Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The river isn't very deep . It is more like a canal that's run thru the city from the hills. It is swift tho . Once you get to the ocean it would be hard to not be seen as unless the tide was in because there is a lagoon very shallow and wide . When the tide is out there is a sandbar that separates the river and the ocean .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man you guys, this one sounds really.bad.

I'm local-ish and as we've already established it's a sketchy area for a little girl to be playing in. I won't even comment on parenting styles other than to give all the helicopter and free range moms a big hug...I know you're bickering because of the nervous dread in the pit of your stomach over this one.

My prediction: it's not a homeless person. It's going to be someone from a neighboring town and it's not going to end well. I pray I'm wrong, but I'm getting an awful gut feeling.

I am thinking maybe she got bored waiting on her friend and decided to sneak off to the beach, just for a minute... kids are curious, its a plausible scenario

That's possible but wasn't it over a 2 mile trip?

I'm having such a hard time grasping why a little girl used to sticking close to home and having set boundaries would suddenly decide to make a long trip like that.

I hope you are wrong, I hope I am wrong.... pedophiles look for opportunity. If the opportunity is present, they may take it.... I think this is real bad too. I hope for a good outcome, but my instinct is my heart just sinking..... I think every parent on this thread deserves a hug!!! We all care and that is what is important here.... finding Madyson.

Oh man you guys, this one sounds really.bad.

I'm local-ish and as we've already established it's a sketchy area for a little girl to be playing in. I won't even comment on parenting styles other than to give all the helicopter and free range moms a big hug...I know you're bickering because of the nervous dread in the pit of your stomach over this one.

My prediction: it's not a homeless person. It's going to be someone from a neighboring town and it's not going to end well. I pray I'm wrong, but I'm getting an awful gut feeling.

I hope you are wrong, I hope I am wrong.... pedophiles look for opportunity. If the opportunity is present, they may take it.... I think this is real bad too. I hope for a good outcome, but my instinct is my heart just sinking..... I think every parent on this thread deserves a hug!!! We all care and that is what is important here.... finding Madyson.

I know. :( I'm picturing a crowded summer night, lots of stimulation and distraction, a cute little girl on a scooter, maybe she was just killing time waiting for her friend and along comes an opportunist. Santa Cruz proper is dense but go just little ways out and you're into very isolated, foresty areas with remote homes.

I really hope I'm wrong. C'mon Mady, let's find you. If there are any searches planned for this weekend I may head down.

I'm worried that possibly some kid found an abandoned scooter and rode it to the beach, giving a false trail. Maybe then it was carried or put onto a secondary vehicle.

As a kid I had rules I had to abide by. I had to stay in the courtyard with friends, couldn't ride my bike behind the apartments buildings etc. etc. However, as much as I knew the rules I did stray on many occasions figuring my parents would NEVER find out.

I fear Madyson may have tempted fate and strayed from her area. I wouldn't be surprised.

I just want her found quickly. Time is ticking.

I'm worried that possibly some kid found an abandoned scooter and rode it to the beach, giving a false trail. Maybe then it was carried or put onto a secondary vehicle.

Raises a good question. Was it HER scent or the scooter scent that was followed to the beach? Were they one and the same at the time of the search with dogs?

Normally, we usually end up finding the kids out and about or on skates and scooters have gone to see 'friends' and met the wrong people. Like little Jorelys and like Jenise Wright. But the video and the scent trail seems to indicate that she made it to the beach. Very worrisome. I am very worried that someone snatched her up in the parking lot, maybe?

Why would she bother to go to the parking lot across the street from the Boardwalk? Nothing there for a child and she doesn't have to go through it to get to the Boardwalk. More likely she would walk along Beach Street straight to the entrance of the Boardwalk, and Beach Street is always busy.

If you're fully focused on keeping your child safe, don't ever let them get in a car, or get in a body of water deeper than their knees without wearing a life jacket.

I know that sounds silly, but your child is SO much more at risk from those things, than being grabbed by a stranger and murdered. And it must be terrifying in retrospect that you were approached by a serial killer - but you got away is the thing. That's what we need to teach our kids, IMHO - when they sense danger, get away fast. Studies of children who have survived stranger kidnappings show clearly that they knew they were in danger and didn't retreat because they had been taught to obey adults, or it would be socially awkward to turn and run and yell. Strangers don't chase children down who are running away and screaming - they lure them in and get them in quietly. Children should be taught - IMHO - to be bold and not obey someone just because they are an adult. I was a free range child, as probably most were in my generation, and I know the feeling of being approached by someone who means you harm. And I think almost all children can sense that. Not that there aren't some who are literally grabbed while they're walking along, but usually it's a luring process. How many times do we hear communities in an uproar because a few kids in a row have been approached by strangers inviting them into the car? Thank goodness the kids who were witnesses knew to get out of there.

I agree. I taught this to my child. Even if the stranger wears a badge, do not assume they are right. I taught her to speak out if she feels uncomfortable and to scream "fire" if she is really fearful.

Blindly following orders when your gut tells you there is danger is not good. Which I why I taught her to follow her gut. Bad people wear many disguises and we rob our children of the tools of discretion when we insist they obey all adults or authority figures.

Why would she bother to go to the parking lot across the street from the Boardwalk? Nothing there for a child and she doesn't have to go through it to get to the Boardwalk. More likely she would walk along Beach Street straight to the entrance of the Boardwalk, and Beach Street is always busy.

Maybe there was some empty space in the parking lot where she could ride her scooter.

My gut feeling on this case is that she was lured by someone familiar to her and did not venture far. The area is busy and if a stranger snatched her up, someone would have heard or seen something. I fear she's hidden somewhere on the Tannery.

There's also a big university in Santa Cruz , many hostels, and the woods happen quickly . In a matter of minutes you are in a forest . A lot of sketchy trailer parks in these woods . As someone said earlier the Hillside strangler in the 80's was in the Santa Cruz , Felton area . Just seems like a Mecca for sickos. I never feel comfortable when I'm there . I guess my personal experience in that town is to blame but as soon as I hear Santa Cruz "missing girl" my stomach flipped .

I think the "beach" is actually the river beach based upon this news report. "this is the wooded area that canine units were able to pick up her scent, but the scent unfortunately went cold right at the beach" and the camera pans to the river.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Madyson-Maddy-Middleton-Santa-Cruz-Missing-318630721.html

(also some interesting local comments under the article)

If it's a river beach, not the ocean beach by the boardwalk, it seems more likely a local person would be the abductor (if this is indeed an abduction).

I'm still thinking she was lured somewhere in that complex rather than taken away. I just hope LE can find her soon.

JMO.

Sorry to ask again but is there a map for this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member