CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
More background. One of these articles says he was ordered to register as a misdemeanor sex offender in Colorado for 10 years, starting in 2012. So is that registration going to expire this year? FYI, his mug shot has now (recently) been posted on the California Megan's Law web site.
California Megans Law

Outfitter in jail in sex assault
Durango outfitter gets 4 months in jail
La Plata County outfitter returns to court
License-less outfitter gets suspended sentence
Outfitter pleads guilty to license violation
Local man sentenced in sexual-contact case
Outfitter guilty of two sex counts
Sex-contact case almost ends in mistrial
Snowmobile guide defends himself in sexual contact case

KH full statement he read in court:
Local man sentenced in sexual-contact case

"And to those who have participated, either willing or by duty, there will be a day of reckoning when all things are made right."
Thanks for the links and info, tvscum. Yikes, that photo!
I found this part especially interesting:

snip>>>

...A 31-year-old Georgia woman said Harper sat behind her and “very firmly grabbed” both her breasts. She accelerated the snowmobile and drove in a zig-zag pattern to throw Harper from the machine.

Another woman said Harper put his hands around her waist near her crotch while riding behind her. A third woman accused Harper of standing up and pushing his genitals into her back while he road from behind – a charge jurors didn’t convict him of.

Defense lawyers said one “hypersensitive” woman misread a situation, and her accusations “snowballed” into multiple complaints...

and:

After learning about the complaints, Harper called one of the victims, said Deputy District Attorney David Ottman, who prosecuted the case.

He identified himself as the owner of the company, but he didn’t identify himself as the guide suspected of inappropriate conduct, the woman testified. Instead, he asked the woman to give an account of what happened, apologized, and told her the guide had been fired, the woman testified.

(article continues)

<<<snip

Here is proof, IMO, that KH can be a very scary guy.

Last edited:
[snip]

After learning about the complaints, Harper called one of the victims, said Deputy District Attorney David Ottman, who prosecuted the case.

He identified himself as the owner of the company, but he didn’t identify himself as the guide suspected of inappropriate conduct, the woman testified. Instead, he asked the woman to give an account of what happened, apologized, and told her the guide had been fired, the woman testified.

[/snip]

I saw that too and wondered when/where that was asserted by the DA and, most importantly, was there substantiation of this call (beyond the likely testimony of the woman who allegedly receive it).

I've vague memories of snowmobiling when I was a kid and haven't done so for decades but, for what it's worth, I'm a motorcyclist and I always forewarn any passenger that we'll need to become rather friendly on the bike and that they have to be comfortable with hands/arms tight around waist and groin up against the back. The one time I took the word of a passenger that they "knew how to ride" we almost went into a ravine while navigating a curve.

Ten years ago, he was married and his wife showed up in court with him. All MOO-- brazen sneaky man, calling the victim on the phone then. Forcing what he wants. And now showing up at the memorial he was asked not to attend. He recently comes out with important info -- he says someone working on the ranch handed Dia over and now she's in the lake. You'd think he'd be afraid for his own life. He should be terrified to be announcing that now with the real bad people cough cough wanting to shut him up. Again JMO-- just like ten years ago, thinks he can talk his way out of being highly suspicious. Has anything changed? Jodi said he was so busy going after the "girls" telling them all the same thing. Women are part of his pattern. Some people are somewhat predictable being creatures of habit.

There hasn't been a suspect named. I'm just pointing out things that raise my red flags. All JMO though. All of us here are trying to get at the truth of what happened to Dia, and now Jodi, and see Justice done for them.

Ten years ago, he was married and his wife showed up in court with him. All MOO-- brazen sneaky man, calling the victim on the phone then. Forcing what he wants. And now showing up at the memorial he was asked not to attend. He recently comes out with important info -- he says someone working on the ranch handed Dia over and now she's in the lake. You'd think he'd be afraid for his own life. He should be terrified to be announcing that now with the real bad people cough cough wanting to shut him up. Again JMO-- just like ten years ago, thinks he can talk his way out of being highly suspicious. Has anything changed? Jodi said he was so busy going after the "girls" telling them all the same thing. Women are part of his pattern. Some people are somewhat predictable being creatures of habit.

There hasn't been a suspect named. I'm just pointing out things that raise my red flags. All JMO though. All of us here are trying to get at the truth of what happened to Dia, and now Jodi, and see Justice done for them.
At this point if Harper told me the sky was blue I'd have to look out the window. I really hope LE is moving forward....

Thank You David Gotfredson, Investigative Reporter of News8 for the excellent job you have done in these cases. We would not have been able to follow these cases without all the info you have brought to our attention via your news reports. Thank You also for helping San Diegans learn more about what we can do about the recent outrageous increases to our gas and electric. You are my Hero.

If you live in San Diego county, you know how our gas and electric rates have suddenly increased beyond reasonable. We pay the most of all the country for our utilities. People in San Diego are outraged, and protesting these increases. More excellent reporting by David Gotfredson at these links:
Closer look at the compensation for Sempra & SDG&E executives | cbs8.com

A closer look at the CPUC board members who approve SDG&E rate hikes | cbs8.com

Last edited:
Wonder if this hearing is going to happen then. Wonder if there's an active investigation going on.

A hearing on a request to remove Harper as trustee of the ranch and other estate properties was
set for May 9, 2022 in Palm Springs probate court.

Wonder if this hearing is going to happen then. Wonder if there's an active investigation going on.

A hearing on a request to remove Harper as trustee of the ranch and other estate properties was
set for May 9, 2022 in Palm Springs probate court.

Has anyone heard or found out what happened at the hearing in mid-November?

Life goes on for some. New "girls" possibly hired to work on the ranch. Dia's belongings most likely being parted out over time. Legal paperwork is drawn up, court dates set to continue to battle it out for the estate. Dirt is collected on the parties to help fight the battle. It makes one wonder when there's ever going to be any real answers from the investigations. When is there going to be an arrest to these probable homicides?

Life goes on for some. New "girls" possibly hired to work on the ranch. Dia's belongings most likely being parted out over time. Legal paperwork is drawn up, court dates set to continue to battle it out for the estate. Dirt is collected on the parties to help fight the battle. It makes one wonder when there's ever going to be any real answers from the investigations. When is there going to be an arrest to these probable homicides?
It's extremely depressing to think that this woman could have been murdered and her beautiful ranch and properties stolen by the perpetrator right in front of us and nothing can be done. We all know this entire case and now the second woman being killed does not pass the smell test. Unreal...there has to be a better ending to this story!

It's extremely depressing to think that this woman could have been murdered and her beautiful ranch and properties stolen by the perpetrator right in front of us and nothing can be done. We all know this entire case and now the second woman being killed does not pass the smell test. Unreal...there has to be a better ending to this story!
There are no good endings to this story.. I truly do not believe Dia wanted any of the parties involved to recieve her property.. It was a very nasty horrible situation for her.. Makes me sad..

JMO here. Except for all David Gotfredson, News Investigative Producer CBS News 8 has done to bring Dia's case to people's attention, it's downright shocking how little media attention Dia's case has gotten, and LE has not felt a need to share a word about their supposed investigations. Dia's an older woman, missing, and more wealthy than most. You'd think she'd get some mention in the news every now and then... NOT. Why is that?

No one is pushing for Dia to be found. There's none of her family or friends wanting any air time to plead with the public to find Dia. That's what it takes to keep it in the news and push for further investigation-- Family and the Public's pressure. The children are apparently satisfied that she's probably dead. They're using their energy and money fighting about the Estate changes in court hearings to grab the estate away from KH, but none of them are fighting to find Lydia Dia Abrams or find out what really happened to her.

I follow Maya Millete's case, and if not for her sister and brother-in-law that case wouldn't gone quiet, instead it's going to be covered on the 48 hrs. Show this weekend. MOO-- you'd think, Dia being more wealthy than most, having all those friends and family, that her case wouldn't go quiet like it has, but I guess wealth means everybody is more interested in gaining your estate :( than caring about your well fair.

I am in no way trying to be funny but do we have wait for another woman to die before we get to the bottom of this? I look all the time for more info or a break in the case....but nothing. I would to know everything LE knows...at least maybe I would have hope.

I'm feeling that either KH has been extremely clever in covering his tracks ... or ... there are players in the game of such stature that either LE has been hesitate to proceed or they're being extremely thorough/patient to make sure the case sticks. Fedder's role in all of this still makes me pause.

af422c44-8ef4-416c-9a80-6f2a85461528_1140x641.jpg

Audio released in disappearance of Dia Abrams | cbs8.com
Private investigator interviewed co-trustee of Abrams' estate in November 2020.
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 7:57 PM PST March 4, 2022

(From the article, BBM and underlined by me. There's a news video too. Also of note, it was Dia's son who hired the Private Investigator.)

The private investigator interviewed Diana Fedder, a friend of Abrams who lived in the area, for more than four and a half hours, approximately five months after Abrams went missing.

Fedder, 54, is a retired Secret Service special agent.

“Now, you have a law enforcement background, right?,” the private investigator asked.

“Yes, 30 years,” responded Fedder.

At the time of the interview, Fedder was co-managing Abrams' Bonita Vista Ranch in Mountain Center, along with Keith Harper, 72, the missing woman's self-proclaimed fiancé.

The relationship was on the rocks and close to ending, according to Fedder.

The week she disappeared, she was planning on breaking up with him, 100 percent,” Fedder told the private investigator.

Abrams went missing from the ranch on the afternoon of Saturday, June 6, 2020, leaving her purse, cell phone, and vehicle behind.

Two weeks prior to her disappearance, she put her properties into a trust, naming Harper as first trustee and Fedder as second.

“So, we did the power of attorney. We did her trust. We put all her properties in a trust,” said Fedder.

"What was the purpose of the power of attorney?” asked the private investigator.

“She wanted to redo the will because the old will had the kids in it. She wanted to remove her kids,” responded Fedder.

Harper continues live on the ranch and manage Abrams properties in her absence.

“He’s trying to find a way to expand everything on there,” said Fedder.

“What does he want to... what's his ultimate goal?” asked the private investigator.

“Oh, he wants to make an RV park,” said Fedder.

At one point, Fedder talks about finding a gun at the ranch, inside Abrams’ truck, days after Abrams went missing.

“After they finished searching on Wednesday, I guess is the day that they stopped searching, I went that night. Ronnie's wife and I, we went to the truck,” said Fedder.

Fedder told the private investigator she was looking inside the truck for dog food and medication for Abrams’ dog “Rudy” when she found the gun inside the vehicle. She said it had a pearl handle.

“It was a revolver, right?” asked the private investigator.

“Yes, it was a revolver,” Fedder said.

“Yeah, I think that was a .38,” said the private investigator.

“Yeah, and it was small,” said Fedder.

“So, I took it. I had no problem with it. I took it. I put it my safe. I told Harper that I took it,” Fedder said, adding that she kept the handgun for two months before giving to Harper.

“So, you gave it back to Harper?” asked the private investigator.

“Yes, he asked for it, so I gave it back to him. I told the police that I gave it back to him,” she said.

It remains unclear what happened to the gun.

Last edited:
The wording in this article is confusing re: whose revolver Fedder found. Assuming it had a serial number on it - LE should know who it belongs to and if the firearm was "missing" when they were doing their searches. I would have to assume this means the gun belonged to Dia... but the article says she said "she gave it back to Harper" gives the impression it belonged to Harper.

af422c44-8ef4-416c-9a80-6f2a85461528_1140x641.jpg

Audio released in disappearance of Dia Abrams | cbs8.com
Private investigator interviewed co-trustee of Abrams' estate in November 2020.
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 7:57 PM PST March 4, 2022

(From the article, BBM and underlined by me. There's a news video too. Also of note, it was Dia's son who hired the Private Investigator.)

The private investigator interviewed Diana Fedder, a friend of Abrams who lived in the area, for more than four and a half hours, approximately five months after Abrams went missing.

Fedder, 54, is a retired Secret Service special agent.

“Now, you have a law enforcement background, right?,” the private investigator asked.

“Yes, 30 years,” responded Fedder.

At the time of the interview, Fedder was co-managing Abrams' Bonita Vista Ranch in Mountain Center, along with Keith Harper, 72, the missing woman's self-proclaimed fiancé.

The relationship was on the rocks and close to ending, according to Fedder.

The week she disappeared, she was planning on breaking up with him, 100 percent,” Fedder told the private investigator.

Abrams went missing from the ranch on the afternoon of Saturday, June 6, 2020, leaving her purse, cell phone, and vehicle behind.

Two weeks prior to her disappearance, she put her properties into a trust, naming Harper as first trustee and Fedder as second.

“So, we did the power of attorney. We did her trust. We put all her properties in a trust,” said Fedder.

"What was the purpose of the power of attorney?” asked the private investigator.

“She wanted to redo the will because the old will had the kids in it. She wanted to remove her kids,” responded Fedder.

Harper continues live on the ranch and manage Abrams properties in her absence.

“He’s trying to find a way to expand everything on there,” said Fedder.

“What does he want to... what's his ultimate goal?” asked the private investigator.

“Oh, he wants to make an RV park,” said Fedder.

At one point, Fedder talks about finding a gun at the ranch, inside Abrams’ truck, days after Abrams went missing.

“After they finished searching on Wednesday, I guess is the day that they stopped searching, I went that night. Ronnie's wife and I, we went to the truck,” said Fedder.

Fedder told the private investigator she was looking inside the truck for dog food and medication for Abrams’ dog “Rudy” when she found the gun inside the vehicle. She said it had a pearl handle.

“It was a revolver, right?” asked the private investigator.

“Yes, it was a revolver,” Fedder said.

“Yeah, I think that was a .38,” said the private investigator.

“Yeah, and it was small,” said Fedder.

“So, I took it. I had no problem with it. I took it. I put it my safe. I told Harper that I took it,” Fedder said, adding that she kept the handgun for two months before giving to Harper.

“So, you gave it back to Harper?” asked the private investigator.

“Yes, he asked for it, so I gave it back to him. I told the police that I gave it back to him,” she said.

It remains unclear what happened to the gun.
Thanks, Curious Me for the latest info from our best source for Dia’s case. David Gotfredson (cbs8 investigator producer) is amazing.

So strange. What caused Dia to want to break up with KH only two weeks after seemingly believing in him to name him her Trustee?
What is the deal with the handgun in the truck. Was it a gun that was generally always in the truck, placed there by Dia? Why did DF hold onto the gun for a while? The recording was a secret recording, so does that mean it cannot be used in court?

Do you think DF did not trust KH and that’s the reason for keeping the handgun? Do you think her moving away to Georgia was because she wanted to get away from KH?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back