CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
9) I think these latest articles are badly worded and probably referring to the car shooting on 6/18/18, the Monday before Tristan was shot.
5) I think the white SUV is a BMW. The color pattern on the center of the wheel is the same used by BMW.
View attachment 137720
So that gives us 2 high end vehicles - a BMW and a Tesla - so far.

Hmmmm. Good catch.

So as to the shooting on 6-25, that probably didn't happen?

A while back someone posted the days of the week that the shooting dates in 2016 and 2017 corresponded to. Does anyone remember (doing) that? I don't have time to go through all the posts right now, but I'm curious about that again. Thanks!

I find this article very relevant. Here is a man who thumbs his nose at rangers and by his actions scoffs at backcountry norms for recreationists. I don’t believe a word of his stories, and he has had a very explicit ranger warning about his behavior.

Ridiculous survival stories on TV with absurd and destructive solutions encourage this sort of acting out in the backcountry, but this case reeks a red flag, IMO. Date apropos.

Last edited:
That's what I think, but maybe keep it on the list for now.

I think we all agree that it's most likely a mistake, but there are enough discrepancies that I think we should keep it on the list until we get something definitive. LE doesn't seem to be looking into it, but it may have only been reported in social media, not to authorities. That does make it suspect but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

A while back someone posted the days of the week that the shooting dates in 2016 and 2017 corresponded to. Does anyone remember (doing) that? I don't have time to go through all the posts right now, but I'm curious about that again. Thanks!

The dates and days of the week I have according to Gitana1's list are:

11/3/16 Thursday
11/9/16 Wednesday
1/7/17 Saturday
6/6/17 Tuesday
7/22/17 Saturday
7/30/17 Sunday
6/18/18 Monday
6/22/18 Friday
6/25/18 Monday

Hopefully those are right. If not, please let me know. Thanks! (I kept the 6/25/18, because it's still on the list. I'm in agreement it's most likely poorly written articles.)

Last edited:
11/3/16 Thursday - (the waxing moon’s phase was 10.27% full)
11/9/16 Wednesday - (the waxing moon’s phase was 64.14% full)
1/7/17 Saturday - (the waxing moon’s phase was 65.23% full)
6/6/17 Tuesday - (waxing moon’s phase was 89.91% full)
7/22/17 Saturday - (the waning moon’s phase was 2.29% full)
7/30/17 Sunday - (waxing moon’s phase was 45.45% full)
6/18/18 Monday - (waxing moon’s phase was 25.38% full)
6/22/18 Friday - (waxing moon’s phase was 68.05% full)
6/25/18 Monday

I added the moon phases according to www.moonpage.com
The amount of illumination visible is growing from day to day during the waxing phase.

11/3/16 Thursday - (the waxing moon’s phase was 10.27% full)
11/9/16 Wednesday - (the waxing moon’s phase was 64.14% full)
1/7/17 Saturday - (the waxing moon’s phase was 65.23% full)
6/6/17 Tuesday - (waxing moon’s phase was 89.91% full)
7/22/17 Saturday - (the waning moon’s phase was 2.29% full)
7/30/17 Sunday - (waxing moon’s phase was 45.45% full)
6/18/18 Monday - (waxing moon’s phase was 25.38% full)
6/22/18 Friday - (waxing moon’s phase was 68.05% full)
6/25/18 Monday

I added the moon phases according to www.moonpage.com
The amount of illumination visible is growing from day to day during the waxing phase.

I was just about to do this...great minds & all

I thought someone had said it was quite cloudy the night of TB’s shooting. Any one have access to weather reports to see if cloud cover coincides with the night of the shooting when it should be otherwise dark out due to lack of moonlight.

I ask because I live 25 miles from downtown Houston in a very rural area, no streetlights, just lights from the houses. When it’s heavy overcast the city lights reflect off the clouds and can make it quite bright despite the lack of moonlight. We do barn chores every night and I walk about 50 yards from the house to the barn in the dark. I’ve also had to chase cows through the treed area in the dark, with heavy tree cover and still can get decent light in the trees if it’s heavy overcast or a full moon. My eyes adjust pretty quickly to the low light situation especially when looking for escaped cows. Searching for a common thread so it may be nothing but I have to imagine the lights from LA can have the same effect.

11/3/16 Thursday
11/9/16 Wednesday
1/7/17 Saturday
6/6/17 Tuesday
7/22/17 Saturday
7/30/17 Sunday
6/18/18 Monday
6/22/18 Friday
6/25/18 Monday

Hopefully those are right. If not, please let me know. Thanks! (I kept the 6/25/18, because it's still on the list. I'm in agreement it's most likely poorly written articles.)

Malibu Times has all of these same dates in their list, except they don't mention anything on 6/25/18.

LASD Homicide Bureau Looking Into Seven Incidents Prior to Malibu Creek State Park Shooting

11/3/16 Thursday
11/9/16 Wednesday
1/7/17 Saturday
6/6/17 Tuesday
7/22/17 Saturday
7/30/17 Sunday
6/18/18 Monday
6/22/18 Friday
6/25/18 Monday

Thanks so much !

Can we fill in any more blanks about these shootings?

1. 11-3-16 @ 3:00 a.m. - The shooting of the wildlife biologist James Rogers in Tapia Park in a hammock while sleeping 200 yards from Malibu Canyon Road. Shotgun blast to the head. Pellets. Hit his arm that was over his head. Fired at close range.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/losang...d-shootings-calabasas-park-father-killed/amp/
https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...k-shooting-20180627-story.html?outputType=amp
STATE PARK JURIS.
2. 11-9-16 ?? Possibly spare wheel of RV hit by bird shot. Campground closed as investigation continues
STATE PARK. JURIS.
3. 1-7-17 - @ 5:00 a.m. Young woman and her boyfriend sleeping in a car at the Malibu Creek Park. Heard gun shot. Found a slug in the car the next morning. Fired from 20 feet away. Would have hit her if it was an inch higher. No one injured.
Cops probe two MORE shootings at a Malibu park | Daily Mail Online
STATE PARK JURIS.
4. 6-6-17 - Shooting reported in the area. I'm not sure what, when, where.
SHERIFF JURIS.
5. 7-22-17 @ 5:30-6:00 a.m. Shooting of white, SUV type vehicle hit with shotgun pellets, on the right, rear passenger side, gas tank door hit and side back window. Location? No one injured.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/fb_img_1530371423396-jpg.137201/
The Local Malibu
SHERIFF JURIS.
6. 7-30-17 - ??
STATE PARK JURIS.
7. 6-18-18 at 4:20 a.m. Shots fired at a Tesla? at intersection of Las Virgenes and Mulholland Highway. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/crimemapping-jpg.137206/
Bullet hit car. No one injured.
There were five shootings at and near a Malibu park over two years. Why didn't authorities alert the public until father was killed?
SHERIFF JURIS.
8. 6-22-18 @ 4:45 a.m. TB. Malibu Creek Park. Shot while inside the tent. Shot to the head. Possible two gun shot holes to tent.
STATE PARK JURIS.
9. 6-25-18? Possibly man's car hit with a gunshot "in the area" of the TB shooting:
Second shooting at California state park where dad was killed while camping with daughters
Another article citing the one above, inexplicably gives more info not in the article:
"According to CBS News, a man reported finding gunshots on his parked vehicle at Malibu Creek State Park on Monday. There were no injuries reported."
Second shooting at Malibu campground where father found murdered in front of two young daughters
STATE PARK JURIS?

It looks like shooting #5 could have occurred on Saturday 7/22 or Sunday 7/23/17 as the Call to the Wall was a 2 day event.
The Local Malibu Facebook post (6/25/18) makes it sound like it may have been Sunday. Also, from the Facebook post it's not clear if the car was found shot up at 5:30-6:00 AM, or the shooting happened at that time. I'm assuming maybe it's the time the car was found & the shooting occurred earlier (?).

Call To the Wall 2017

2017 25TH ANNUAL MALIBU BOARDRIDRIDERS CLUB CALL TO THE WALL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads