CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In one of his interviews, KH said the day she disappeared that Dia wanted to "talk to him about something", but he had to go mow the pasture and never had that "talk" with her, He must've known she wanted to break up. As @slowpoke asks, was there a reason she wanted to break up with him soon after changing the Trust? Oh, and what do you think of KH wanting to turn the ranch into an RV Park?!!

Audio released in disappearance of Dia Abrams | cbs8.com

“The week she disappeared, she was planning on breaking up with him, 100 percent,” Fedder told the private investigator."

af422c44-8ef4-416c-9a80-6f2a85461528_1140x641.jpg

Private investigator interviewed co-trustee of Abrams' estate in November 2020.
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 7:57 PM PST March 4, 2022

(From the article, BBM and underlined by me. There's a news video too. Also of note, it was Dia's son who hired the Private Investigator.)

The private investigator interviewed Diana Fedder, a friend of Abrams who lived in the area, for more than four and a half hours, approximately five months after Abrams went missing.

Fedder, 54, is a retired Secret Service special agent.

“Now, you have a law enforcement background, right?,” the private investigator asked.

“Yes, 30 years,” responded Fedder.

At the time of the interview, Fedder was co-managing Abrams' Bonita Vista Ranch in Mountain Center, along with Keith Harper, 72, the missing woman's self-proclaimed fiancé.

The relationship was on the rocks and close to ending, according to Fedder.

The week she disappeared, she was planning on breaking up with him, 100 percent,” Fedder told the private investigator.

Abrams went missing from the ranch on the afternoon of Saturday, June 6, 2020, leaving her purse, cell phone, and vehicle behind.

Two weeks prior to her disappearance, she put her properties into a trust, naming Harper as first trustee and Fedder as second.

“So, we did the power of attorney. We did her trust. We put all her properties in a trust,” said Fedder.

"What was the purpose of the power of attorney?” asked the private investigator.

“She wanted to redo the will because the old will had the kids in it. She wanted to remove her kids,” responded Fedder.

Harper continues live on the ranch and manage Abrams properties in her absence.

“He’s trying to find a way to expand everything on there,” said Fedder.

“What does he want to... what's his ultimate goal?” asked the private investigator.

“Oh, he wants to make an RV park,” said Fedder.

At one point, Fedder talks about finding a gun at the ranch, inside Abrams’ truck, days after Abrams went missing.

“After they finished searching on Wednesday, I guess is the day that they stopped searching, I went that night. Ronnie's wife and I, we went to the truck,” said Fedder.

Fedder told the private investigator she was looking inside the truck for dog food and medication for Abrams’ dog “Rudy” when she found the gun inside the vehicle. She said it had a pearl handle.

“It was a revolver, right?” asked the private investigator.

“Yes, it was a revolver,” Fedder said.

“Yeah, I think that was a .38,” said the private investigator.

“Yeah, and it was small,” said Fedder.

“So, I took it. I had no problem with it. I took it. I put it my safe. I told Harper that I took it,” Fedder said, adding that she kept the handgun for two months before giving to Harper.

“So, you gave it back to Harper?” asked the private investigator.

“Yes, he asked for it, so I gave it back to him. I told the police that I gave it back to him,” she said.

It remains unclear what happened to the gun.

For someone who had a 30 yr career in law enforcement, she doesn't seem to be much help. JMO She was probably seeing red flags, but didn't do or say anything, at least not to any authorities.

In one of his interviews, KH said the day she disappeared that Dia wanted to "talk to him about something", but he had to go mow the pasture and never had that "talk" with her, He must've known she wanted to break up. As @slowpoke asks, was there a reason she wanted to break up with him soon after changing the Trust? Oh, and what do you think of KH wanting to turn the ranch into an RV Park?!!

“The week she disappeared, she was planning on breaking up with him, 100 percent,” Fedder told the private investigator."

Oh yes, I forgot to address the RV park idea DF says KH has for Dia’s ranch. Didn’t he say in an earlier article that he wanted to turn it into an animal reserve, in accordance to Dia’s wishes? Another contradiction.

snipped...The horses were on a lower property for the most part. I do not believe Dia would have left the house without her dog and gun...
@Sun Spot, hope you're well and wondering what you think of this latest news. Was the .38 revolver with the pearl handle the gun Dia carried with her most? Does it sound like her gun? Seems like Dia disappeared the same week Dia was trying to break up with KH.

The toxicology and autopsy reports are back on Jodi Newkirk's death investigation of possible homicide, but the reports are sealed for now.

Once again, a big Thank You to David Gotfredson. Investigative Reporter for CBS8 for supplying us with the only updates we have on these cases.

Pity the entire recording isn't available. I'm curious who chose what was to be shared, and what their criteria was.

DF's assertion that Dia was about to break up with KH ... "100%"? how does that jive with KH being made the primary trustee only two weeks earlier? Why should believe DF is being truthful here? An RV Park ... ok. MOO KH has been carrying the costs of the properties on his own since the kid's challenges. That could be a smart revenue generator (and in alignment with Dia's previous AB&B attempts. Safer too, in an era of COVID) to help support the plan of an animal refuge he mentioned earlier. There are several properties involved here, right?

As for the gun ... help this city boy out and tell me – is it uncommon on a ranch to have several stashes for guns? Does this sort of thing (not having each gun secured, for example) violate Federal or State law? To ignorant me it would seem a smart thing to do, given the natural predators (eg snakes) MOO and, as in Dia's case, especially if you feel you are under threat.

af422c44-8ef4-416c-9a80-6f2a85461528_1140x641.jpg

Private investigator interviewed co-trustee of Abrams' estate in November 2020.
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 7:57 PM PST March 4, 2022

(From the article, BBM and underlined by me. There's a news video too. Also of note, it was Dia's son who hired the Private Investigator.)

The private investigator interviewed Diana Fedder, a friend of Abrams who lived in the area, for more than four and a half hours, approximately five months after Abrams went missing.

Fedder, 54, is a retired Secret Service special agent.

“Now, you have a law enforcement background, right?,” the private investigator asked.

“Yes, 30 years,” responded Fedder.

At the time of the interview, Fedder was co-managing Abrams' Bonita Vista Ranch in Mountain Center, along with Keith Harper, 72, the missing woman's self-proclaimed fiancé.

The relationship was on the rocks and close to ending, according to Fedder.

The week she disappeared, she was planning on breaking up with him, 100 percent,” Fedder told the private investigator.

Abrams went missing from the ranch on the afternoon of Saturday, June 6, 2020, leaving her purse, cell phone, and vehicle behind.

Two weeks prior to her disappearance, she put her properties into a trust, naming Harper as first trustee and Fedder as second.

“So, we did the power of attorney. We did her trust. We put all her properties in a trust,” said Fedder.

"What was the purpose of the power of attorney?” asked the private investigator.

“She wanted to redo the will because the old will had the kids in it. She wanted to remove her kids,” responded Fedder.

Harper continues live on the ranch and manage Abrams properties in her absence.

“He’s trying to find a way to expand everything on there,” said Fedder.

“What does he want to... what's his ultimate goal?” asked the private investigator.

“Oh, he wants to make an RV park,” said Fedder.

At one point, Fedder talks about finding a gun at the ranch, inside Abrams’ truck, days after Abrams went missing.

“After they finished searching on Wednesday, I guess is the day that they stopped searching, I went that night. Ronnie's wife and I, we went to the truck,” said Fedder.

Fedder told the private investigator she was looking inside the truck for dog food and medication for Abrams’ dog “Rudy” when she found the gun inside the vehicle. She said it had a pearl handle.

“It was a revolver, right?” asked the private investigator.

“Yes, it was a revolver,” Fedder said.

“Yeah, I think that was a .38,” said the private investigator.

“Yeah, and it was small,” said Fedder.

“So, I took it. I had no problem with it. I took it. I put it my safe. I told Harper that I took it,” Fedder said, adding that she kept the handgun for two months before giving to Harper.

“So, you gave it back to Harper?” asked the private investigator.

“Yes, he asked for it, so I gave it back to him. I told the police that I gave it back to him,” she said.

It remains unclear what happened to the gun.
I do not find this Fedder woman to be believable or honest. I don't care what career she had.

Who keeps dog food and medication in their truck? :rolleyes: JMO she was rummaging for something else... that gun?

“So, we did the power of attorney. We did her trust. We put all her properties in a trust,” said Fedder."

Oh really?! The only person who can create a power of attorney or a trust is Dia - not "we". An honest person would say "DIA put HER properties in a trust." Who are the people "WE" she mentions here - Fedder has included herself. IMO this use of "WE" implies power and control over Dia and Dia's property, as WE are the actors taking the action, and Dia is merely referenced as "her". Fedder has no standing to make such a statement IMO.

JMO the truth does not need qualifiers like 100%. JMO the scenario provided by Fedder is not believable: Suddenly, after all her years to do so, she wants her own children removed from her will - just two weeks before she disappears. After a lifetime of experience with lawyers, Dia goes to a lawyer she does not know way over in Palm Springs. Fedder points at Harper saying Dia wanted to breakup; and it is Fedder who points at the children esp. the son three times in the longer 9:42 video at cbs8.com.

@Sun Spot, hope you're well and wondering what you think of this latest news. Was the .38 revolver with the pearl handle the gun Dia carried with her most? Does it sound like her gun? Seems like Dia disappeared the same week Dia was trying to break up with KH.

The toxicology and autopsy reports are back on Jodi Newkirk's death investigation of possible homicide, but the reports are sealed for now.

Once again, a big Thank You to David Gotfredson. Investigative Reporter for CBS8 for supplying us with the only updates we have on these cases.

DIA had a couple of different 38s that I was familiar with. She packed a Lady Smith mist of the time I was around.. There was a pearl grips 38 that she told me about..I never saw it in person.
I heard a lot of talk about different venue types..never an RV Park... she was having enough trouble to just get licensed for an event venue.

Hello All,

I am an insider. It is good to be a part of this community. Thank you very much for your interest and diligence on this case.
Hello, RDJ0091. Welcome to Websleuths! I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Dia and her case. We have been frustrated by the lack of information from LE about their investigation, but all of us on this thread have come to care very much about Dia and her disappearance, and we continue to hope for justice for her.

This is the second thread at Websleuths for Dia. The first thread has a lot of good information in it, too, so you may wish to read it. Here's a link to thread 1:

CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

142.gif

Thank you so very much Coastal and all of Websleuths for your care and love for Dia. My heart breaks for this tremendous tragedy incessantly. Dia was a really giving person with a great deal of spunk, humor, and heart.

It is very sad that no information has been released on the investigation. Frustrating and disheartening indeed.

I am reluctant to dive too deeply into many details at this exact moment but I will say that IMO, I am extremely confident that this crime involves a number of people, it was and is highly organized and premeditated. Diane Fedder is ex-secret service and IMO the perfect mastermind and accomplice to a situation involving homicide and financial dealings. IMO Her moving away and the future marriage to a police chief in Georgia looks ugly.

I am surprised more local people are not speaking up about this situation. It cannot be solved unless more people step up for Dia. I think many are afraid that the same criminal element that took Dia could take them which is understandable. But, all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing, I believe Edward Burke said.

Any questions that I feel comfortable answering, I will.

thank you for this post, agreed that there is a lot of fear and silence surrounding Dias disappearance and Jodi Newkirks mysterious death.. are you comfortable confirming that you are a local in the community?
your insight seems very valuable

Thank you so very much Coastal and all of Websleuths for your care and love for Dia. My heart breaks for this tremendous tragedy incessantly. Dia was a really giving person with a great deal of spunk, humor, and heart.

It is very sad that no information has been released on the investigation. Frustrating and disheartening indeed.

I am reluctant to dive too deeply into many details at this exact moment but I will say that IMO, I am extremely confident that this crime involves a number of people, it was and is highly organized and premeditated. Diane Fedder is ex-secret service and IMO the perfect mastermind and accomplice to a situation involving homicide and financial dealings. IMO Her moving away and the future marriage to a police chief in Georgia looks ugly.

I am surprised more local people are not speaking up about this situation. It cannot be solved unless more people step up for Dia. I think many are afraid that the same criminal element that took Dia could take them which is understandable. But, all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men (and women) to do nothing, I believe Edward Burke said.

Any questions that I feel comfortable answering, I will.

Hello Websleuth community.. @r

Seems KH worked at DEA. Would fit with your speculation - same as mine - about his handling the marijuana grow. Is it known when he first showed up in the area after leaving jail? I last met Dia at Bonita Vista ranch in 2015 and he was not around.

Oh, I do, too. I sometimes look on the Anza Crime Watch site and there's a ton of crime going on up there. Is there any way other agencies could get involved in Dia's disappearance say if they think she was taken across state lines?

Great questions you ask. Like you said, who told him that Dia was executed and in the lake? Then, saying that LE is sharing their investigation with him, as though they didn't go to NM because he's a POI whether they say it or not, especially now that there's another dead woman with a connection to HIM.
You've always said it could've happened earlier, providing more time to disappear Dia. You might be very right. The timeline is vague as to when Dia actually went missing. (o_O It was cinnamon buns not brownies, but the recipient never said a word to the media to find her kind friend. And the water heater guy remained invisible and most likely unreal. All MOO)

Lake Hemet you say is not a likely place. :confused: I guess KH has "insider info" to who really did it and where they took the body, but he's not afraid to blab it and not be killed himself. :rolleyes:
That was, and maybe is, an pot growing operation. He says he's paying out all that money to keep the ranch & properties going. Seems like no way he would pass up his share of the MJ profits if he's renting to them. (He went after Dia's boot refund! Heck, he was charging Jodi rent, and she wasn't even getting to spend any time to herself there. )

Who were the ranch people that handed Dia over too be executed, as KH now claims? Was it someone from the grow site?

Isn't there more people than two on a grow site normally? I think I heard about just two guys that took off with no one else there. Odd, they left product though which got confiscated. Seems they were tipped off because Dia went missing, and everyone on that site was gone. Don't know what I make of that. Just my own thoughts

Search of Sky High ranch (the marijuana grow) happened on June 16th. After ten days of intense research of the area including drone over the property (that’s how it was found), they did not need to be tipped.

Search of Sky High ranch (the marijuana grow) happened on June 16th. After ten days of intense research of the area including drone over the property (that’s how it was found), they did not need to be tipped.
Had to go back to find the Grow Site Search Warrant issued on 6/9/20 and filed on 6/16/20. I don't know which post of mine you are referring to, but I would imagine I meant the people running and working on the grow site might've been tipped off to split and leave product, not LE.

Here is one of my posts where I posted about the Search Warrant on Thread #1.
CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Here is the Search Warrant for the grow site.
marijuana_grow_warrant.pdf (google.com)

The WE is indeed very strange. Curious to hear the whole exchange about the trust.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo
Back