Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but think of Jorelys Rivera. She was last seen playing at her apartment complex around 5 PM, and then she was gone. :(

I hope this case has a different outcome. Unfortunately, I don't think it will.

Please let me be wrong.

Some quick info about the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and general area (in case it hasn't been mentioned):

- There's no admission required to enter the Boardwalk. You only pay for rides.
- There's a large arcade and event space on the Main Beach in Santa Cruz. The arcade stays open until 10pm on Sundays along with the amusement park.
- Summer is tourist season. The area is usually pretty crowded at that time with people leaving the park or going to nearby hotels.
- The Riverway (which connects River St. to the BW) goes past San Lorenzo Park, which has a pond.

boardwalk_dipper.jpg

Is Maddy kind of small for her age? She looks so small in the photo on her scooter. Easily carried off .....

Yes. I just took my five year old in for a checkup and she's 48 pounds and stands 3' 10" tall. Granted, I grow giants but for 8, Madyson seems on the slight side. I am trembling every time I read this thread.

I somehow managed to miss this. I just saw a report about her on the local news (I'm in souther California) and raced here, my sleuthing is slipping! I'm going to read through and try to catch up. Meanwhile I'm sending up some prayers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Maddy kind of small for her age? She looks so small in the photo on her scooter. Easily carried off .....

She's 4 feet, 48 pounds. Around the 15th percentile for her age. Average for an 8-year-old girl is 50 inches, 58 pounds.

My daughter turned 7 recently and she is 51" tall and 46 lbs. She is tall for her age, and is one of the tallest kids in her class despite being one of the younger ones. Maddy is very similar in height and weight to my daughter. I'm 4'10" and can easily pick her up with one arm and carry her around. So if Maddy just turned 8 she is probably normal sized for her age, but if she is closer to 9, I'd say maybe a bit small. She seems so small in the photo because she's kind of squatted down in her scootering position. That plus I think her helmet makes her body look so tiny.

Not finding her scooter is very worrisome. Makes it seem like someone is hiding it. If she fell into the river then her scooter would be left on the shore. If she went into the ocean to swim, her scooter would be on the sand. I feel like someone has it hidden away. :mad:

The Santa Cruz Boardwalk and that famous ol' rickety roller coaster are a vivid part of my childhood. I haven't been back in 10 or so years, but this still hits home for me....

Where is Maddy?????

I was just there in Santa cruz yesterday, drove right by this area but it was probably just before 5. :( I went to UCSC, and had my first child when still living there. She is 8 now and just the same build as Maddy. We moved away in part due to the town becoming more dangerous. It really is a beautiful place to live though.

Anyway, I just wanted to add that yesterday was the Wharf to Wharf race which brings tons of people, but many of them would have been gone by that time. Usually the weekends are busy anyway due to people coming over to go to the beach. When we were heading back over the hill just before 5, there was stop and go traffic onto highway 17 from River street. There would have been lots of people around if she was headed south on the levee path.

Not finding her scooter is very worrisome. Makes it seem like someone is hiding it. If she fell into the river then her scooter would be left on the shore. If she went into the ocean to swim, her scooter would be on the sand. I feel like someone has it hidden away. :mad:

This is what concerns me too. Seems that wherever she is the scooter is with her still.

I can't help but think of Jorelys Rivera. She was last seen playing at her apartment complex around 5 PM, and then she was gone. :(

Please let me be wrong.

I'm afraid so too. If she made it to the boardwalk she likely would have been seen by someone along the way. 5:00 in the summer is a very busy time there at the Boardwalk. I hate to say it but I feel she's close by the complex still.

Please let me be wrong.

That was my first thought too! Beautiful Jorelys and her roller skates. That case shattered me! I'm praying hard for precious little Madyson.

:goodpost:

I can't even wrap my head around how people let their kids be all alone without losing their minds in worry. I just think about kids like Jessica Ridgeway, Sandra Cantu, Jenise Wright...why take that chance??

Because people want to deny the danger, and say "I won't live in fear" and "I want my kids to have the freedom I did as a child"...and an unfortunate few end up living in regret, their child's freedom having been tragically brought to an abrupt end.

Is there a map from where she was last seen on camera to where the dog scent stopped? Curious what's along that route

If she was abducted or lured perhaps her abductor had touched the scooter, or left other DNA on it. He may have realized this, and just taken the scooter too, rather than spend time tying to wipe it clean . If so this might mean his prints are in a database somewhere. jmo I know the FBI will check the RSO's in the area.

I get a strong feeling that MM was taken out of the immediate area in a vehicle. jmo

yes, me too. :mad: As smart as 8 yr olds are, they still do impulsive things. A driver can ask directions, or ask her to help grab his puppy from the bushes....and POOF. I really hope that didn't happen.

If she was abducted or lured perhaps her abductor had touched the scooter, or left other DNA on it. He may have realized this, and just taken the scooter too, rather than spend time tying to wipe it clean . If so this might mean his prints are in a database somewhere. jmo I know the FBI will check the RSO's in the area.

I get a strong feeling that MM was taken out of the immediate area in a vehicle. jmo

Me too. There's tons of public parking lots and street parking directly across the street from the Boardwalk/beach. And it's not far to get on a freeway either...

Those 3 names in my WS signature... that's why I am a helicopter parent, why I give limited freedom to my children, because those 3 names were my very close friends. And I do not want to see my children endure that nor lose friends in such a horrid evil way.....praying for lil madyson

Because people want to deny the danger, and say "I won't live in fear" and "I want my kids to have the freedom I did as a child"...and an unfortunate few end up living in regret, their child's freedom having been tragically brought to an abrupt end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor