CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how to phrase this to stay within guidelines.

I have spoken to people in the park who mentioned that it could be related to the continuing issues related to developers wanting to develop there, or near there. Is it okay if I phrase it that way?

Again I feel like I'm getting waaaay ahead of myself.

1. LE has NOT used the word "random" yet.
2. We do not know for sure yet that this was not a targeted killing.
3. We have no confirmation that any other incidents (7) are related yet.

*eta: IF there's a chance other incidents are related, then I suspect there are more than 7, perhaps at another location(s).

I’ll address a couple of points.
1. Campers don’t “borrow” vacant spots that are paid for by other campers. And this was a crowded campground. Occupied sites have some indicator that they’re occupied.
2. It seems neither site was vacant.
3. We don’t know if the emty parking spaces were empty so kids could play.
I have been at a campground where toddlers were racing each other on Strider bikes! (Little bikes with no pedals) they were zooming down a slight incline on the loop road. At any rate, it would be normal for even little camping kids to play on bicycles; plus, the Malibu campground was flat with easy site lines from many directions. (See the link I posted upthread with photos of every site.) #49 and #51 are about as open as you can get.
There are typically bicyclists big and small in campgrounds: the speed limit is generally 5 mph. Drivers are careful.
4. As i mentioned upthread, the victim was an experienced and meticulous camper. Just look at how tidy and taut that tent is. Anything with any aroma (food, dishes, coolers, etc) looks to have been placed in the car (to discourage animals). There is not a suspicious reason for these details: they are the sign of a thoughtful and knowledgeable camper.
5. I’ve only seen one tent in photos. I don’t believe we’ve seen the second tent.
6. Personally, I like my car near the picnic table. Also, if I’m using a tent. Much easier to load and unload the car. BIL’s car might have been parked next to the victim’s just because both families had meals at the same picnic table. Also, the parking spot for the second site might have been at the far edge, i.e. not compatible with sharing a picnic table.

We've seen two tents in some photos. They were facing each other, but slightly off center from one another and very close to one another. Here's a photo. You can zoom in:

Tristan Beaudette pictures,shot and killed on a camping trip

Last edited:

I have spoken to people in the park who mentioned that it could be related to the continuing issues related to developers wanting to develop there, or near there. Is it okay if I phrase it that way?

So hypothetically there is a beautiful piece of land that is designated to the State for all to enjoy, yet greedy $ wants to come in and change it, so they are trying all kinds of different tactics to make this beautiful State land lose $ and therefore need to be sold? Would that hypothetically be a theory?

So hypothetically there is a beautiful piece of land that is designated to the State for all to enjoy, yet greedy $ wants to come in and change it, so they are trying all kinds of different tactics to make this beautiful State land lose $ and therefore need to be sold? Would that hypothetically be a theory?
Yes. Someone wants to make it a scary place that people won't go to....

Sounds a little bit like “Chinatown.”

How often do rewards actually lead to solving crimes like these, I wonder?

IMO, reward money offering is a positive step, and I don't know how often rewards actually lead to solving crimes like a GSW to head homicide. I do think offering reward money is one way to continue to get the public's attention to offer any tips that could lead to arrest and conviction of the person is responsible for this senseless horrific homicide IMO.

(O/T, I was thinking about you guys and Tristan's case last night. I was watching a new episode of Dateline re: 4 shootings in the Scottsdale area over a couple of days (no, not the Phoenix hwy shooter), the killings were close range and within 10 miles apart...long story short it turned out to be a mentally ill violent DV man who decided to take revenge on those who had harmed him (psychologist who deemed him unstable, this doctor actually worked the JBR case, other victims worked in the law firm handling his divorce etc iirc, other victim family counselor...)

Sounds a little bit like “Chinatown.”
It's Scooby-Doo man, I'm telling you..

Hopefully there will be an opportunity for "and if it wasn't for those rascally kids...."

*not discounting any theories here!! Just saying on Scooby-Doo there its often about trying to scare people off property!

Eta: I dont think this is a Scooby-Doo scenario though, moo. Bc this only attracts more attention from LE, media, etc. Moo

Last edited:
Okay, who just got out of jail? 10 ish months... (if there's a connection to other incidents)

Harikari, the fbi.gov link iirc has information on spree vs rampage etc etc killers...marking spot to assist with information on thrill killers, etc. Goodnight!

Last edited:
Yes. Someone wants to make it a scary place that people won't go to....
It's Scooby-Doo man, I'm telling you..

Hopefully there will be an opportunity for "and if it wasn't for the rascally kids...."

*not discounting any theories here!! Just saying on Scooby-Doo there its often about trying to scare people off property![/QUO

That could be possible. You never know.

IMO, reward money offering is a positive step, and I don't know how often rewards actually lead to solving crimes like a GSW to head homicide. I do think offering reward money is one way to continue to get the public's attention to offer any tips that could lead to arrest and conviction of the person is responsible for this senseless horrific homicide IMO.

Good point.

I wonder if they've talked to everyone who camped there? But there were likely so many hikers. So they would need to get word out of they want tips.

BTW, there are about 2 fatalities a month on Pacific Coast Highway just in Malibu every month, so it's not that uncommon for people to drive off the cliffs - especially at night.

Yes. I used to drive this road 2 to 4x a day for about 15 years.

Malibu Canyon Road and Kanan Dume Rd have had a history of suicides. A few students from my kids high school, Agoura High, purposely drove off the cliffs, in a 2 yr period. Very sad....

And many more have driven over the cliffs accidentally.

@katydid23 - I used to go to Agoura to a really "small" bar type place. It served the BEST chili!! Really small - they had a woodstove in the back where you could sit. And of course a pool table. Now for the life of me can't remember the name.... well shoot it was over 40 plus years ago! LOL!

Sorry off topic....

5. I’ve only seen one tent in photos. I don’t believe we’ve seen the second tent.
zcKvBFBy

The Local Malibu on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members