CA CA - Los Angeles Co., WhtFem 588UFCA, 16-28, in burned trailer, Jun'83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That area is the location of the Sherman Oaks Galleria (used in the filming of Fast Times at Ridgemont High). But Sepulveda Boulevard at 4AM in the morning is pretty sparse, populated mostly by homeless and ladies of the evening. Poor girl. There are a couple of seedy motels just a couple of blocks north of there. At least that's the landscape now. I can't imagine it was much better then.

Right on that corner in "Fox" building is a Denny's, diagonal to galleria. There is a small motel other side of galleria going north on Sepulveda.

My office was very close to that intersection.

I had forgotten that they don't have voice mail, so this might take some in depth work to track down the detective again, just because I don't post doesn't mean I'm not trying. I'm just not getting anywhere yet.

Hmmmm. Namus says 16-28 with a dental age of 18-28.
Also says her hair was blond and light reddish, when before I had always heard blond.
I would have figured on her having delicate facial features, but that's because of the rest of her size and it's nice to have it in print.

That widens the number of potentials a bit.

So I'm guessing this melvin smith is now out of jail..

This has got to be one of the worst cases I have seen on Websleuths. I know Rebecca Dunn looks good but wasn't the doe supposed to be short? five eight is not short, and 150 lbs is not noticeably thin. In fact, at one inch taller when I was 150 I was described as fairly curvy.

Came back hoping to find there was a breakthrough with this case, sadly nothing new

No photo of the jewellery on Namus but this was on Wiki.
LA_1983_Jane_Doe_necklace.jpg

There seems to be almost no information on this case.
I know. It seems like cold cases often "slip through the cracks" over time. Evidence gets lost. No new leads come in. My heart breaks for this girl. Has anyone within the past few years reached out to the detective on this case? Looks like the last time anyone (just going from this thread) spoke to him was in 2009. Is it time to follow up again?

I am currently super focused on another Jane Doe case. Does @not_my_kids want to reach out to LE again? It's been so long it may even be another detective now.

EDIT: Looks like @not_my_kids hasn't been seen since 2013. Anybody else want to contact the detective?
I would but I think this pandemic is probably a bad time for them right now.

I would but I think this pandemic is probably a bad time for them right now.
True. I've been trying to hold back a bit myself with all of the stuff that has been going on in the US lately. I'm sure they're probably very busy. I hope this case gets solved one day and that this young lady gets her name back.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back