CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it so interesting that the other
campers were told to pack up & leave
soon after the shooting. Early MSM
said this. Wouldn't they want to
question other campers?
Also, on a separate note, I thought it
was interesting that the early MSM
articles said that "We are investigating
this as a homicide AT THIS POINT."
I found this curious. Did they ever
say they found a weapon or is that
hush-hush? What about this scenario:
some murders are set up to look like
a suicide? Oldest trick in the book.
Could it be that they are trying to
rule out this possibility? Interested
to hear others opinions? I'm
not sure.

The only article I could find at the moment regarding whether they found a firearm was in this one dated June 25th. Has anyone found something published at a later date?

"Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Lt. Rodney Moore said investigators are sifting through evidence from the scene and that the firearm has not been found. Detectives have begun reviewing other shootings in the area but have no evidence yet that ties any prior incidents to the killing, he said"

Malibu campground where father fatally shot is closed down as safety precaution

Having done duty as the front-line person a patient would see in the ER, this doesn't ring true - or competent - to me. You always examine the wound and radiograph if foreign objects are suspected, which you would suspect if someone told you they heard a loud bang, felt pain and burning in their arm and fell out of their hammock. (Deer don't go bang and they're not known for biting and there's not much else out there that will knock a full-sized guy off a hammock.)

Also, if you have a suspected animal bite, you need to consider what it might be as some animals have deeper bites, viruses, all sort of different things in their saliva.

I’m an ER nurse.. whether it was a bite or something else.. before stitching up the wound it is proper protocol to get an X-ray to make sure you aren’t closing the skin when something is still stuck in the wound.

Blue Dude Mobile Home Park in Calabasas, CA
Can you please elaborate on your statement? This may be important. Is the city of/residents of Calabasas trying to close it down? Anyone else want the community gone?

I just meant that the 'Blue Dude Community' with its homemade sign and mobile homes, is a throwback to previous decades in which there was a hippie-ish element in the canyon areas of SoCal. Most of that has been priced out by now.

The BDC looks like an upscale trailer park now.

Also, do you know anything about the structure at 1667 Las Virgenes Canyon Rd?

Just to add (to the answer already given above) that 1667 Las Virgenes Canyon Road is the address for the entire BDC and the houses have individual house numbers to designate them.

I agree that we should add the ammo info we have. My guess is that LE doesnt say they are connected because the ammo in TB's case was different. Obviously it didnt seem to be a birdshot. Even if ammo is different the cases can still be connected.

Has the ammo info been added anywhere?

So far we know the Rogers incident, the 9 Nov 16 camper shooting, and the white car in the photos involved bird shot.

The Tantangelo incident involved a shotgun slug (is this correct?)?

We know that TB wasn't killed by birdshot. Probably not buckshot from the description of the tent and wounds.

I don't know the basis for the LASD's repeated 'not connected' claims. Was there any kind of ballistics/evidence analysis done prior to the TB shooting? Or is the LASD not aware that it it's very common for people to own more than one firearm? The time of day and site of the incident should be enough to make LE say that they're possibly connected or that they're investigating whether they're connected.

Again, this is a public safety issue. LASD should give the public enough information so that they can make an informed decision to use the park and surrounding areas. It doesn't compromise the investigation in any way.

Meliss posted a video of the back of her car on FB. It was clearer video (to me) and I was able to see the bumper stickers better.

The one next to the license plate is an outline of a map of California. I can't identify the logo in the center of it.

The one on the bumper says "'I didn't see him' is no excuse for manslaughter. Watch for motorcycles!" It can be purchased here: Black Manslaughter Bumper Bumper Sticker on CafePress.com
Thank you :) ! Doesn't seem like something a person/vehicle would be targeted for, so I can stop with that train of thought.

Having done duty as the front-line person a patient would see in the ER, this doesn't ring true - or competent - to me. You always examine the wound and radiograph if foreign objects are suspected, which you would suspect if someone told you they heard a loud bang, felt pain and burning in their arm and fell out of their hammock. (Deer don't go bang and they're not known for biting and there's not much else out there that will knock a full-sized guy off a hammock.) QUOTE]

Hmmm.....sounds like incompetence.....

Last edited:
Having done duty as the front-line person a patient would see in the ER, this doesn't ring true - or competent - to me. You always examine the wound and radiograph if foreign objects are suspected, which you would suspect if someone told you they heard a loud bang, felt pain and burning in their arm and fell out of their hammock. (Deer don't go bang and they're not known for biting and there's not much else out there that will knock a full-sized guy off a hammock.)

Also, if you have a suspected animal bite, you need to consider what it might be as some animals have deeper bites, viruses, all sort of different things in their saliva.
Hmmm......does sound like incompetence......

I just meant that the 'Blue Dude Community' with its homemade sign and mobile homes, is a throwback to previous decades in which there was a hippie-ish element in the canyon areas of SoCal. Most of that has been priced out by now.

The BDC looks like an upscale trailer park now.

Just to add (to the answer already given above) that 1667 Las Virgenes Canyon Road is the address for the entire BDC and the houses have individual house numbers to designate them.
OK, thanks !

Part of me feels that the only way to catch this person is in the act. If you warn off other “potential” targets then it also sends your shooter into hiding. Very risky move, but hopefully unassuming surveillance has increased as well.

I’m an ER nurse.. whether it was a bite or something else.. before stitching up the wound it is proper protocol to get an X-ray to make sure you aren’t closing the skin when something is still stuck in the wound.

I would think if it was a suspected bite from an animal and no animal was found wouldn't rabies vaccine be recommended?

(Deer don't go bang and they're not known for biting and there's not much else out there that will knock a full-sized guy off a hammock.)

snipped and bolded by me

LOL-- unless it's a Deer Bearing Arms, or a Bear Bearing Arms, aiming at and shooting a Bare Arm. ;)(just trying a little levity. . . feel free to groan. . . ) :D

I would think if it was a suspected bite from an animal and no animal was found wouldn't rabies vaccine be recommended?

Not in most cases. You usually follow county guidelines for animal bites - the public health department will publish these for animal bites along with annual statistics.

Bats are the most common vector for rabies. LA County in general doesn't have a lot of rabies cases and you'd tend to go with observation and the events surrounding the bite. Or in this case 'suspected' bite, although I can't imagine what kind of animal they thought this injury was from.

Also, in LA County, animal bites are reportable via this online portal: Animal bite report form

It's unclear whether the health care practitioner reported Rogers's bite as per protocol.

Has there been a funeral or memorial service for Mr. Beaudette?
I haven't seen or heard anything. I'm thinking that since they planned to move to the Bay Area for new jobs the family probably had already set a date to move out of the house. And maybe Erica and the girls went to wherever her parents are (? Fresno), and they did a service there with both families. Just a guess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7