GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I feel like many people would not want to live in that house, I think there would be some people who be interested especially if they could get a good deal on it. I figure the owner will have to lower the rent amount. I guess the owner should wait and see what happens, if they get any prospective renters, before they tear it down.

One example, Travis Alexander's home has been sold and a new family is living in it.

He's staying in a single cell, so he doesn't hurt or kill any of the other boys. Tough boys in detention centers, but they're not all violent. I think the lawyer's still walking on eggshells with the family, since they're the ones who got him onboard. I imagine if he can be let go at any time, he'll be careful what he says in defending IF, like not laying blame on homelife, etc.

I do not think he will be allowed to be released before he is sentenced by the judge. I do wonder if the autopsy report will ever be released.

good questions eileen. here's what i took from the article:

1) about to move = were being evicted. if you have plans to move 6 kids, you'd have a place set up in which to move...kwim? they obviously don't. "unsettled" means they're couch-hopping. whether or not a horrible crime occured in your old home, the new home would be where you landed regardless, at the very least, until the trial was over and you moved far away or stayed in town. IMO there isn't a new home. JMO.

2) lawyers didn't ask for a "less-restrictive form of detention that would allow him more contact with his family". hm. they could've at least asked. does this tell us they don't want him to have more contact with his family? i don't know the answer.

3) yesterday they said his detention was acceptable. today it's not. huh? either these lawyers aren't playing with a full deck or...they're in the world poker tournament, playing their cards very, very well...JMO.

"IF is confined in a single cell in a juvenile facility, goes to the jail’s school and works out at the jail, the attorney said.
"We talk to him often, and he's doing pretty well actually," Reichel said. "It's not ideal, but it's acceptable for now."

http://www.ibtimes.com/12-year-old-...r-isaiah-says-he-didnt-murder-sister-1284483#

I don't think they are getting evicted. They made $70k in donations, so for them to not be able to pay their rent, seems unlikely to me. Unless all that money went to the lawyers. I think they just don't want to live in that house anymore. I thought it was said they were staying with relatives in another city? Taking on a big family with lots of kids...in addition to your own...is a huge undertaking for anyone. But how can you say no to people who had their daughter murdered? Anyway, If it was just a one-year lease, and we know they were living somewhere else last summer, it's possible it was supposed to run out right around this time. So I don't think it's that unlikely that they were looking for another home before the murder happened. But it wouldn't surprise me if the lawyers are just saying that for whatever reason.

I don't think they are getting evicted. They made $70k in donations, so for them to not be able to pay their rent, seems unlikely to me. Unless all that money went to the lawyers. I think they just don't want to live in that house anymore. I thought it was said they were staying with relatives in another city? Taking on a big family with lots of kids...in addition to your own...is a huge undertaking for anyone. But how can you say no to people who had their daughter murdered? Anyway, If it was just a one-year lease, and we know they were living somewhere else last summer, it's possible it was supposed to run out right around this time. So I don't think it's that unlikely that they were looking for another home before the murder happened. But it wouldn't surprise me if the lawyers are just saying that for whatever reason.

you could be absolutely right about the lease...and i personally can't find an unlawful detainer report. it's just my opinion that they got kicked out...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/30/us-usa-california-childstabbed-idUSBRE94T01U20130530

"The defense had planned to ask the judge to release IF to his family, but Reichel said that they have left their home and have no place to care for him."

and one would think, as you stated, that 70k would pay a bit of rent. yet they have no home.

so if they're at a relatives', and if they as well as the attorney's TRULY believe in his innocence, one would think they would fight like heck to get him released to his family until july...even if they knew the judge would deny it...right?...IMO...

On Crime Library's website, they have a photo gallery of dozens of homes where famous murders have occurred. I'm too lazy to look them all up, but I would have to think there are ordinary families living in probably the majority of them.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/murder-houses.html

People have lived in the Amityville house after the murders and the horror/ghost stories. Personally this ghost photo from the house during the famous séance always freaked me out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ami...ile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8#biv=i|4;d|5agS4X2nnk0VoM:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

People have lived in the Amityville house after the murders and the horror/ghost stories. Personally this ghost photo from the house during the famous séance always freaked me out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ami...ile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8#biv=i|4;d|5agS4X2nnk0VoM:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I would think people would stay away from that house based on all the looky-loos who would come by. I feel like that would be a bigger concern for people over whether it's haunted or not.

I agree. But the supernatural element in my opinion probably draws more people than the murders today.

I don't think they are getting evicted. They made $70k in donations, so for them to not be able to pay their rent, seems unlikely to me. Unless all that money went to the lawyers. <respectfully snipped>

I kind of wonder if the lawyers are working pro-bono for the parents or if they told them their services will cost $70k (the amount of money they apparently got from donations)?

I believe the lawyers are working pro bono. The investigator apparently is--and I doubt he would agree to that if the lawyers were being paid handsomely. (Can't link, but read the John Kennedy Investigations Wordpress blog, comments under first post..."Interesting New Case.")

I believe the lawyers are working pro bono. The investigator apparently is--and I doubt he would agree to that if the lawyers were being paid handsomely. (Can't link, but read the John Kennedy Investigations Wordpress blog, comments under first post..."Interesting New Case.")

That does make sense. Makes me wonder if the lawyers are hoping to get paid to talk about the case on a 48 Hours-esque program, or maybe to even write a book about it. Or even to become some sort of commentator on TV about juveniles who commit crimes. I just feel like the lawyers have to be expecting something more out of the case other than publicity for when the proceedings are going on.

***FYI****Just saw a teaser on HLN that the Leila case will be discussed today on Raising America with Kyra Phillips. It's coming up here in about 10 minutes on the West Coast.

The superlawyer is supposedly going to speak.

amemadah.jpg

https://twitter.com/kyrahln/status/340487472762998784

***FYI****Just saw a teaser on HLN that the Leila case will be discussed today on Raising America with Kyra Phillips. It's coming up here in about 10 minutes on the West Coast.

The superlawyer is supposedly going to speak.

Thanks for the "heads up" Kaliste! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member