Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. :( Jenise was early August of last year. My daughter was 6 and a rising first grader just like Jenise, and we live in the same state she did. It was SO painful to follow that story. We actually found a lovely way to honor Jenise last year, which helped. it was reported how much she loved school. My daughter didn't know what happened to her but gathered enough info to realize that Jenise was her age, and wouldn't get to pick out her school supplies (a HUGE deal for my kid!) and go to first grade. So she suggested we pick out supplies and send them to Jenise's school for someone who may need them in honor of Jenise. Once we did it we decided we'd do it every year. I think this year we'll do the same for Madyson.

I love that idea!! Thoughtful girl you have there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Appears there are no outstanding suspects" Chief Vogel
Suspect is 15
Detained for investigation of homicide
Dumpster is located inside structure, garage behind him in an enclosed area

They don't know if she was there the whole time or won't say...
Coroner will determine cause of death
People in complex saw suspect with M, will be interviewing them
Bringing this forward.

Damn, we lost another one. This is my first time back at Websleuths since becoming a mom 6 months ago. I am semi-local so this one brought me back but my mama heart can't handle this. I wish there had been a different outcome.

Isn't it crazy how having a child makes every news story a million times worse? Before having a child, things were upsetting. But now it's devastating. My heart goes out to Maddy's family right now.

I just listened to the presser by Capt. (?) Vogel.

He said the dumpster is behind the red doors in the garage. They are a brighter red that the "barn red" seen in abundance. So the right side of the mailboxes, in the pic that I posted, not the double "barn red" doors that I was originally looking at.

He also said something about the condition of her body. I won't repeat his exact words - and I am only thinking the worst based on reading between the lines of those words - that this is going to be horribly tragic.

Rest, Little One...

This comment is horrifying on so many levels. Also, could be why the man was throwing up in the bushes. She has been only missing for 24 hours. What did this boy do to her?

"Detectives will remain on the scene throughout the night serving search warrants and sifting through evidence.
Vogel said it’s difficult to tell what the young girl’s clothing looks like, but they believe they have found Maddy."

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...year-old-girl-found-dead-in-santa-cruz-search

Anyone have a link to the presser? Sorry if it was posted already, but I can't seem to find it.

This comment is horrifying on so many levels. Also, could be why the man was throwing up in the bushes. She has been only missing for 24 hours. What did this boy do to her?

"Detectives will remain on the scene throughout the night serving search warrants and sifting through evidence.
Vogel said it’s difficult to tell what the young girl’s clothing looks like, but they believe they have found Maddy."

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...year-old-girl-found-dead-in-santa-cruz-search

Yup. Those were the words that just gutted me.

I'm confused...if there is video of her riding her scooter near the mailboxes, why isn't there video of her going through that door??

Yeah. :( Jenise was early August of last year. My daughter was 6 and a rising first grader just like Jenise, and we live in the same state she did. It was SO painful to follow that story. We actually found a lovely way to honor Jenise last year, which helped. it was reported how much she loved school. My daughter didn't know what happened to her but gathered enough info to realize that Jenise was her age, and wouldn't get to pick out her school supplies (a HUGE deal for my kid!) and go to first grade. So she suggested we pick out supplies and send them to Jenise's school for someone who may need them in honor of Jenise. Once we did it we decided we'd do it every year. I think this year we'll do the same for Madyson. ETA: I absolutely need to take long breaks from WS, until another child's story pulls me back in. There seem to be so many missing kids right now. :(

Your daughter sounds like a beautiful person

what in the H E L L ????? oh come on..... this is gonna be a really bad one.... sigh ....

I hope the mom is not staying at this property. I can not imagine being so close to my deceased child and not being able to be with her or being stuck behind police tape waiting for someone to come and take her.

I think maybe not all of her clothes were found on her body. :( Sadly that would not be surprising.

"Maddy was waiting for a friend to finish a board game so they could play together, and rode the scooter under her friend’s window, her mother said. At 5:07 p.m. a surveillance video shows Maddy riding her scooter near a cluster of metal mailboxes at the base of a red, four-story apartment building at the Tannery.

Then she disappeared."

That is what I was wondering about earlier. She was scooting around, wAiting for her playdate, and she was distracted and lured away by a 'friend.' So heartbreaking. And the other little girl and her mother must feel horrible. :cry::cry:

I just listened to the presser by Capt. (?) Vogel.

He said the dumpster is behind the red doors in the garage. They are a brighter red that the "barn red" seen in abundance. So the right side of the mailboxes, in the pic that I posted, not the double "barn red" doors that I was originally looking at.

He also said something about the condition of her body. I won't repeat his exact words - and I am only thinking the worst based on reading between the lines of those words - that this is going to be horribly tragic.

Rest, Little One...
Is there a link to Capt Vogels presser?

I hope the mom is not staying at this property. I can not imagine being so close to my deceased child and not being able to be with her or being stuck behind police tape waiting for someone to come and take her.
She needs VERY careful handling right now, imo. I hope she has endless support and no internet...

I feel terrible for the family of the suspect as well, what are they going through tonight? Unimaginable.

Is there a link to Capt Vogels presser?

http://kron4.com/watch-kron-4-newscasts/

Scroll to 13:15:40 - it will start after the "We will be right back" screen.

But as the poster who originally posted this link, that could change at any time. So if you are reading this thread hours after this post (or even days) I doubt you will find it. Hopefully there will be a dedicated video soon.

She needs VERY careful handling right now, imo. I hope she has endless support and no internet...
I feel terrible for the family of the suspect as well, what are they going through tonight? Unimaginable.

I wonder if this boy has a prior history. I feel for his family, but, if he has had issues before---well, then I would want the adults held accountable.

RIP Madyson [emoji257]

This is awful news. Prayers & condolences to family & friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth