Found Deceased CA - Lisa Harvey, 51, Tulare, 29 April 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If your mapping application is not updated, it shows old or no road access points, which can also get you lost.

I am so confused. There is something very wrong here. Are you expecting me to believe that an adult woman thought she was in Tulare when in fact she was in Palmdale? I simply find that impossible to believe.

Any area near the 2 bodies of water where she could have accidently driven off and be submerged? Bridge, embankment, overpass. Sometimes accidents defy logic and physics. Prayers for Lisa Harvey & family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I am so confused. There is something very wrong here. Are you expecting me to believe that an adult woman thought she was in Tulare when in fact she was in Palmdale? I simply find that impossible to believe.

Well, if someone is in an altered state, for whatever reason, anything goes!

Any area near the 2 bodies of water where she could have accidently driven off and be submerged? Bridge, embankment, overpass. Sometimes accidents defy logic and physics. Prayers for Lisa Harvey & family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I was thinking, that she might have driven into water (IMO) accidently. Also, in one of the first news articles on page 1, I believe, the niece texted her and asked her where she went. Reading into that (again, IMO) it sounds like not only did she have poor night vision, she may have been upset about something.
Respectively, How come the family hasn't joined WS, verified or not?

That's exactly what I was thinking, that she might have driven into water (IMO) accidently. Also, in one of the first news articles on page 1, I believe, the niece texted her and asked her where she went. Reading into that (again, IMO) it sounds like not only did she have poor night vision, she may have been upset about something.
Respectively, How come the family hasn't joined WS, verified or not?

I know one of them signed up and was having problems getting logged in. The mods gave me the information to pass on for her to get help and I did so. But.... I do know right now it is still complete chaos for them so it doesn't surprise me that they may not have time to get on and read messages and post. They were not familiar at all with WS and I let them know that there were some wonderful people here that may be able to provide guidance. But, right now their focus is on trying to get her complete cell phone records. And in all honesty, all the questions that have been asked here have actually been answered on their Facebook pages. I know the challenge is that not everyone on here has Facebook :/. So I have directed them on how to sign up and become verified and I am hoping someone will eventually be able to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused about the phone records. If police DO have them, what would be the cause to withhold them? Some California law?

I'm confused about the phone records. If police DO have them, what would be the cause to withhold them? Some California law?

It started in one jurisdiction then transferred to the other. As of yesterday they were saying they were getting the "it's not mine, it's theirs, call them, not me" from both Sheriffs offices. They posted fliers to both Sheriffs FB pages asking someone to please do something. The last I read was they were talking about going and just sitting there all day until someone does something but it's a two hour drive so challenging.

Are you kidding me? WOW! What are the two Sheriff's offices?

Are you kidding me? WOW! What are the two Sheriff's offices?

I went back and read (so I would get it right) and the FB post says Kern County Sherrif's Office has the warrant and say they sent it to Palmdale Sheriff's and when they call Palmdale, they say it's with Kern.

What is frustrating to me is I get there are probably people who leave on a voluntary basis all the time. But this family has searched and searched on their own. Cars, drones, found an airplane to fly. They have done everything they can and now they are stuck without additional information her phone records could provide. They searched based on the last ping at 11:50 and found nothing. They aren't asking the Sheriff's office to do anything other than to let them know where to search from there.

I really feel like she was in an accident and just hasn't been found :( Mainly because she was driving so late at night and her car hasn't been spotted. And her not being seen at the gas station worries me too.

I have not once seen anyone yet address the idea that she ignored the attendant (if that actually occurred) and went south from her Palmdale location. If she truly thought she was in Tulare, and recognized that the guy was saying Lake Elizabeth, she may have completely blown him off and headed south.

Isn't there CCTV on the streets? Were cars traveling at that time of night down Lake Elizabeth road? What about the road that the gas station is on?

I think she had an accident too, and that she tried to phone for help but it went to voicemail, and she couldn't speak - which is bad! :( Do we at least know where that voicemail ping location is?

I have not once seen anyone yet address the idea that she ignored the attendant (if that actually occurred) and went south from her Palmdale location. If she truly thought she was in Tulare, and recognized that the guy was saying Lake Elizabeth, she may have completely blown him off and headed south.

Isn't there CCTV on the streets? Were cars traveling at that time of night down Lake Elizabeth road? What about the road that the gas station is on?

I think she had an accident too, and that she tried to phone for help but it went to voicemail, and she couldn't speak which is bad! :( Do we at least know where that voicemail ping location is?

(SBM)

Post #69 from Jersey Girl - (SBM)

still missing: http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/201...man/101432752/
A clerk at an ARCO gas station in Palmdale told investigators that Harvey had asked for directions, and he misunderstood her destination and mistakenly told her how to get to Lake Elizabeth.
Investigators later looked at surveillance video from the gas station, but they were unable to find any sign that Harvey had been at the station.

I personally think she was NOT at that gas station.........the only thing they can go by is the 11:50 ping.

The 12:30 VM was a FB Message Call. Again, my thoughts, not anything I've been told, I'm sure her cell phone would have still pinged on a tower, despite it being a FB message call vs a cell phone call but........that's what the Sheriff's won't release. I don't ever use FB calling so I messed with mine and I don't see any way it was a "butt dial". I had to open messenger THEN push the call button, which is right next to the facetime type button. Even if her phone wasn't locked, I cannot see how it would accidentally push the call. And the family did tell me she used FB calling often so it's not uncommon she would have used that to call. It makes me think the call was intentional :(

Why would that gas station guy lie about speaking with her?

I agree, and also feel the Messenger voicemail call was intentional.

I have no idea why either sheriff department won't release the records. Seems like the county entity would have jurisdiction, especially knowing she came from Fillmore and we have no proof she was really IN Palmdale or if her phone just pinged off a tower. Why does that matter? This lady could die if we don't find her. Why don't they care about that factor?

I have no idea why either sheriff department won't release the records. Seems like the county entity would have jurisdiction, especially knowing she came from Fillmore and we have no proof she was really IN Palmdale or if her phone just pinged off a tower. Why does that matter? This lady could die if we don't find her. Why don't they care about that factor?

I'm thinking maybe the guy THOUGHT it was her but it was just another lady who looked like her. My question to that though is........was there ANOTHER lady on video he was talking to?? If so, that clears up it was a mistake. But I haven't seen anything other than what the article stated that SHE wasn't seen on camera.

I cannot imagine the family's frustration. To have done everything you possibly can and then be stuck.

I found WS a few years ago because of a case where there were two young boys (18-ish) who went to a rock concert and drove home that night. They never made it. People searched, public search, searches EVERYWHERE and not one trace of them. It had been raining heavily that evening when they were driving home. It ended up they took a wrong turn and drove into the lake, they thought the boat ramp was a road and just drove right in. I'm not sure why they couldn't make it out of the car but because of the heavy rains, the lake was flooded and they didn't find them until weeks later when the lake level dropped. Because Lisa was trying to find a lake, I just worry this is one of the things that could have happened to her. There hasn't been any further activity on bank accounts, her phone is dead, no social media, nothing. Why hasn't her car been seen????

I went back and read (so I would get it right) and the FB post says Kern County Sherrif's Office has the warrant and say they sent it to Palmdale Sheriff's and when they call Palmdale, they say it's with Kern.

What is frustrating to me is I get there are probably people who leave on a voluntary basis all the time. But this family has searched and searched on their own. Cars, drones, found an airplane to fly. They have done everything they can and now they are stuck without additional information her phone records could provide. They searched based on the last ping at 11:50 and found nothing. They aren't asking the Sheriff's office to do anything other than to let them know where to search from there.

I really feel like she was in an accident and just hasn't been found :( Mainly because she was driving so late at night and her car hasn't been spotted. And her not being seen at the gas station worries me too.

Tulare has its own county

I'm thinking maybe the guy THOUGHT it was her but it was just another lady who looked like her. My question to that though is........was there ANOTHER lady on video he was talking to?? If so, that clears up it was a mistake. But I haven't seen anything other than what the article stated that SHE wasn't seen on camera.

I cannot imagine the family's frustration. To have done everything you possibly can and then be stuck.

I found WS a few years ago because of a case where there were two young boys (18-ish) who went to a rock concert and drove home that night. They never made it. People searched, public search, searches EVERYWHERE and not one trace of them. It had been raining heavily that evening when they were driving home. It ended up they took a wrong turn and drove into the lake, they thought the boat ramp was a road and just drove right in. I'm not sure why they couldn't make it out of the car but because of the heavy rains, the lake was flooded and they didn't find them until weeks later when the lake level dropped. Because Lisa was trying to find a lake, I just worry this is one of the things that could have happened to her. There hasn't been any further activity on bank accounts, her phone is dead, no social media, nothing. Why hasn't her car been seen????
Best friends Cody & Ben. Oh yes, I remember very well. Absolutely heartbreaking. :(

While I think entering water and being submerged could be a factor since water tables are high, I haven't viewed Goggle Earth to see if any of the lakes from the area have access the way the Oklahoma lake did that Cody & Ben tragically ended up in. I feel that the curves and cliffs play more of a factor in Lisa's case, as does the desert itself. Without being able to follow a ping pattern or camera surveillance spottings, there's no way to know which way she went to begin searching. Deep in my gut, I feel that she went south out of Palmdale.

Can you remind me what time the voicemail message was sent? Maybe if we guesstimate how far she could have gotten in ANY direction based on that window of time, we can form a radius and search more intricately. Just a thought.

Best friends Cody & Ben. Oh yes, I remember very well. Absolutely heartbreaking. :(

While I think entering water and being submerged could be a factor since water tables are high, I haven't viewed Goggle Earth to see if any of the lakes from the area have access the way the Oklahoma lake did that Cody & Ben tragically ended up in. I feel that the curves and cliffs play more of a factor in Lisa's case, as does the desert itself. Without being able to follow a ping pattern or camera surveillance spottings, there's no way to know which way she went to begin searching. Deep in my gut, I feel that she went south out of Palmdale.

Can you remind me what time the voicemail message was sent? Maybe if we guesstimate how far she could have gotten in ANY direction based on that window of time, we can form a radius and search more intricately. Just a thought.

I also agree flooding played a roll in Cody & Ben also :(

I found my post on the "butt dial" - Post #29

The family did ask me to pass this on:

The butt dial
Isn't as easily traceable because that was "call" using FB messenger. She used messenger to communicate with her cousin that like at the lake. That info doesn't show up with the regular cell info from her carrier.

Me: The last for sure ping was 11:50pm and I think I remember reading butt dial was 12:30AM. So that's quite a bit of time in between the last KNOWN/VERIFIED ping and her "butt dial"

All kinds of county jurisdictions here really...She left Fillmore in Ventura County and thought she was in Tulare, Tulare County and pinged in Palmdale, Los Angeles County and Kern County has the records?

So, my daughter uses fb messenger all the time, so I was asking her about the whole "butt dial " thing.
She reminded me that you can sync your phone to fb messenger so that your calls go out through messenger.. so if her friend was a recent call, she definitely could have butt dialed her! My husband does it accidentally all the time because he doesn't have a lock on his phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss
Back