CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if he's on some kind of annual pattern, July is a "hot month" per the last year's incidents, IF related.
The Tesla shooting incident
was on Monday, June 18, 2018 at 4 am
near the Hindu Temple, according to The Local Malibu FB post on June 23 @ 9:18pm. I agree they need to look @ patterns:
special temple days
college students on break
shift changes @ various locales
vets trained in expert marksmanship

I cannot find any confirmation of a
shooting incident Monday, June 25
@ MCSP. I will message The Local
Malibu although it's not MSM & see
if she knows anything.

The public does have a right to information which is why you have legislation like on a federal level like FOIA and, in California, the California Public Records Act. An amendment to the California state constitution states very clearly that 'access to information concerning the conduct of the people's business is a fundamental and necessary right of every person in this state' and also that it's a basic right of citizenship.

It's the government agency that needs to justify keeping things secret.

You're conflating some things here and restating it in a way that I most certainly did not express in my earlier post. You're claiming that I said that LASD should publish what they know because the Lost Hills substation has a troubled recent history? Really?

A good discussion will often feature different opinions and back-and-forths but it's against the spirit of a good discussion to twist another person's words.

That's not what I said. I never attempted to interpret what you said.

Information that would jeopardize an investigation is 100% exempt from public disclosure per the act you cited. Which in LE's estimation is going to be many specific facts.

So no, the public most definitely does NOT have the right to information. Not information during an investigation.

I have read the act.

1. The Tesla shooting incident
was on Monday, June 18, 2018 at 4 am
near the Hindu Temple, according to The Local Malibu FB post on June 23 @ 9:18pm. I agree they need to look @ patterns:
special temple days
college students on break
shift changes @ various locales​
vets trained in expert marksmanship

I cannot find any confirmation of a
shooting incident Monday, June 25
@ MCSP. I will message The Local
Malibu although it's not MSM & see
if she knows anything.

Cece Woods of The Local Malibu was not
aware of any shooting incident @MCSP
on the Monday following Tristan Beaudette's homicide since the park is
closed indefinitely. The Tesla incident was
on Monday June 18, 2018 @ 4am.

Last edited:
OOPs, the post above is in response to 'seems like a great place' by Margarita....

Gotcha! took me a minute to figure it out lol!

For reference:
@katydid23 - I used to go to Agoura to a really "small" bar type place. It served the BEST chili!! Really small - they had a woodstove in the back where you could sit. And of course a pool table. Now for the life of me can't remember the name.... well shoot it was over 40 plus years ago! LOL!

Sorry off topic....

<modsnipped quote>

Yes, OnYourLeft, thank you. <modsnip> Yelp reviews!
Wow! Just wow!

<modsnipped-discussion about visitor comments are not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
$$ American (Traditional), Steakhouses Edit, Opens a popupEdit categories
Write a Review Add Photo Share, Opens a popup
Business websiteoldplacecornell.com

• 258s.jpg

Boy - that's the place! Back in the late 60s there was NOTHING around it. Just totally in the woods! Thanks for sharing old memories katydid!

That food sure looks good! but VERY $$$$$
sorry O/T....

Can we fill in any more blanks about these shootings?

1. 11-3-16 @ 3:00 a.m. - The shooting of the wildlife biologist James Rogers in Tapia Park in a hammock while sleeping 200 yards from Malibu Canyon Road. Shotgun blast to the head. Pellets. Hit his arm that was over his head. Fired at close range.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/losang...d-shootings-calabasas-park-father-killed/amp/
https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-malibu-park-shooting-20180627-story.html?outputType=amp
STATE PARK JURIS.
2. 11-9-16 ??
STATE PARK. JURIS.
3. 1-7-17 - @ 5:00 a.m. Young woman and her boyfriend sleeping in a car at the Malibu Creek Park. Heard gun shot. Found a slug in the car the next morning. Fired from 20 feet away. Would have hit her if it was an inch higher. No one injured.
Cops probe two MORE shootings at a Malibu park | Daily Mail Online
STATE PARK JURIS.
4. 6-6-17 - Shooting reported in the area. I'm not sure what, when, where.
SHERIFF JURIS.
5. 7-22-17 @ 5:30-6:00 a.m. Shooting of white, SUV type vehicle hit with shotgun pellets, on the right, rear passenger side, gas tank door hit and side back window. Location? No one injured.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/fb_img_1530371423396-jpg.137201/
The Local Malibu
SHERIFF JURIS.
6. 7-30-17 - ??
STATE PARK JURIS.
7. 6-18-18 at 4:20 a.m. Shots fired at a Tesla? at intersection of Las Virgenes and Mulholland Highway. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/crimemapping-jpg.137206/
Bullet hit car. No one injured.
There were five shootings at and near a Malibu park over two years. Why didn't authorities alert the public until father was killed?
SHERIFF JURIS.
8. 6-22-18 @ 4:45 a.m. TB. Malibu Creek Park. Shot while inside the tent. Shot to the head. Possible two gun shot holes to tent.
STATE PARK JURIS.

Here is gitana1’s timeline of shooting’s ⬆️⬆️⬆️

2017 Calendar of Hindu Festivals:
Hindu Festivals - Hindu Religious Calendar 2017

2018 Calendar of Hindu Festivals:
Hindu Festivals - Hindu Religious Calendar 2018

Important Days of Month followed by Hindu Temple in Malibu from Hindu Temple in Malibu for 2018:
http://malibuhindutemple.org/yearly_calendar_print_version.aspx

Summer Hours: (they are open 365 days)
http://malibuhindutemple.org/temple_address_and_timings.aspx

Volunteer Request at Hindu Temple:
http://malibuhindutemple.org/volunteer.aspx

Gitana, do you guys think we should add a possible #9 to the list?

"Three days after a father was found shot to death during a Southern California camping trip, another camper reported a shooting at the same Malibu campground.

According to CBS News, a man reported finding gunshots on his parked vehicle at Malibu Creek State Park on Monday. There were no injuries reported."

Second shooting at Malibu campground where father found murdered in front of two young daughters

We have a few new members so I am bumping up my post from earlier in the thread and also adding a snippet from our rules about social media.
  • Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page. (Though the Local Malibu is not MSM we have been using it as a local news source).
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don't mention them.
Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

You can make a general statement “interesting comment at the end of that MSM article or (approved) site” but postings on those sites are not considered fact; by Websleuth’s standards they are considered rumor. Therefore, beyond the general statement, the posts by visitors cannot be discussed or referenced.

Moreover, remember to add links to your source or your post will be removed. If you have any questions please contact me via 'conversations'. Thanks

Last edited:
The problem with this campsite and the main road, is that it is the major connection from the beach to the 101 highway.

So it is a major thoroughfare for so many various types of people:
The rich, who live there in the surrounding mansions.
The teens and young adults , who routinely drive to the beach area from the Agoura/Calabasas/Westlake area
People from the San Fernando Valley, taking it from the 101, to get to the water.
Workers in the Beach restaurants and businesses, going back to the valley.
Tourists
Gangbangers

<modsnipped quote>

Yes, OnYourLeft, thank you. <modsnip> Yelp reviews!
Wow! Just wow!

<modsnipped-discussion about visitor comments are not allowed>

Oops, I was expanding on an upthread query of RickShaw’s regarding the bathrooms and combined another upthread post where Yelp was discussed. Thank you for reiterating the rules. Hypothetically, if MCSP were to open in the next couple of weeks and I were to make a trip there, would I be allowed to post photos, thoughts, etc?

Oops, I was expanding on an upthread query of RickShaw’s regarding the bathrooms and combined another upthread post where Yelp was discussed. Thank you for reiterating the rules. Hypothetically, if MCSP were to open in the next couple of weeks and I were to make a trip there, would I be allowed to post photos, thoughts, etc?

Yes you may post photos, impressions, opinions and thoughts about your visit.

Bringing fwd this quote from 6/26 article:

Authorities are still unsure if the shooting was intentional or random. No suspects have been identified.

"Beaudette’s brother, 37-year-old Dylan Beaudette, told Radar Online Monday that a second bullet tore through the top of Tristan’s tent, suggesting that the shooting may have been random in nature, and that the shooter was firing horizontally.

“It could’ve been someone firing from a nearby road,” Dylan told Radar Online. “We don’t know. But the only thing we do know, I think I know, it was the action of an irresponsible person who didn’t take time to think about what they were doing.”"

Investigators Stumped In Scientist's Mysterious Killing At Calabasas Campground

*it appears this was stated before Tristan's death was ruled a homicide.

Here is a new article from The Acorn with expanded details of James Rogers, the biologist’s birdshot shooting while sleeping in the hammock in Tapia Park on 11/3/2016 at 3:30am. The additional information is due to his girlfriend being interviewed for this article, so please read it. She says the rangers at MCSP advised them that 6 days after Rogers was shot, someone reported reported the spare wheel of their camper had been hit with birdshot:

Campground closed as investigation continues

"Four of the incidents took place in Malibu Creek State Park and are being investigated by the California State Parks Department, which has jurisdiction over the park. The other three occurred nearby and are being investigated by the sheriff’s department."

Snip

"The Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station increased patrols in the Malibu Creek park area after they were alerted to the reports of gunshots. Law enforcement promised to maintain a highly visible presence to make sure visitors feel safe. Malibu Creek and other parks in the area, including Tapia and Point Mugu, are patrolled by a team of five rangers from the state parks department.

Lieutenant Rodney Moore of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department said detectives have concluded their investigation of the Beaudette murder scene, but may return if necessary."

Campground closed as investigation continues

(Eta: first I'm hearing of "Point Mugu"...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member