CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, first time posting. If we find out that the shooting happened from inside the tent I feel like that would indicate that the shooting was a hit or from someone who knew TB because that seems like they were taking care not to hurt the girls. If the shooting happened from outside the tent (especiallly if it's from a long distance) I feel like it indicates a random shooter since it would be harder to shoot accurately, which could mean the shooter did not care about who was hit or about confirming TBs death.

What do you think?

I agree with that. It makes sense.

Hey everyone, first time posting. If we find out that the shooting happened from inside the tent I feel like that would indicate that the shooting was a hit or from someone who knew TB because that seems like they were taking care not to hurt the girls. If the shooting happened from outside the tent (especiallly if it's from a long distance) I feel like it indicates a random shooter since it would be harder to shoot accurately, which could mean the shooter did not care about who was hit or about confirming TBs death.

What do you think?
Theoretically a random person could have climbed inside the tent for some reason and shot him for some reason. But I think that is highly unlikely. It doesn't make much since that he could have been shot from inside the tent, with his daughters, next to him and other campers near by. If that was the case it would have also been likely that the shooter would have been captured. It's pretty hard to enter a crowded campsite, kill someone and get away without anybody seeing. It makes much more sense that this was just a random bullet that entered the tent.

Hello. I'm brand new. Just signed up.

This case is really interesting to me because I used to live in the area and frequently traveled on those roads.

Anyway, apologies if someone has already brought this up but it made me remember Elaine Park. The location where her car was found was only about 8 miles (by road) south of the campground, and she's never been found.

Welcome here!!! Can you tell us about the campground and roads? Are the roads very dark at night? Someone else mentioned street lamps. Do you recall how illuminated the area is? What about the campground. Is it a dark hole as you go by at night or is there light?

If it is true that they have a description - I wonder whether they then decided to first try to figure it out themselves before asking the public to identify a possible description/sketch. Another option is that they have a suspect but not enough to proof it yet so an early release of info would hurt their case if they need more evidence.

Welcome to Websleuths!

That's an interesting possible connection.

Here's the route from the campground to the general area where Park's car was found. Apparently her boyfriend lived in Calabasas. Google Maps

I added an approximation as to where Mitrice Richardson was found in 2010, although LE stated they did not find evidence of homicide:
Google Maps

Welcome here!!! Can you tell us about the campground and roads? Are the roads very dark at night? Someone else mentioned street lamps. Do you recall how illuminated the area is? What about the campground. Is it a dark hole as you go by at night or is there light?
The main road (Las Virgenes Canyon Road) has some street lights, but there are not any large businesses or anything else along the road to add lighting at night, so it's pretty dark in between the street lights.

The campground has minimal lighting at night. The bathrooms have lights but I don't recall any other lighting there so it would be quite dark. There are some administrative offices located between the Canyon Road and the campground that would likely have lighting at night but they're not particularly close to the campground itself.

The main road (Las Virgenes Canyon Road) has some street lights, but there are not any large businesses or anything else along the road to add lighting at night, so it's pretty dark in between the street lights.

The campground has minimal lighting at night. The bathrooms have lights but I don't recall any other lighting there so it would be quite dark. There are some administrative offices located between the Canyon Road and the campground that would likely have lighting at night but they're not particularly close to the campground itself.

Thanks for that! In your opinion, would someone be able to navigate the park on foot at night to do a shooting, and then get back on foot to car parked on the road or elsewhere, if they didn't know the park well? Could they scope out the campground during the day and be able to navigate it at night if they didn't know the park intimately well?

From the tweet text: "Skull&bones=bodies found, gun=gunshot locations."

Holy smokes. What dead bodies? It looks like he has a location for Mitrice but who are the other three? One must be TB, but two others? And it's kind of jarring to see the icons like that. It's pretty clustered around the campsite.

Thanks for that! In your opinion, would someone be able to navigate the park on foot at night to do a shooting, and then get back on foot to car parked on the road or elsewhere, if they didn't know the park well? Could they scope out the campground during the day and be able to navigate it at night if they didn't know the park intimately well?

IMO, yes. The campground is pretty wide open and the roads are paved and wide for RVs. Very easy to walk around, even in the dark, if you just stayed on the paved roads.

Holy smokes. What dead bodies? It looks like he has a location for Mitrice but who are the other three? One must be TB, but two others? And it's kind of jarring to see the icons like that. It's pretty clustered around the campsite.

The three at the top are Mitrice (I think maybe where she was last seen?), TB, and the guy found at the Hindu temple earlier. I'm not sure who the one in the lower right corner is.

ETA: Is that where Mitrice's remains were found?

IMO, yes. The campground is pretty wide open and the roads are paved and wide for RVs. Very easy to walk around, even in the dark, if you just stayed on the paved roads.

Thank you!!! So the shooter of TB doesn't necessarily have to be a local or someone super familiar with the park.

Bing Maps has images of the campground.
Maps

Thank you!!! So the shooter of TB doesn't necessarily have to be a local or someone super familiar with the park.

No, I wouldn't think so. This campground is also located directly off the main highway so it's not at all hidden or difficult to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member