Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a report upthread, that Madyson was supposed to have a playdate with a friend from the complex. And she was playing outside on her scooter...then at some point the other mom called and said that Madyson was missing. Do I have that right? Beczuase it is kind of confusing. Was MM supposed to go meet the friend, or was she waiting for her? I can't see why MM would head off to the beach without her friend. My kids ALWAYS wanted to be with their friends at age 8. I cant see her scooting off alone when she could have done so with her friend. So what happened?

FBI joins search for missing Santa Cruz 8-year-old girl
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...-residents-search-for-missing-8-year-old-girl

View attachment 78877
Madyson’s mother, Laura Jordan, hasn’t seen her daughter since Sunday afternoon. (Dan Coyro -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

Snip

"The scooter has not been recovered, nor has any other evidence of anything Maddy had with her Sunday, Blaschke said.

Madyson was visiting her mother, Laura Jordan, who lives at the Tannery Arts Center.

Jordan, 42, described her daughter as a vocal and smart girl who loves swimming and dancing and has a dog. Jordan, who has lived at the Tannery for about six years, said there are about 350 people living at the Tannery and just about everybody knows each other.

“She knows not to ride around the back of the building because it’s heroin highway,” Jordan said Monday morning.

Jordan said Sunday afternoon Maddy was underneath the window playing. She was supposed to have a play date with another little girl from the complex. While communicating with the child’s mother, she realized Maddy was missing.

She said a group of 200 folks fanned out again this morning. Jordan said her daughter has never gone exploring at the river alone, which they call Fairy Glen.

The back of the residential facility at the center is next to a concrete path and a heavily wooded area that leads to the river. The center is across the street from the city’s Homeless Services Center. The area is known for criminal problems relating to drugs and homeless issues.

Jordan said she believes the Tannery Arts Center is safe, but thinks the area outside the center is not and that Maddy knew to stay inside the complex."

BBM - just reading these words made me heartsick. Sounds like a risky place for a child to be playing outside.

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

(Hmmmm, crap, sorry about that, going into class, maybe someone can pls flag the post and notify a mod to fix it, tia! If not, I'll do it asap after classes tonight!)

Hoping to see found safe!!!!

:praying:

FBI joins search for missing Santa Cruz 8-year-old girl
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...-residents-search-for-missing-8-year-old-girl

View attachment 78877
Madyson’s mother, Laura Jordan, hasn’t seen her daughter since Sunday afternoon. (Dan Coyro -- Santa Cruz Sentinel)

Snip

"The scooter has not been recovered, nor has any other evidence of anything Maddy had with her Sunday, Blaschke said.

Madyson was visiting her mother, Laura Jordan, who lives at the Tannery Arts Center.

Jordan, 42, described her daughter as a vocal and smart girl who loves swimming and dancing and has a dog. Jordan, who has lived at the Tannery for about six years, said there are about 350 people living at the Tannery and just about everybody knows each other.

“She knows not to ride around the back of the building because it’s heroin highway,” Jordan said Monday morning.

Jordan said Sunday afternoon Maddy was underneath the window playing. She was supposed to have a play date with another little girl from the complex. While communicating with the child’s mother, she realized Maddy was missing.

She said a group of 200 folks fanned out again this morning. Jordan said her daughter has never gone exploring at the river alone, which they call Fairy Glen.

The back of the residential facility at the center is next to a concrete path and a heavily wooded area that leads to the river. The center is across the street from the city’s Homeless Services Center. The area is known for criminal problems relating to drugs and homeless issues.

Jordan said she believes the Tannery Arts Center is safe, but thinks the area outside the center is not and that Maddy knew to stay inside the complex."

So she did live AT the Tannery WITH her mother? For some reason earlier, I thought she lived in the nearby apartments. Children are allowed to live at the center?

Or surely this morning when people arrived at the beach they would see tracks, trails from her scooter, her scooter or her helmet somewhere, right? The beach just doesn't work out in my mind. Maybe that is because the beach would mean so dire an outcome and I'm in denial :(

ETA Wait ... is the beach the same beach the boardwalk amusement park is on ?

ETAA Or when they say dogs followed her scent to the beach , do they mean the river bed? Which is dry , right?
yes it is the same beach the boardwalk is on and there is a paved trail all the way. Lots of people around on the beach and at the boardwalk even when it is dark. However once you get to the boardwalk and you are on boardwalk property there is a lot of security... However all the trail along the river well there are sketchy characters and we don't have this happen here so that is why we are in shock right now in SC but you can't say any transients or something has gone wrong along the San Lorenzo River besides her falling in. The river is flowing and she could have fallen in. My friend who works near the Soot she went missing said there is a huge police presence and helicopters and FBI came to her work Bc they are combing every area.

So she did live AT the Tannery WITH her mother? For some reason earlier, I thought she lived in the nearby apartments. Children are allowed to live at the center?
it is apartments... A housing community... It is really nice actually. Lots of families. There is an income limit to qualify... Like u can't make over a certain amount but it is pretty high Bc housing here is so so so unbelievably expensive.

the beach is a driving distance away, it is a long walk. i live in san jose but it is very close, just over the hill. i have driven highway 9 (scenic route) and passed right by this place.

Looks like there's an unnamed road or path between the center and the river.
View attachment 78846

It it also looks like there are beachy areas by the water. For example, you can see the art center marked, and in the foreground of this image is a beachhead area by the water. It's beige in color. Certainly there must be a path leading down to it. There may be tons of these, or just this one. I can't tell.
View attachment 78847

Yes mom lives at the apartments.

Maybe just bad reporting?

Oh wait I was wrong, there are apartments at the Tannery Arts Center.

I'm guessing the ' tannery' and the ' apartments' are one and the same and interchangeable. That first report saying Maddy ' visited' her mom at the Tannery is where things are getting messed up.

didn't they say she was visiting her mom?

Oh wait I was wrong, there are apartments at the Tannery Arts Center.

a nationally known non-profit developer of affordable space for artists and arts organizations. In addition to the residential lofts, the community transformed five historic tannery buildings into studio space for Santa Cruz artists.
https://jscotannery.com/

Google says 2.3 miles, not really all that far at all. It's 10 minutes drive with stops and traffic but to cut straight across not far. Good thinking, but I would hope she would know not to go that far alone or hope that since she's lived there, shes' been multiple times and it was not enough of a lure to go on her own.
Yes the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (small Disneyland) is not far from River Street at all...

maybe her and her friends decided to go down to the beach and something went wrong? Have they located these so called friends that she was with?

The beach extends down in front of the Boardwalk. You can get to either once you are at the Boardwalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop