CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like there were more gunshots heard over the weekend.

In California, people go outside and shoot their guns on holidays. I'd have expected a lot of this over the 4th.

(This was something I didn't know about when I first moved to California. I asked someone what Californians did on New Years and she said 'Shoot their guns.' And then she explained how people go outside and fire their guns into the air.)

In California, people go outside and shoot their guns on holidays. I'd have expected a lot of this over the 4th.

(This was something I didn't know about when I first moved to California. I asked someone what Californians did on New Years and she said 'Shoot their guns.' And then she explained how people go outside and fire their guns into the air.)

In certain areas. But over the weekend wasn't a holiday.

Has there been a funeral or memorial service for Mr. Beaudette?

Following up on my own post: Per People Magazine (BBM): "A created for Beaudette has raised over $133,000. In an update on Monday, a relative of the family said, “Erica and our entire family are overwhelmed by all the generosity and kind words. Details on a memorial service celebrating his life will be forthcoming.
Calif. Father Killed in Front of Daughters While Camping Was Shot in the Head: Coroner

When I open the link in this article I don't see any details posted yet on a memorial service.

In certain areas. But over the weekend wasn't a holiday.

Definitely in the LA area. Even in the more urban parts.

The weekend wasn't a holiday but holiday festivities - like fireworks where I live - continued over the weekend. (Fireworks are banned in much of LA county. Malibu/Agoura/Calabasas would be very high-risk for fire so all would be banned.)

I'm actually in LA right now. When I mentioned that more gunshots were heard in the MCSP area over the weekend, the two people I was with immediately said 'That's because of the holiday.'

It's the 9th. The campgrounds remain closed.

Malibu Creek SP

Catching up and if I read things right it sounds like no real progress in finding out who did the shooting(s).

Sad to hear the campground is still closed and people are probably still scared to go in that area. Until this case is solved there will be some people that will probably never go there again. Sad.

So the continued closure as well as the cancellation of movie night indicates to me that LE has NOT ruled out a connection between the random shooters and TB's homicide.

There have been no arrests of anyone. No indication yet that he was targeted. No suspicion of anyone at all that we can tell, based on action or lack thereof.

The only time that kind of total blackout and shuttling the investigation to a central location would happen around here (Boston area) is if there's a political issue--a cop involved, a political aspect, somebody important suspected, that sort of thing. I don't know whether California works the same way.

The only time that kind of total blackout and shuttling the investigation to a central location would happen around here (Boston area) is if there's a political issue--a cop involved, a political aspect, somebody important suspected, that sort of thing. I don't know whether California works the same way.

Well it's kind of a small substation, isn't it? I wonder if normally homicide investigations of this magnitude (I.e. Not more common gang related stuff), would be handled by the main branch?

But we do know there's been criticism of the substation. Sort of implications that objectivity isn't 100%?

I'm interested in the discussions about protesting new camp grounds due to fire hazards. I wonder if someone is upset about camping in the area due to major fires and future fire threats? Someone unhinged?

That would be really unhinged. But it's possible. Sometimes people get so fixated on their one issue that they totally lose track of reality.

I don't know enough about how LASD usually handles these things to know whether there's anything unusual about this case. I guess most likely the only thing they're hiding is how little they know :p

Truthfully with all the State parks this organization uses for their movie events, I am surprised the organizers did not work to change the location once the MCSP closure was first announced - even if LE orginially indicated a short closure. And then once all the shootings were made known - their is absolutely no reason to keep the event in this location...that would be madness!

Reward offered in Malibu Creek shooting

The Malibu City Council approved a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for murdering Tristan Beaudette. The council approved the reward at its July 9 meeting.

(Kudos to Ian Bradley at The Acorn for staying on this story.)

Thanks for posting that passe.

In reading it I saw something I missed the first time. The original victim was given STITCHES without an x-ray or anything.

Later he said pellets started oozing out. Of where? I'm very creeped out. How did they come out when the skin was stitched shut?

Isn't he lucky he didn't get a massive infection?

What the heck?

Reward offered in Malibu Creek shooting

The Malibu City Council approved a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for murdering Tristan Beaudette. The council approved the reward at its July 9 meeting.

(Kudos to Ian Bradley at The Acorn for staying on this story.)
The $5K was proposed by on/around 6/28/18 (as I posted #586) approved 7/9/18 in which money is coming from: "Malibu Municipal Code (MMC) Section 3.32.070 Special Reward Fund provides for the establishment of a “City of Malibu Special Reward Fund” for information provided to law enforcement authorities that leads to “the determination of the identity of, and the apprehension of, any person or persons whose willful misconduct has jeopardized the rights, safety or property of persons within the city"..."

IMO based on including but not limited to all that has been presented by LE and in viewing media videos of the crime scene and websleuths-approved sources, online stuff, this looks more towards professional vs accidental and IMO is not connected to the other reports of shootings at MCSP campground and nearby surroundings.

IMO the person responsible for the fatal gunshot wound knew exactly which tent to focus on- for example, it is interesting to me in viewing the placement and positioning of the one pair of "adult like sandals" outside tent #51, Not 1 but 2 vacant parking spots at #51. IMO it's interesting visitors/guests can enter campground by 10PM and can exit even midnight to 6am. Not unusual for the campground to have Visitors not sleeping at campground. 4 Adult Chairs, 2 kid chairs at a very clean campsite except IMO the one pair of shoes not neatly placed IMO almost like maybe someone other than victim placed them?

IMO I am not seeing connection to any of the random shootings that have been reported at MCSP to victim's death. IMO, there needs to be better safety and security measures at MCSP based on all of the reported shootings including TB homicide, IMO, I am not seeing the TB homicide as result of some random shooting. But maybe that's because of IMO selected LE information released to public.

IMO it is interesting that of the little LE information released to public, the media reported "Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Lt. Rodney Moore said investigators are sifting through evidence from the scene and that the firearm has not been found." IMO, if LE reports no suspects...brings in scent dogs, and states no firearm found....IMO, it's just the release of that information that is just interesting to me. I wonder if LE expected to find a firearm at the scene or like is that just something LE comment on for homicides in general? Like if it was thought to be a shooter from distance, I would not expect a firearm to be at the homicide scene but that's me. I think, IMO, if let's say a firearm was at a scene and there's little children present, I don't think it would be unreasonable for someone locating a body that is bleeding from a gunshot wound to move the firearm so as for safety of children; but no firearm found or repored by LE to be found to date.

And then how did family members only know 2 bullets- one bullet caused hole in tent and other bullet went into vicitm per family member. Perhaps LE provided family member more details then LE provided to public. It was 4:44am to 5:21am- IMO maybe too dark and so much going on with little ones present where dead body found- how would the details like the 2 bullets be made known for people to make statement other than LE?

IMO interesting Detective Moore states something like conditions of body at time victim found made it where LE made statement gunshot wound upper torso. If only one bullet in body, IMO interesting GSW to upper torso first stated by LE then coroner stated GSW to head primary. N/A for other causes.

Then the Allergan statement* IMO seemed insightful based on my experience working with California pharma biotech med device companies. I read the statement multiple times and found it quite interesting re-reading.
IMO, it's just an interesting worded statement about vicitm if victim was no longer employed at Allergan when discovered dead but statment to me would not seem IMO insightful if I guess victim could have submitted resignation with last day of work being around 6/25/18, the day the public statement made but maybe not.

IMO, it would not be uncommon for a California employee (based on my experience working in California) to submit 2-week resignation and then for the employer to end relationship prior to 2-weeks or keep employee for full 2 weeks.

IMO, there just seems to be some connection with the victim's career change in some way but without more information from LE on evidence collected, it's still a mystery of career connection IMO.

IMO, it makes sense that MCSP campground needs to remained closed indefinitely with all of the shootings being reported, but I think it's interesting about the day hiking being open to public early on with the homicide 6/22/18 date. “The safety of park visitors is our top priority,” the parks service said in a statement. IMO, the campground would be open now if the other shootings had not been reported but I don't see that the shootings are related in regards to shooter.

IMO it's interesting that on 6/25/18, " Officials have not stated which family members were camping with Beaudette but told ABC 7 News that his wife had not gone on the trip." IMO interesting the very selected information from LE. IMO interesting that goes into more detail from family members but then somewhat quiet words from family and many weeks later, with homicide, IMO I would have hoped or victim's colleagues or friends or family members would have someone as spokesperson so to speak to urge public loud and clear to help find the killer, " just interesting to me that IMO it seems like a quieter plea to public.

IMO, this article is insightful: California man fatally shot in his tent while camping with two young daughters, police say . IMO it's like the account posted and per article, LE comment on just tidbit of info IMO.

*"It's rare that we lose a friend and colleague, especially in an event that was senseless and difficult to understand," Allergan said in a statement released Monday by spokeswoman Amy Rose.
"Tristan will be remembered as a talented scientist who was admired by all who knew him and a meaningful contributor to our company's research and development efforts."
The company's statement also said it is "working closely with Tristan's wife and family to provide them with the support they need during this very challenging time."

IMO it may be a long time before a suspect is arrested, but IMO this crime will be solved. The victim's cellphone activity IMO will be of value as well as the job offer at the SF Bay Area company which IMO was connected to HIV vaccine in some way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member