CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BLUESNEAKERS...may be separate accidents however unlikely it may seem.

LM's post was 3 hours ago (around 7 pm, Malibu time) something like: Reports of a driver deliberately driving off the cliff off Malibu Canyon. Witnesses just texted me.
Waiting for video of the area. Developing story.

Last edited:
7/9/18 meeting w/ Mayor Mullen re: $5K reward proposal....
https://www.malibucity.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/3333?fileID=4800
IMO would be great if Allergan who offered support to family and even a small % over the goal add to reward to hopefully help get this case solved of who did this terrible act and to help make Malibu Creek State Park safe again.

AS HE SLEPT "In the early morning hours of Friday, June 22, 2018, Tristan Beaudette was shot and killed as he slept in his tent with his two young daughters while on a camping trip at Malibu Creek State Park..."

IMO, if 2 Dads (or Moms) let 2 toddlers and 2 pre-schoolers/pre-K ride their bikes or play in a double car parking spot at a public campground that would be incredibly unsafe, not to mention against camp policy. Camp Hosts are known to give tickets or warn campers if they are not following the rules and there was a Camp Host on site that night. Anyone can enter the campground- pay $12 for day parking fee, and campground is known for guests visiting other campers and not sleeping there. In fact that makes no sense to me that in a beautiful campground, the playing area would be a double parking spot, but that's my opinion.
IMO, why leave #51 empty at night with the tent so close to parking spot, as other people could "borrow" vacant spots even it's reserved for others and even if it's for a few minutes- could wake up the kids.
IMO, #51 could have had visitors parked in #51 and departed sometime prior to LE arriving.
IMO, car of left side in #49 car appears to have a little girl's bike and a woman's cruiser bike on the roof. There could have been a dog there as well as dogs are allowed at campsite but who knows.
IMO, I see 2 kids' chairs, and 3-4 Adult chairs.
IMO, campsites #49 and especially #51 are tidy for 2 Dads with 4 little kids. They must have a bunch of stuff in their cars that IMO are parked as if they only had 2 parking spots with reservation.
Per Allergan statement, victim left company "last week- as of 6/25/18" so could have been week of camping. Colleagues or family or friends of #49 and/or #51 could have come to the campsite to visit- Afterall, victim and family were planning to move out of area per family statement to "start new life" and "start new chapter;" "final step..." The Adults chairs....empty double parking spots...tidy campsite...
IMO, I am not aware of any reward money offered by LE or anyone.
I’ll address a couple of points.
1. Campers don’t “borrow” vacant spots that are paid for by other campers. And this was a crowded campground. Occupied sites have some indicator that they’re occupied.
2. It seems neither site was vacant.
3. We don’t know if the emty parking spaces were empty so kids could play.
I have been at a campground where toddlers were racing each other on Strider bikes! (Little bikes with no pedals) they were zooming down a slight incline on the loop road. At any rate, it would be normal for even little camping kids to play on bicycles; plus, the Malibu campground was flat with easy site lines from many directions. (See the link I posted upthread with photos of every site.) #49 and #51 are about as open as you can get.
There are typically bicyclists big and small in campgrounds: the speed limit is generally 5 mph. Drivers are careful.
4. As i mentioned upthread, the victim was an experienced and meticulous camper. Just look at how tidy and taut that tent is. Anything with any aroma (food, dishes, coolers, etc) looks to have been placed in the car (to discourage animals). There is not a suspicious reason for these details: they are the sign of a thoughtful and knowledgeable camper.
5. I’ve only seen one tent in photos. I don’t believe we’ve seen the second tent.
6. Personally, I like my car near the picnic table. Also, if I’m using a tent. Much easier to load and unload the car. BIL’s car might have been parked next to the victim’s just because both families had meals at the same picnic table. Also, the parking spot for the second site might have been at the far edge, i.e. not compatible with sharing a picnic table.

BLUESNEAKERS...may be separate accidents however unlikely it may seem.

LM's post was 3 hours ago, something like: Reports of a driver deliberately driving off the cliff off Malibu Canyon. Witnesses just texted me.
Waiting for video of the area. Developing story.

How would anyone know know if it was deliberate or not...(sorry catching up)

How commonly do cars go off the cliff in this area/ at this exact spot? Sure anything can happen, DWI, loss of control, falling asleep, texting, etc etc...just seems interesting/suspicious this is the area where a local reported LE possibly collecting shell casings (searching with metal detectors), not to mention everything else. As of now I'm not liking it... Reminds me of accidents in NOCO, which happened to be in the hotzone.

Could be an accident. Or not. And be forewarned that even if someone shot at this car LE might never reveal or be able to confirm this , moo. (Speaking from experience in NOCO, moo.)
(Eta: OK the cave thing sounds wacky even to my own ears.)

I don't know, I don't like it.

Eta: upon further thought, risky, risky, LE swarming (but maybe they've moved out, sure LE is busy, and as locals mentioned can be quite remote)..IF someone took a shot at this car he's got especially good (ground
)cover ▪and escape route, especially now with all the attention.

What about caves? Gah I hate to sound like I'm jumping the gun. (Argh no pun intended). He wouldn't need to be in a cave at night...

Again sorry, could just be an accident. Or not. Still catching up, just saw there was a fatal accident, I might have missed something.

*"witnesses", you say?? Tia
I need to gor back and read. Sorry for the messed up post if not applicable.

Last edited:
Two teenagers were rescued early yesterday by Malibu Search and Rescue team workers after a car crashed over the side of a road in the mountains above Malibu.

The crash happened at about 3 a.m. on Stunt Road about one mile up the mountain from Mulholland Highway.

Two teens -- a 19-year-old man and a 15-year-old girl -- were pulled from the wreckage,.

The young man was airlifted to a hospital while the girl was transferred by an ambulance.
KBUU Newswire Monday July 2: UPDATED 10AM - Malibu Canyon Shootings Update - Puerco Cyn Campground - Verdict In Malibu Woman's Killing in S Africa - 11 Foot Waves Friday

Malibu search and rescue team saves 2 teens after crash in Calabasas
Malibu search and rescue team saves 2 teens after crash in Calabasas – Daily News

eta: I've seen three articles and two FB posts and so far no mention of it being deliberate.
I wonder why It's called Stunt Road?

7/9/18 meeting w/ Mayor Mullen re: $5K reward proposal....
https://www.malibucity.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/3333?fileID=4800
IMO would be great if Allergan who offered support to family and even a small % over the goal add to reward to hopefully help get this case solved of who did this terrible act and to help make Malibu Creek State Park safe again.

AS HE SLEPT "In the early morning hours of Friday, June 22, 2018, Tristan Beaudette was shot and killed as he slept in his tent with his two young daughters while on a camping trip at Malibu Creek State Park..."

How often do rewards actually lead to solving crimes like these, I wonder?

Margarita......What did I miss regarding Caves?

(Nothing, was just asking if there were caves...just popped in my head and I realized it sounded weird...just trying to think where one could hide, have a vantage point, avoid thermal detection, etc...Just a thought...there were dogs though...half asleep...)

(Eta: I only saw the post that said there's been a casualty, haven't caught up on prior posts so if I missed something like drag racing or something please disregard my hinky meter post)

Last edited:
IMO, if 2 Dads (or Moms) let 2 toddlers and 2 pre-schoolers/pre-K ride their bikes or play in a double car parking spot at a public campground that would be incredibly unsafe, not to mention against camp policy. Camp Hosts are known to give tickets or warn campers if they are not following the rules and there was a Camp Host on site that night. Anyone can enter the campground- pay $12 for day parking fee, and campground is known for guests visiting other campers and not sleeping there. In fact that makes no sense to me that in a beautiful campground, the playing area would be a double parking spot, but that's my opinion.
IMO, why leave #51 empty at night with the tent so close to parking spot, as other people could "borrow" vacant spots even it's reserved for others and even if it's for a few minutes- could wake up the kids.
IMO, #51 could have had visitors parked in #51 and departed sometime prior to LE arriving.
IMO, car of left side in #49 car appears to have a little girl's bike and a woman's cruiser bike on the roof. There could have been a dog there as well as dogs are allowed at campsite but who knows.
IMO, I see 2 kids' chairs, and 3-4 Adult chairs.
IMO, campsites #49 and especially #51 are tidy for 2 Dads with 4 little kids. They must have a bunch of stuff in their cars that IMO are parked as if they only had 2 parking spots with reservation.
Per Allergan statement, victim left company "last week- as of 6/25/18" so could have been week of camping. Colleagues or family or friends of #49 and/or #51 could have come to the campsite to visit- Afterall, victim and family were planning to move out of area per family statement to "start new life" and "start new chapter;" "final step..." The Adults chairs....empty double parking spots...tidy campsite...
IMO, I am not aware of any reward money offered by LE or anyone.

I'm not following everything being said here. But I've zoomed in and the parking spots look like they are inset into the campground and could easily and safely be used as a play area.

I'm going to look up camp "rules".

In addition to the points made by Gitana1 in her reply, sometimes a "tipster" will inadvertently reveal himself as a suspect by giving police specific information they have not released to the public. For example, the type and caliber of the gun used to kill TB has not been revealed to the public, so if someone were to reference that accurately it would be very informative to LE.
Right. I just - being new to this page - am amazed at how little info LE is giving us - and at the same time, asking for help. I guess it's common, but for a newbie it's shocking. Do they usually release more information when they have a clue who it is - or when they have no clue who it is?

Here's a video of the campground. I see abolsutely nothing wrong with a parking space being used by the campers for their babies to ride around on trikes. It's perfect for that if not being used by cars. Safe.

(Gitana, I'm freaking out over here, I'm half asleep, did I read correctly a car went over the cliff and a person is dead? In the area of question? Is there any more information yet? Tia.)

Having money doesn’t seem to make one (or one’s children) less likely to murder than the average Joe. There are just generally fewer of them than there are us middle or lower class folks. MOO
Oh, I mentioned the money because someone mentioned they were probably expensive - and yes, they are million dollar + houses. I'm really surprised that having money doesn't make a difference as far as random killers go. I would have thought that feeling disenfranchised and helpless about one's life circumstances would make a difference, and that mental illness would be more prevalent. I don't have statistics but I'd guess that poorer people have a harder time getting their illness treated and are more frustrated in general. At least that's what I've found and seen in my life, and in case studies. But....this only takes one person....

Right. I just - being new to this page - am amazed at how little info LE is giving us - and at the same time, asking for help. I guess it's common, but for a newbie it's shocking. Do they usually release more information when they have a clue who it is - or when they have no clue who it is?

I think neither. Unless they're putting pressure on someone. Or unless they have some info and want tips based on that. Like "we need tips of any vehicles or persons on the side of the road in the early morning hours between 3-6..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste