CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were two issues addressed in Dia's Court filing, as I understand it.

(1) She requested the Invalidation of the Prenup. Ultimately Dia requested that the Court void the terms of the Prenup that eliminated the accrual of community property during the marriage of Clem and Dia. In essence it cut her out of owning half of the community property. The list of properties was extensive and that Prenup was signed 35 yrs. ago under duress.

(2) She was also requesting an additional five to six million dollars that she felt was owed from the Family Trust to the Martial Trust due to an unexpected change coming from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) signed into law December 2017."
(Please correct me if I'm wrong. In my limited understanding and in simple terms, this meant there was less estate tax owed, and so Dia wanted that taken into consideration and the money $6.7 million put into her Martial Trust.)

BBM and All MOO.
Did I explain it half way correct?

Wouldn't a trust take five years if a person is missing?

I don't want to answer your question without understanding it better. The trusts for Clem Abrams would have become effective at his death immediately, that's kind of the point of the one he had drawn up. Dia's trust was a living trust which become effective at signature. Or am I not understanding what you are asking?

For a full reply, please see my above quote. In my limited understanding and in simple terms, this meant there was less estate tax owed, and so Dia wanted that taken into consideration and the money $6.7 million, taken from the Family Trust in which the children were controlling trustees, and put into her Martial Trust. I imagine if Dia died, the children could contest anybody else being named a beneficiary. Boy oh boy, I would have had a Prenup for my new marriage if I was a wealthy woman with all that property. I don't know why she made those transfers or what the reason was before she disappeared. I wish someone could fully explain. That small parcel of property was somehow transferred / sold for a low amount after Dia was gone. So confusing, and I have tons of questions.

Please know I have limited understanding how it would work in a Trust. It's different with life insurance policies which often don't pay out if there's a hint of foul play or ongoing investigation linked to the beneficiary.

Whoa!

In a June 8 search warrant served on the Bonita Vista Ranch, investigators seized a list of evidence, including a tan bed sheet with possible blood, a band-aid with possible blood, a piece of toilet paper with possible blood, two spent bullet casings (with F and REM markings), two handwritten letters, and a Netgear router, News 8 has learned.

On June 12, detectives traveled to New Mexico and seized a Ford RV belonging to Keith Harper, Abrams’ 71-year-old fiancé. Investigators impounded the vehicle and removed a "section of front driver seat" as evidence, according to the search warrant.

Investigators also searched Harper's storage business, American Storage Complex in Aztec, New Mexico, but the list of evidence removed from the business was kept secret by California investigators.

Search warrants served in case of missing former La Jolla woman | cbs8.com

Last edited:
I'm quoting myself.....
We don't know anything about Dia's property at 28893 Bonita Vista Rd. That property appears to be a mobile home on 5 acres. This is not currently listed on the Air BnB site. Has Dia been quietly renting that home (ie not listed on an internet rental site) to anyone? Could someone who works for her stay there (full-time, on occasion)?
The answer was not quite what I expected :eek:

Whoa is right. Holy Moly! I can't even absorb everything yet. Can all they have collected be nothing? Ah, doubt it. I'm really sad connecting this info to what it means.

Relieved LE was doing what I thought they should be doing, and they were doing more than I expected right away. I just feel so darn sad for Dia. This news is not hopeful.

Something about that storage place reminds me of the Ozark or the Breaking Bad series and I can't explain it. I wonder if a smooth talker was the one on that grow property. There was a lot more going on than could be hidden from LE. Taking off in that RV right away was a big, stupid mistake. No amount of smooth talking can gloss over evidence either.

ALL MOO of course.

... two handwritten letters ...

Thank You to David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer).
Published: 7:30 PM PDT September 2, 2020
Updated: 7:58 PM PDT September 2, 2020

Intriguing mysterious evidence of two handwritten letters. Can't imagine really. Pretend suicide notes? Letters from someone revealing something Dia didn't know about what was going on? A blackmail letter? Please LE, just tell me.

... why would they take the Netgear router from the Ranch?...
Great question. You made me think about it and I found this. It may be protocol, and this way LE will be able to tell if there were other devices. I'm trying to think outside the box here-- devices not mentioned, maybe cameras on the grow area, drones, devices that had deleted info and possible evidence, missing devices even phones, etc., Smart to take that router. Keith said he and Dia had lunch that day, and texted around four p.m., then he got back from mowing the meadow around 7:30 p.m. and she was missing. Her phone was plugged into the bedroom charger. LE can probably verify whether that's true or not.
https://kb.netgear.com/000060884/Ho...-or-Network-Map-features-on-the-Nighthawk-app

:( Relieved by the news LE is on it, but sad for Dia.

We don't know anything about Dia's property at 28893 Bonita Vista Rd. That property appears to be a mobile home on 5 acres. This is not currently listed on the Air BnB site. Has Dia been quietly renting that home (ie not listed on an internet rental site) to anyone? Could someone who works for her stay there (full-time, on occasion)?

The answer was not quite what I expected :eek:

You know more about the properties than most of us because you did a great job doing all that research. You were asking some great questions. So, is the property you mentioned here the one that had all those plants?

The Sky High Ranch is a fitting name for that type of operation.

Screen shot-- I see where it says they searched using helicopters, search and rescue, cadaver dogs and bloodhounds. I wonder if they got any signal from the dogs in the house. The RV had already taken off on the business trip... was Dia in the RV?
upload_2020-9-2_22-59-17.png

Bumping this for everyone to see. Sorry I've been here reacting all over the place over the news break. Thanks jash, for listing all the evidence seized.
jash post continued--

In a June 8 search warrant served on the Bonita Vista Ranch, investigators seized a list of evidence, including a tan bed sheet with possible blood, a band-aid with possible blood, a piece of toilet paper with possible blood, two spent bullet casings (with F and REM markings), two handwritten letters, and a Netgear router, News 8 has learned.

On June 12, detectives traveled to New Mexico and seized a Ford RV belonging to Keith Harper, Abrams’ 71-year-old fiancé. Investigators impounded the vehicle and removed a "section of front driver seat" as evidence, according to the search warrant.

Investigators also searched Harper's storage business, American Storage Complex in Aztec, New Mexico, but the list of evidence removed from the business was kept secret by California investigators.

^^^ Keith says he and Dia were going to go to Colorado together the next day. She seemed in a good mood earlier. After lunch, Dia had said she wants to talk to him, but he has to go mow the meadow and won't be done until near dark. They're going to talk later. Listen to it please. At about the 1:53 minute mark, :eek: he seems to burst out with an odd telling statement, "I will not ever see her again at that point." Hmm, how does he know she's gone for good? Also, IMO, he has an odd way of describing what she left behind. It's almost like he's writing the story or painting the picture. What did she want to talk to him about? It sounded important and he put her off. Was it some thing he didn't want to hear? Something that he did hear and that made him mad? :( What do you think of this most recent interview?

You know more about the properties than most of us because you did a great job doing all that research. You were asking some great questions. So, is the property you mentioned here the one that had all those plants?

----snip----- (see below)

Screen shot-- I see where it says they searched using helicopters, search and rescue, cadaver dogs and bloodhounds. I wonder if they got any signal from the dogs in the house. The RV had already taken off on the business trip... was Dia in the RV?
View attachment 262435

I would think Diana was in the RV.

The 2 properties in the marijuana grow search warrant had been transferred by Dia into her trust (Dia had transferred 5 parcels total into her trust).
Page 3 of the marijuana grow warrant lists the 2 properties/APN numbers. It appears the grow was active on both properties.
https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/marijuana_grow_warrant.pdf

APN 567-170-006 is 28893 Bonita Vista Rd.
See ABRAMSRECORDS link below.
On page 1 of the property transfer documents previously released it appears the mortgage on this property had been paid off (Deed of Reconveyance).
The transfer of this property to the trust is on page 6.

The transfer of the property directly north (per marijuana warrant), APN 567-170-002, is on page 5.
https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/ABRAMSRECORDS.pdf

The Sky High Ranch is a fitting name for that type of operation.
Lol, :D !!
No, that appears to be another property

For a full reply, please see my above quote. In my limited understanding and in simple terms, this meant there was less estate tax owed, and so Dia wanted that taken into consideration and the money $6.7 million, taken from the Family Trust in which the children were controlling trustees, and put into her Martial Trust. I imagine if Dia died, the children could contest anybody else being named a beneficiary. Boy oh boy, I would have had a Prenup for my new marriage if I was a wealthy woman with all that property. I don't know why she made those transfers or what the reason was before she disappeared. I wish someone could fully explain. That small parcel of property was somehow transferred / sold for a low amount after Dia was gone. So confusing, and I have tons of questions.

Please know I have limited understanding how it would work in a Trust. It's different with life insurance policies which often don't pay out if there's a hint of foul play or ongoing investigation linked to the beneficiary.

I was referring the last living trust she completed just prior to her disappearance, I though a missings person situation presented a five year waiting period automatically.

So Know I have heard two things mentioned on the day of her disappearance?
1. Dia was supposed to go San Diego and never made it.
2. She was supposed to go with Harper, why would he leave without her, if she indeed was supposed to go.
Clarity needed here.

After watching one of the videos again, the gent indicated that he did not know who the heir of the property was and the news agency would have to ask the attorney...
I would be certain that if hew was not the heir, what would he be doing there?
A hired hand?

snipped and bolded by me:
Smart to take that router. Keith said he and Dia had lunch that day, and texted around four p.m., then he got back from mowing the meadow around 7:30 p.m. and she was missing. Her phone was plugged into the bedroom charger.

Regarding the router, I found this article from the DailyMail, from 2016:
Forget fingerprints, Wi-Fi ROUTERS could soon help police solve crimes | Daily Mail Online

Yes, that David Gotfredson of CBS8 is doing great investigative reporting.

@Curious Me, not doubting you at all, but could you direct me to where you got the info regarding the texting at 4:00 and of her phone in the charger? I’d like to read or hear it (if audio), as I guess I missed those facts. Thanks!

In that “Extended Interview“ @tvscum posted, KH tells the interviewer that he is former law enforcement, with Utah as “intensive supervision and parole”. The interviewer inquires, “parole officer?” KH replies, “Yes.” Then he says, “Later, Drug Enforcement.”

Interesting enough that he was in LE, even more so that he was in Drug Enforcement in light of the grow house on one of Dia’s houses.

Another thought I had was when he said something to the effect that he definitely would have seen if someone came into from the gate, that from the meadow he can see it. Then, conversely, wouldn’t he have seen Dia leaving the property? Is there another way to get in and out of the property?

I watched this video: Former La Jolla woman transferred property before disappearing near Idyllwild | cbs8.com

The gent in question had a specific shirt on about a Jeep tour...
I googled the name and jeep tours... and... this came up.

Durango outfitter found guilty of groping snowmobilers

And this....
Rivers Outlaw & Jeep Tours Inc

Not saying that incidences in past represent today's reflection, but if you were in LE, specifically drug enforcement at one time, that may shed light on some things like current feelings (grow houses), I also don't see anything that represented violence here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1