CA CA - Los Angeles, WhtMale 30-45, UP3713, cyanide suicide in hotel room, Oct'93

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I emailed the LA Coroner's office and asked if they could release some more information, and I basically got a serious "no". They didn't say hello or anything, just this.

"None of the information you are requesting is available to be released to the public."

All they said. Kinda rude TBH

So I emailed the LA Coroner's office and asked if they could release some more information, and I basically got a serious "no". They didn't say hello or anything, just this.

"None of the information you are requesting is available to be released to the public."

All they said. Kinda rude TBH
Can you tell us what specific information you asked for?

The circumstances regarding the case. While I understand why they would keep that withheld, I also asked about how the name 'Randolph Houser' was linked to the 1968 Los Angeles John Doe murdered by police. I also asked about Joseph Decker and if they had any suspects in his death.

Hi! I’m new to Websleuths and a long time lurker of this board. This case has always fascinated me. I had a little free time this evening and decided to try to work on separating the two last names on the signature. Magnifying the signature and also using an Apple pen, I tried to remove the “Deering” name from the one that was written first. I ended up with a name that looks like Walberg or Walburg? Maybe Waltz? Maybe it is another fake name too though but who knows, maybe not? I am still working with the first name. Thank you for reading. I’m happy to be here and to hear any feedback :)

Attachments

• F85D422D-57D2-49B7-9AFB-EFF31DC425D6.jpeg
    F85D422D-57D2-49B7-9AFB-EFF31DC425D6.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 106
rbbm
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.573.7488&rep=rep1&type=pdf
''Although ingestion of cyanide is a quick and efficient method of suicide, it is rarely used in the United States (1–4). People who use cyanide to commit suicide often have ready access to the poison through their occupations. These occupations include chemists, jewelers, and others involved in pest control, mineral re-fining, photography, electroplating, dyeing, printing, and salmon poaching (3,5–8).Were viewed all suicides by cyanide over a ten-year period in New York City that were investigated by the Office of Chief Medi-cal Examiner (OCME). The autopsy and toxicologic findings, circumstances, nationalities, and occupations of the decedents were examined. This study confirms the occupational associations with cyanide poisoning and reveals various nationality associations of the decedents.''

The ages of the decedents were between 25 and 85 years (average of 46 years) and 14 of the 17 were men. Eight decedents were from the West Indies/Caribbean
Islands or South America, including three from Guyana. Five of the decedents were born in the United States and one in India. There were no multi-fatality suicides or homicide-suicides.The majority (14 of 17) had a known history of depression. A suicide note was found with 7 of 17 deaths and an additional four people verbally expressed a suicidal intent. The majority of ingestions occurred at home.''

Hi! I’m new to Websleuths and a long time lurker of this board. This case has always fascinated me. I had a little free time this evening and decided to try to work on separating the two last names on the signature. Magnifying the signature and also using an Apple pen, I tried to remove the “Deering” name from the one that was written first. I ended up with a name that looks like Walberg or Walburg? Maybe Waltz? Maybe it is another fake name too though but who knows, maybe not? I am still working with the first name. Thank you for reading. I’m happy to be here and to hear any feedback :)
This is excellent! Thank you for taking the time to do it! I think you should be the one to send it on to the appropriate authorities, since you did the work

This is excellent! Thank you for taking the time to do it! I think you should be the one to send it on to the appropriate authorities, since you did the work
I certainly can, but if there is someone here that already has established a relationship with any of the investigators then it might be more likely to be seen if they send it. With my luck, it might end up in the junk mail folder. Grungster if you don’t send it to the authorities for some reason, please let me know and I will pass it along. Thanks everyone!

I certainly can, but if there is someone here that already has established a relationship with any of the investigators then it might be more likely to be seen if they send it. With my luck, it might end up in the junk mail folder. Grungster if you don’t send it to the authorities for some reason, please let me know and I will pass it along. Thanks everyone!
Welcome to Ws Tired Professor, hope these threads reinvigorate you!

I have spent hours working on the first name and I am truly baffled as to what it could be :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back