GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this info seems kind of 'fantastic' to be just coming out now. Wouldn't LE have given the public that description if they had it back at the start? ' BOLO; White SUV with blood soaked driver."

I hear consuming fake wolf hair can cause hallucinations;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AND things just keep getting more fantastic.

German Wolf is what is known as a Eurasian Wolf (subspecies of the grey wolf)

for images of this type of wolf https://www.google.com/search?q=ger...780,d.cGE&fp=8c880f31fbb94c6&biw=1028&bih=592

The animals in the photo in the linked article are IMO a German Shepard and a mixed breed (mutt)

Not sure what to think of his most recent report. I would have thought this would have been something to mention when he spoke to reporters (and LE?) last week when they broke his story about no barking.

Maybe he did, maybe they just didn'[t find it important enough to mention and went instead with the dog barking thing but I highly doubt it. I think this might be additional info Mr. Melon is sharing only now.

I have MOOs on what that probably means.

The dog that is shown looks more like a German Husky. http://www.google.com/search?q=Germ...photos%2Fkenharrell%2F4363756122%2F;1215;1260

It certainly isn't a wolf or a timberwolf. We have had three timberwolves and they look very much like a wolf instead of a german shepard.

The dog that is shown looks more like a German Husky. http://www.google.com/search?q=Germ...photos%2Fkenharrell%2F4363756122%2F;1215;1260

It certainly isn't a wolf or a timberwolf. We have had three timberwolves and they look very much like a wolf instead of a german shepard.

you may be right, I was going by the lack of wolf like ruffing round the neck and the classic GS appearance. Hadn't noted husky qualities but not disputing the possibility.

I agree on teh timber wolves :) Very distinctive appearance that is not shared by the dog belonging to Mr. Melon.

I also found it interesting that he is a "get out there into the mix" sort of fella. Said he went out with a weapon and started beating the bushes til LE made him return to his home (and get the heck out of their way).

Wonder what evidence may have been trampled or unknowingly destroyed by his efforts.

Has anyone seen this article? http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_f678ab20-befe-11e2-ad13-001a4bcf887a.html

They interviewed the wolf dog guy. I know he has been mentioned previously. I have never read him claiming this before.

Shortly after paramedics arrived, Melon said a man drove up in a white SUV with what looked like blood soaked into his shirt.

“A few minutes later a guy comes barreling down the road, jumps out, and hollers, ‘Did you see a Mexican come through here?’ Somebody just stabbed my daughter. His T-shirt was covered in something orange-colored. He was about 6-foot tall, stocky and short black hair.”

Melon initially thought this was Leila’s father, but after seeing a picture of Barney Fowler, he realized he didn’t think it was the same person.

“He (Barney) has a goatee. This guy didn’t have one. Who was this guy?”

Seems a bit nutty now...

WHOA. That is so odd! Who could that have been? Why did he claim it was his daughter that was stabbed? There couldn't have been many people who knew Leila had been stabbed at that point. Where did the car go after the occupant talked to Don?

If Mr, Melon did see or speak with a man who was not BF could it have been the older daughter's BF?

Some have puzzled about the older girl and BF and their involvement in the phone call from IF. Others have wondered about how so many family members would have gotten to the ballfield in one vehicle.

Maybe there wasn't one. Maybe there were two. Fowler family vehicle and BF vehicle?

Pure speculation.

MOO Mr. Melon is exaggerating and enjoying the attention. He did not see a blood covered man who was not BF claiming his daughter was stabbed. I am not even sure he saw anything. again MOO

It is hard sometimes for person not to add extra nonfactual details when recounting things with a camera in their face and the attention of the world upon them.

ETA Since this intere4sting gentleman has found his way back into the news here is a link to Mr. Melon's original account 4 or 5 days ago regarding what he did or did not see and what he did or did not hear.

http://www.kcra.com/news/leilas-nei...20071972/-/l17ewnz/-/index.html#ixzz2SqPpCCx1

Video of interview at link.

I live in India. Someone who has the means to buy a boat is considered very well off. Not filthy rich, but certainly very well off.

The boat in the driveway is an average bass boat popularized by Bass Pro about 40 years ago. On the used market, the boat is worth between 500.00 and 2000.00. Hogan reservoir is minutes away from Rippon Rd. There is a school of striped bass in Hogan. A one-thousand dollar boat could be viewed as a necessity for putting dinner on the table.

Has anyone seen this article? http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_f678ab20-befe-11e2-ad13-001a4bcf887a.html

They interviewed the wolf dog guy. I know he has been mentioned previously. I have never read him claiming this before.

Shortly after paramedics arrived, Melon said a man drove up in a white SUV with what looked like blood soaked into his shirt.

“A few minutes later a guy comes barreling down the road, jumps out, and hollers, ‘Did you see a Mexican come through here?’ Somebody just stabbed my daughter. His T-shirt was covered in something orange-colored. He was about 6-foot tall, stocky and short black hair.”

Melon initially thought this was Leila’s father, but after seeing a picture of Barney Fowler, he realized he didn’t think it was the same person.

“All of a sudden ambulance, paramedics, fire trucks show up, and I say ‘What the hell is going on over there?’”

Seems a bit nutty now...

The family car is a white SUV - according to media photos I've seen of it parked in their drive. This part of the account seems really odd--how is it that BF would arrive after LE and emergency vehicles with his shirt covered with blood?

If Mr, Melon did see or speak with a man who was not BF could it have been the older daughter's BF?

Some have puzzled about the older girl and BF and their involvement in teh phone call from IF. Others have wondered about how so many family members would have gotten to the ballfield in one vehicle.

Maybe there wasn't one. Maybe there were two. Fowler family vehicle and BF bvehicle?

Pure speculation.

MOO Mr. Melon is exaggerating and enjoying the attention. He did not see a blood covered man who was not BF claiming his daughter was stabbed. I am not even sure he saw anything. again MOO

It is hard sometimes for person not to add extra nonfactual details when recounting things with a camera in their face and the attention of the world upon them.

The older daughter is in 8th or 9th grade. So unless her boyfriend is much older than her, and looks much older (old enough to be mistaken for the father of an 8-year-old and 12-year-old) I doubt it was him.

Is everyone in this neighborhood a liar? We know the one neighbor who recanted her witness story. There was the neighbor who said Barney came to her driveway. I remember a few posts suggesting she wasn't telling the truth. And now Don might be lying too? I don't get it...

After reading thru the last few pages, I'm not sure what I can post or not - opinions, no opinions, could be, could not be, share experience, don't.

Going back into lurking mode until more info comes out.

arggg. Most cases we are foiled with too few witnesses.

This one has too many that all seem to conflict with one another.

What IS it about this crazy case?

Sorry not expecting anyone to really have a good answer - just frustrated as all get out.

After reading thru the last few pages, I'm not sure what I can post or not - opinions, no opinions, could be, could not be, share experience, don't.

It is a hard case to discuss here, with such a young innocent victim, and her 12 yr old brother, being accused of her murder. Hard to discuss it without stepping on toes.

In the article Mr. Melon identifies his two dogs as 1) a German Wolf, and 2) a German Husky (which sounds like a mix?). Neither is a German Shepherd.

If this makes any difference...which I think is unlikely. ;)

http://fox40.com/2013/05/14/leila-fowlers-family-hires-attorney-support-son-accused-of-murder/

When your attorney tells you not to talk to the press, it's probably a good idea to follow their advice.

When a 12 year old gets suspended from school for having a knife and then his sister is stabbed to death with a knife, how does a school district let him come back? What were they thinking? Did LE give them a heads up?

In my humble opinion!

:wave: Hello Abundance, thanks for joining the conversation. If I recall the info regarding suspension came from an unnamed source within the school and came the day after the school officials said they would not be releasing any info to press about I.F. and his school records.

I tend to take what unnamed sources from "inside" have to say with more than one grain of salt.

I believe the attorneys are allowing and even encouraging the Fowler family to talk to the press in regards to their supporting their son. I feel it is strategy and blessed by the attorneys for 12 yr old I.F.

Have you seen otherwise? TIA and keep posting :)

I don't really think even professional know if children can be psychopaths or can be diagnosed as such. I don't think we should label this kid as one.

If you are working from a theoretical basis, a psychopath can not be in full force until a stage of development goes awry. Psychopath is one of those words that people just throw about. Technically, depending on the background you work from, a psychopath is nurture, not nature. A stage of development has a bit of a hicup. I agree, labels are not helpful.

The older daughter is in 8th or 9th grade. So unless her boyfriend is much older than her, and looks much older (old enough to be mistaken for the father of an 8-year-old and 12-year-old) I doubt it was him.

Is everyone in this neighborhood a liar? We know the one neighbor who recanted her witness story. There was the neighbor who said Barney came to her driveway. I remember a few posts suggesting she wasn't telling the truth. And now Don might be lying too? I don't get it...

The description of a man with short black hair sounds like the older girl's bf, he was at the vigils and probably the one on the phone CW was talking about. He is big. The neighbor could have misunderstood I'm sure he was freaked out and desperate.

Seems a bit nutty now...

This doesn't make sense to me at all.

First, going out to hunt for the guy while your daughter is dying and getting ready/being transported to the hospital and your son has gone through the trauma of finding her (even if he isn't innocent, he had to have been at least acting upset) seems odd to me.

I know stepmom and stepsister were there, but still. I have to believe your first instinct would be to be with your family and spend your daughter's last moments with her.

But let's assume you do decide it's more important to go try to find the guy...

Are you going to jump out of your truck to ask if the neighbor's seen anyone? Seems like it would be a lot faster to just shout the question from your truck window so you can keep driving and looking if he says no.

And even if it did happen, it seems silly to question whether that was the dad or not. What--the murderer was going to drive around drawing attention to himself by impersonating the dad and doing that?!

Plus, it's amazing what we don't notice when our mind is focused on something else (like the implied blood all over his shirt).

Oh come on. You need to thicken your skin. I can tell you that vegetable gardens in Rancho Calaveras are doing well. Lettuce and garlic are on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member