CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hindu temple is set below Las Virgenes road. You turn in to the drive and go down to it. Even if you were on the roof, IIRC you're facing some rolling terrain inside the park boundaries. Like Hari-kari described upthread, it's chaparral with live oak trees and lots of vegetation, although you could walk into and out of the campground from the road across from the Hindu temple.

There's also a mobile home community behind the Hindu temple. The Blue Dude community, it's called. Surprised it's still there.

I have some updates for your list, Gitana. :)

So I downloaded the crime data points for the Lost Hills Sheriff station in order to take a look at their reporting and compare it to what we have and was happy to see that they also show historical data points past the 30 day mark (which is the case with crimemapping.com and was a limitation). (Sourcehttp://shq.lasdnews.net/CrimeStats/CAASS/desc.html)

1) Here is what I found. There is no incident reported on the 25th of June, so I am pretty convinced this was a reporting error/misunderstanding and what they really meant was the Monday before TB's death.
View attachment 137880

2) The incident reported on the 6th of June 2017 really happened on the 8th of June 2017 according to the data points from the Sheriffs homepage. An Assault/Gun was reported on Los Virgenes/Waycross Drive which when typed into Googlemaps shows up right by the entrace to the park. (See thumbnail) There is no incident reported according to the data points on the 6th of June 2017
View attachment 137878
View attachment 137881

I only showed Assault - Gun and they all were marked as non gang related.

The 8th of June 2017 btw changes the moon phase for this date to 97.86% full (Source Moonpage.com) which is almost a full moon which should have lots of visibility)
Note how both of the shooting incidents off of Las Virgenes on the 22nd of July 2017 and the 8th of June 2017 are reported at exactly 4:30. Kind of a big deal, right? My personal opinion is that TB's shooting could have very well been at 4:30 considering that it will take people a while to figure out what happened and to call 911.

3) The shooting of the white car on its way to the surf contest is reported on the 22nd of July with an address of 1700 Las Virgenes and here is where that shows up on the map

View attachment 137884
So that's closer to the Hindu Temple if they really drove that side road, which I almost cannot image? Maybe the driver just mentioned approximately where he was and this is where they mapped it to, or they were definitely on this side road. That kind of matters but I guess there is no way of knowing other than hearing from the driver of that white car.

The timeframe between 4:20 and 4:30 seems to be significant. Maybe on the way to work...

Thank you so much!! I will update as soon as I get a chance.

The biologist and his girlfriend explained the timing here: Campground closed as investigation continues

“The hospital didn’t think it was a gunshot at first. They thought it was an animal bite. It was maybe a couple of weeks later but pellets started actually coming out of the wound,” Amoroso said. “I ended up using tweezers to remove a couple from his arm. He had surgery a few months later because an X-ray showed there were a few left in his arm.”

Amoroso said Roger’s wound was superficial, but that he sleeps with his arm above his head and if he hadn’t been in that position he may well have been shot in the face. The couple met with park rangers once they realized what had happened. The rangers told them that six days after Rogers was shot, someone reported the spare wheel of their camper had been hit with bird shot.

It wasn't that he wasn't 'smart' or that he was 'odd'. It's that he didn't know he'd been shot. When he did know, he reported it.

I do wonder about the absence of noise. He woke up due to the pain in his arm, not because of the sound of gunfire.

Oh that's right. I didn't remember that!

The biologist and his girlfriend explained the timing here: Campground closed as investigation continues

“The hospital didn’t think it was a gunshot at first. They thought it was an animal bite. It was maybe a couple of weeks later but pellets started actually coming out of the wound,” Amoroso said. “I ended up using tweezers to remove a couple from his arm. He had surgery a few months later because an X-ray showed there were a few left in his arm.”

Amoroso said Roger’s wound was superficial, but that he sleeps with his arm above his head and if he hadn’t been in that position he may well have been shot in the face. The couple met with park rangers once they realized what had happened. The rangers told them that six days after Rogers was shot, someone reported the spare wheel of their camper had been hit with bird shot.

It wasn't that he wasn't 'smart' or that he was 'odd'. It's that he didn't know he'd been shot. When he did know, he reported it.

I do wonder about the absence of noise. He woke up due to the pain in his arm, not because of the sound of gunfire.
No, that's incorrect. He heard the shot.

“I heard a loud bang and then felt a burning sensation in my arm and fell to the ground,” he said. “Before I could look at my wound I did a quick check of the perimeter and I saw nothing.”

Malibu campground where father fatally shot is closed down as safety precaution
Campers recall previous shootings at California site where renowned scientist was killed

Oh that's right. I didn't remember that!

A couple of things about the Rogers/2016 shootings...

1. Were there any reports of gunshots that correspond to this incident?

This is the first known shooting in this series, 3 Nov 2016. Did anyone check the LASD logs for that date?

Rogers himself did not report hearing gunshots AFAIK.

2. Was any attempt made by LASD or Cal State Parks to identify if the same weapon/ammunition was used in the Rogers shooting and the 'spare wheel of the camper' shooting on 9 Nov 2016?

3. Are there any reports of gunshots in the area that correspond to the 9 Nov spare-wheel shooting? Or did the owner simply find that his wheel had been shot at?

4. I'm confused about the 'spare wheel of the camper' shooting and the BMW shooting that's referred to here. I've never heard of anyone referring to their BMW SUV as a 'camper'. The spare tire is not external on BMW SUVs. So which is the BMW shooting and which is the camper shooting?

No, that's incorrect. He heard the shot.

“I heard a loud bang and then felt a burning sensation in my arm and fell to the ground,” he said. “Before I could look at my wound I did a quick check of the perimeter and I saw nothing.”

Malibu campground where father fatally shot is closed down as safety precaution
Campers recall previous shootings at California site where renowned scientist was killed

Well, that's interesting. Doesn't really square with going to the hospital and thinking you were bitten by an animal.

If you told the hospital you heard a loud bang and fell to the ground from your hammock, they really should be looking for projectiles. That's not at all consistent with an animal bite.

Maybe the issue is in the girlfriend's retelling of the story.

1. Were there any reports of gunshots that correspond to this incident?

This is the first known shooting in this series, 3 Nov 2016. Did anyone check the LASD logs for that date?

I did. Here is the screenshot (click to enlarge) for 2016 and Assault by gun. This doesn't show up in the Sheriffs records since it's park jurisdiction. Same for the camper wheel 6 days later.
upload_2018-7-7_10-38-31.png

4. I'm confused about the 'spare wheel of the camper' shooting and the BMW shooting that's referred to here. I've never heard of anyone referring to their BMW SUV as a 'camper'. The spare tire is not external on BMW SUVs. So which is the BMW shooting and which is the camper shooting?

The camper incident was 6 days after the biologist in 2016. The BMW was in July of 2017. Two different incidents.

Well, that's interesting. Doesn't really square with going to the hospital and thinking you were bitten by an animal.

If you told the hospital you heard a loud bang and fell to the ground from your hammock, they really should be looking for projectiles. That's not at all consistent with an animal bite.

IMO, it was a difference of what he heard vs. what the doctor at the hospital told him. I read it as he reported heard a loud noise, fell out of the hammock, checked the perimeter, saw nothing, noticed that his arm was hurting, went to the hospital, and the doctor there told him it was bites. If it were me, I'd say, "Wow, I must have heard a gunshot somewhere off in the distance which is what woke me up and made me fall, and when all that happened, that's when I first noticed the arm pain." If the doctor at the hospital said, "Wow, that looks like some bites for sure!" then he may not have even thought any further about the loud sound that woke him up and just went with the doctor's explanation of it being bites (until obviously later when he started seeing pellets coming out). JMO!

There's also a mobile home community behind the Hindu temple. The Blue Dude community, it's called. Surprised it's still there.
Blue Dude Mobile Home Park in Calabasas, CA
Can you please elaborate on your statement? This may be important. Is the city of/residents of Calabasas trying to close it down? Anyone else want the community gone?

Also, do you know anything about the structure at 1667 Las Virgenes Canyon Rd? I can't make out what the blue sign says or find anything specific on the internet about it (the address sometimes comes up as a mobile home). Is it part of the Blue Dude mobile home park? Perhaps the equivalent of a community center, for lack of a better term?
Google Maps

Last edited:
IMO, it was a difference of what he heard vs. what the doctor at the hospital told him. I read it as he reported heard a loud noise, fell out of the hammock, checked the perimeter, saw nothing, noticed that his arm was hurting, went to the hospital, and the doctor there told him it was bites. If it were me, I'd say, "Wow, I must have heard a gunshot somewhere off in the distance which is what woke me up and made me fall, and when all that happened, that's when I first noticed the arm pain." If the doctor at the hospital said, "Wow, that looks like some bites for sure!" then he may not have even thought any further about the loud sound that woke him up and just went with the doctor's explanation of it being bites (until obviously later when he started seeing pellets coming out). JMO!
And the physician/PA/NP who treated him may not be familiar with shot/pellet wounds. Some of the pellet entry points may have appeared to be in the form of teeth. And the pellets penetrated into deeper tissue & were not visible upon superficial inspection of the wound(s).

Also, do you know anything about the structure at 1667 Las Virgenes Canyon Rd? I can't make out what the blue sign says or find anything on the internet about it (the address sometimes comes up as a mobile home).
Google Maps

This is part of the mobile home park. The blue sign says "Blue Dude" and the blue building with white trim is their office/community center.

I took part of the photo of the shot damage on the BMW and marked a few places where the spread of the shot makes a curved pattern that could have been mistaken for an animal bite. Unless you could actually see the pellets in the wound, I can see mistaking them for tooth marks.

Attachments

• pellets.png
    pellets.png
    297.8 KB · Views: 36
The driver of “that white car” you mention - do you mean the Tesla? Yes, they indicated that they were driving to work. Let me see if I can find that quote again to narrow it down.

Also can we go a bit further and differentiate the ammo that we know of? We know the Call to the Wall BMW of 7/22/2017 was hit with birdshot due to the photo. The 11/3/16 biologist was hit with birdshot, etc....this may help us as well.

Here is The Local Malibu quote about the Tesla:

The Local Malibu

There are 2 stickers on Meliss Tatngelo's Honda CRV. One on the bumper and one next to the license plate. Do these look familiar to anyone? I'm especially curious about what the bumper sticker says and if her car may have been targeted because of it.
After Fatal Shooting of Man Camping at Malibu Creek Park, Woman Says Her Car Was Struck by Gunfire There in 2017

Meliss posted a video of the back of her car on FB. It was clearer video (to me) and I was able to see the bumper stickers better.

The one next to the license plate is an outline of a map of California. I can't identify the logo in the center of it.

The one on the bumper says "'I didn't see him' is no excuse for manslaughter. Watch for motorcycles!" It can be purchased here: Black Manslaughter Bumper Bumper Sticker on CafePress.com

And the physician/PA/NP who treated him may not be familiar with shot/pellet wounds. Some of the pellet entry points may have appeared to be in the form of teeth. And the pellets penetrated into deeper tissue & were not visible upon superficial inspection of the wound(s).

Having done duty as the front-line person a patient would see in the ER, this doesn't ring true - or competent - to me. You always examine the wound and radiograph if foreign objects are suspected, which you would suspect if someone told you they heard a loud bang, felt pain and burning in their arm and fell out of their hammock. (Deer don't go bang and they're not known for biting and there's not much else out there that will knock a full-sized guy off a hammock.)

Also, if you have a suspected animal bite, you need to consider what it might be as some animals have deeper bites, viruses, all sort of different things in their saliva.

I haven’t seen anything. Makes me think the police told them to keep quiet or they’ll be charged with interfering with police investigation.
I found it so interesting that the other
campers were told to pack up & leave
soon after the shooting. Early MSM
said this. Wouldn't they want to
question other campers?
Also, on a separate note, I thought it
was interesting that the early MSM
articles said that "We are investigating
this as a homicide AT THIS POINT."
I found this curious. Did they ever
say they found a weapon or is that
hush-hush? What about this scenario: