Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every child needs an advocate like you. Why would a kindergartner have to "sit out"? What does that punishment mean or prove?
We had a wonderful 4th grade teacher at our small, rural school who had the children run laps around the spirts field every morning and again after lunch, weather permitting. Every year her class was so engaged in, enjoyed, and excelled in learning. None of the other teachers followed her lead.

Where I live "sit out" simply means holding back for a year or red-shirting. Perhaps, that's what she meant?

Off topic...She sounds like a wonderful teacher. Physical activity is so incredibly important for kids and sadly our schools are sedentary nowadays.

Kk
"There is currently no scientific evidence that supports the existence of the sanpaku eyes phenomenon. There is also no evidence to suggest that many of the listed conditions, such as the overconsumption of grain, are related to sclera visibility.[original research?] Additionally, searching the term “sanpaku” does not yield any results in any mainstream psychological or medical journals.[original research?]
The populariser of the sanpaku eyes phenomenon, George Ohsawa, did not have any training in the medical field, and is thus not qualified[original research?] to make diagnoses or medically related predictions. In a similar vein, Ohsawa also does not provide any explanations for the supposed links between particular physical ailments, mental disorders, personality types and the different types of sanpaku (e.g.: why exactly is a visible upper sclera indicative of psychosis?[original research?]). Ohsawa also makes note of some famous people with sanpaku eyes, such as Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Martin Luther King Jr., Abraham Lincoln, and John F. Kennedy, and insinuates that their demise was linked to the visible sclera under their eyes.[3]
However, there is no mention of people (both famous and non-famous) with this characteristic that do not adhere to the list of symptoms.[original research?] Making observations on famous people exclusively results in a biased and non-random sample, from which results or observations cannot be generalized.[original research?] It is highly likely that many (if not most) people with sanpaku live healthy and normal lives.[original research?]
In order to test this phenomenon, a scientific approach would be to acquire a random sample, whose sclera visibility would be compared to their medical history.[original research?]"
http://self.gutenberg.org/articles/sanpaku

It sounds like there is currently no scientific proof that sanpaku is a valid condition simply because there have been no scientific studies on the theory. I do think there is some correlation with health, however.

I think that, second to Maddy's family, I am so sympathetic to all the people who knew him, played in band with him, thought of him as a friend, and of course his family.

Honestly, who ever thinks the people they love could do a thing like this?

But really, I feel for those kids of a tender age who spent every school day with him and may be wondering if they should have been able to "tell" that there was something "off".

On his now-deleted IG account there was a recently posted video of him and a beautiful girl skate boarding, having a great time. When I saw his old FB account, I looked through his friends and found an account of one who looked like this girl. I wasn't sleuthing her, obviously, but she stuck out when I saw her. I felt so so bad for her.

Howl at the Moon for Mady tonight 8:30 pm PDT. :wolf2: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:

The mother of an 8-year-old Santa Cruz girl who was murdered earlier this week invited the community to howl at the moon in honor of her daughter, who loved wolves.Friday's moon is a special blue moon that only happens once every few years.
"At 8:30 tonight, from your homes or places that you wish to, please howl. Post your howlin' text, pics, vids, soundbytes, and tag it #HowlForMaddy," a message from the mother said.

Shall we do a "howl" roll call from wherever we are here on WS? Maybe post the wolf with your location. It's getting late on the east coast. You could start howling any time.

http://m.ksbw.com/news/madysons-mother-invites-santa-cruz-community-to-howl-at-moon/34471660

I suppose people could also post their "howls" to this page in addition:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/findmaddie/?pnref=story

A 15-year-old boy charged as an adult with raping and killing his 8-year-old neighbor in California is too young to understand what he is accused of doing, youth advocacy groups said Friday.
“There is no way on earth that a 15-year-old could have fully comprehended what he was doing,” said Barry Krisberg, a University of California, Berkeley criminologist who has long been involved with juvenile law in California.

“He might be able to recount the events that resulted, but the notion that he comprehended the consequences of his action flies in the face of all the science we know,” Krisberg said.
Harriet Salarno, board chairwoman of Crime Victims United of California, supported the prosecutors’ decision to try Gonzalez as an adult.

“This young man knew what he was doing,” she said. “He had planned it, he knew her. It wasn’t just in the heat of passion or anything. It should be tried and let the jury decide.”

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...erry-gonzalez-charged-as-adult-rape-homicide/

I've had to delete my thoughts three times now - let's just say I'm not on board with the advocates.

BBM

Too young to understand what he is accused of doing?????

Has the bar been lowered so much that society can't expect that a 15 year old should know that luring, raping, bludgeoning, strangling, and murdering an 8 year old little girl is not only WRONG, but EVIL?????

He isn't a toddler for crying out loud! He's 15 years old. At his developmental stage, he knows right from wrong. IMO, Barry Krisberg is an idiot - I don't care if he graduated from Berkeley.

@Lilibet,
I love that howling concept! Like a Primal Scream. I hope they can hear Santa Cruz howling all the way to San Francisco.

Kk

It sounds like there is currently no scientific proof that sanpaku is a valid condition because there have been no scientific studies on the theory. I do think there is some correlation with health, however.

Why do you think there is a correlation to health and people that show more eye whites?
Just curious.
I mean, knowing that it's a superstition with no basis in fact and all.

@Lilibet,
I love that howling concept! Like a Primal Scream. I hope they can hear Santa Cruz howling all the way to San Francisco.

Thanks! I hope so too.

I've suggested roll calls before on WS for candlelight vigils and such and it is so moving to see everyone here participating. So I hope Laura's Mom might hear our howling for Mady from all over the world.

Kk

It sounds like there is currently no scientific proof that sanpaku is a valid condition simply because there have been no scientific studies on the theory. I do think there is some correlation with health, however.

Graves' Disease is a condition that causes bulging eyes, but I don't know that I would refer to it as 'sanpaku eyes'.

Why do you think there is a correlation to health and people that show more eye whites?
Just curious.

The article I linked to was an interview with an ophthalmologist and professor.
I mean, he probably knows his facts.

Disturbing question

Was she raped "classically" or only by instrument? Couldn't really pick that up from what I read.

Just curious.

But we don't know that it's a "superstition with no basis in fact and all" if a scientific study has yet to be done on the subject.
My reason for thinking the theory has some (as yet untested) merit was what I posted on #889: "I didn't intend to imply it was a scientific conclusion, but I realize I didn't state it was JMO, either. For the record, it is JMO. However, many decades ago I worked in my father's law office and I found a book in the library there about the sexual criminal. I think (but not positive) it was actual titled The Sexual Criminal. It had pages and pages of pictures of sexual deviants that had what I refer to as "sanpaku eyes". That was not the term used in the book to the best of my recollection, but it was the look, and that look was discussed as a feature of the sexual deviant. It chilled me to the bone and I've never forgotten it."

BBM

Too young to understand what he is accused of doing?????

Has the bar been lowered so much that society can't expect that a 15 year old should know that luring, raping, bludgeoning, strangling, and murdering an 8 year old little girl is not only WRONG, but EVIL?????

He isn't a toddler for crying out loud! He's 15 years old. At his developmental stage, he knows right from wrong. IMO, Barry Krisberg is an idiot - I don't care if he graduated from Berkeley.

Yet a 19 year old married woman who gets pregnant by another man during an affair is just a baby who made a mistake.

Where I live "sit out" simply means holding back for a year or red-shirting. Perhaps, that's what she meant?

Off topic...She sounds like a wonderful teacher. Physical activity is so incredibly important for kids and sadly our schools are sedentary nowadays.

Lol, no, it means "taking a break". When kids get frustrated and upset or cannot control their bodies, they are (or were, back then) asked to take a break and come sit. Or "sit out".

It is still obviously something a child feels stigmatized about, even if it is done to give the child a chance to "chill".

In my own classroom, I will usually invite a child to come sit with me while we work over a lesson. Sometimes we just work, sometimes I will open up the dialogue so they can talk to me about what is upsetting them. It depends on the child and the situation. But it is always a private invitation, not intended to make an "example" of the child, but to offer one-on-one time.

Yet a 19 year old married woman who gets pregnant by another man during an affair is just a baby who made a mistake.

Your point is... ?

This thread is about an 8 year old child who was brutally raped and murdered by a 15 year old boy. If the intent is to shock the posters/readers here with something outrageous, that ship has already sailed. There isn't much that is more shocking than this heinous crime.

BTW - baiting is against TOS.

HOWL HOWL HOWL for beautiful, beloved MATYSON!
San Francisco, CA

HOWLING FOR MADDY from Ashland, Oregon. It's still light and I don't see the moon yet, but her Mom is howling right now, so I howl. Please join me in a WS Howl Roll Call. (See post 924)
image.jpg

I, too, think he knew exactly what he was doing.

Based on what I've read in these threads about AJG, I think his thirst for attention was unquenchable. I think he volunteered at the camp and also performed yo-yo demos for the kids in order to be the center of attention. I think he expressed fake suicidal threats to get attention. As time went on, his usual manipulations had lost their power, so he sought the most heinous method he could think of - viciously raping and killing a child - in order to bring the attention back to himself.

IMO, in his mind, it was a glorious event - watching all the heartbreaking chaos around him, knowing he was the creator of the horrid pandemonium. I don't think he cared who he hurt or how much pain and suffering he caused, as long as he was once again the center of attention, even though it was the worst kind of attention possible. As long as he was the 'star', nothing else mattered.

I was thinking about what you said earlier as well . About the joy he got from this perversion.

Looking at the different things about psychopaths posted in here, one of the things is that they are not worried about getting caught. They think they will get away with it. I think he thinks he was going to use his adorable I am so sad, sweet and suicidal to get out of his little whoopsie.

I do wonder why he ran though. He was riight there when they found her. Why run? Or is that part of his act somehow?

:wolf2::wolf2:

We have many 15 and 16 year-old females on these boards who are complicit in their crimes but are still victims. By that logic, a perp who is 15 ought to be afforded the same consideration.

I, myself, am more of the school of thought that a 15-year-old girl who is complicit in a crime is also old enough to know better and therefore should not be babied becuase of her age.(think two years ago in California-river of no return)

And neither should the murderer AJG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members