point by point.

LE is convinced enough to arrest and charge IF, but it is possible that he didn't do it.

But just because the Fowlers complain...why would the media care? I don't think the Fowlers have grounds to sue over it, which is the only reason I think the media would give into the request. Also, Priscilla spoke to CBS 13. CBS 13 is the same media outlet that has announced that "We are now using the picture and name of IF because he was charged" despite the parents asking that IF's name/picture not be used and the picture they are using is the one from Crystal's personal FB page. Maybe LE asked? Or the FBI? IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy