Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She needs VERY careful handling right now, imo. I hope she has endless support and no internet...

I feel terrible for the family of the suspect as well, what are they going through tonight? Unimaginable.

It looks like the community there is very close and supportive. I think they will do their best to care for her.

I feel bad for the suspect's family too.

What an unimaginable nightmare for everyone.

The 11:00 news made it sound like they couldn't tell about her clothing because they hadn't removed her from the dumpster yet, still processing the scene. They will be gathering evidence through the night. It's also possible he killed her elsewhere and moved her and that's why her scent was found in other places.

Before we assume the worst let's remember she was found in a dumpster.
It is possible her clothes are covered and they can't identify them yet.
They may have only uncovered enough to check a pulse and try to identify her.

The rest won't be done until they take her out... which will be done delicately.
They don't know what near her is evidence so it will all have to be sorted and cataloged.

This comment is horrifying on so many levels. Also, could be why the man was throwing up in the bushes. She has been only missing for 24 hours. What did this boy do to her?

"Detectives will remain on the scene throughout the night serving search warrants and sifting through evidence.
Vogel said it’s difficult to tell what the young girl’s clothing looks like, but they believe they have found Maddy."

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...year-old-girl-found-dead-in-santa-cruz-search

"UPDATE 10:44 P.M.: When reporters asked if the clothing on the victim matched the clothing Madyson was wearing when last seen Sunday evening, Vogel stated that it’s too soon to be certain.
“The way the body is situated in the dumpster where she was located, it’s difficult to tell what the clothing looks like from our vantage point right now,” Vogel said.
He added that investigators are in a “holding pattern” while they prepare to process the crime scene."

http://kron4.com/2015/07/27/santa-cruz-police-searching-for-missing-8-year-old/

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned a man throwing up in the bushes. I watched video footage and didn't see this. What were you watching when you saw this? Thanks!

The reporter stated that the man in the green shirt, next to the suspect's screaming mother, was puking in the bushes.

Another article states that an officer found the body. Maybe Green Shirt is the suspect's dad and he's freaking out over his son's arrest and possible involvement?

Poor Maddy. She did not deserve this fate. Her poor family.
Not the outcome any of us wanted. :(

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned a man throwing up in the bushes. I watched video footage and didn't see this. What were you watching when you saw this? Thanks!

The reporter said a man threw up in the bushes but I never saw the man puking, thankfully. :) the reporter saw it and relayed that piece of info to us, from what I can tell.

I wonder if the suspect took the scooter to the beach and that is what the dogs hit on?

The reporter stated that the man in the green shirt, next to the suspect's screaming mother, was puking in the bushes.

Another article states that an officer found the body. Maybe Green Shirt is the suspect's dad and he's freaking out over his son's arrest and possible involvement?

What a heartbreaking thought. I bet my husband would be throwing up in the bushes if our son was in that horrible position. God Forbid.

Looks like that door probably leads into the parking garage below the apartments. The dumpster is most-likely in there somewhere, along with the stairway.

Just to clarify- it was a police officer who discovered her on the 2nd search around 8p.m.

RIP baby girl. I'm sorry. :(

"Maddy was waiting for a friend to finish a board game so they could play together, and rode the scooter under her friend’s window, her mother said. At 5:07 p.m. a surveillance video shows Maddy riding her scooter near a cluster of metal mailboxes at the base of a red, four-story apartment building at the Tannery.

Then she disappeared."

That is what I was wondering about earlier. She was scooting around, wAiting for her playdate, and she was distracted and lured away by a 'friend.' So heartbreaking. And the other little girl and her mother must feel horrible. :cry::cry:

http://www.ksbw.com/news/8yearold-madyson-middleton-found-dead-santa-cruz-police-chief-says/34390742

Madyson was last seen riding her white Razor scooter at 4:12 p.m. Sunday outside the apartment building. Her mother realized the girl was missing less than an hour later, and called police. Law enforcers and volunteers immediately began searching.

People are saying it would be impossible for the kid to have moved the body to the dumpster after the first searches began. But I am wondering still. Would LE be preventing people from throwing out their garbage in the middle of the night? Could she have been hidden in his closet or somewhere? Did they search all of the neighbors units?

I just saw this case this evening on my facebook page and started reading. At that time Madyson hadn't been found nor an arrest. So terribly heartbreaking. My deepest sympathy and condolences go out to her loved ones.

Rest in peace dear child.

24looxc.jpg

Same lady. Same shirt. Same cane. Wonder if she's very close to both the victim and the suspect's families?

People are saying it would be impossible for the kid to have moved the body to the dumpster after the first searches began. But I am wondering still. Would LE be preventing people from throwing out their garbage in the middle of the night? Could she have been hidden in his closet or somewhere? Did they search all of the neighbors units?

Fwiw, I don't believe it's impossible. Difficult for sure, but I believe a teenager would know every square inch of the property and have sneaky skills. I know I was quite a ninja at 14 and had 800 acres memorized, though obviously I did not move any bodies.

I wonder where the suspect's unit is in relation to the dumpster. In a "moved after search" scenario, he could have watched the activity and bolted into action (window, back door?) at a time when the dumpster area was unattended. It would be risky....but 14 year olds take chances.

On the fence here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member