CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he was declared at the scene...which means EMS/Paramedics attended to him at the scene.

http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dhs/206332_Ref.No.814,DeterminationofDeath_06-21-16.pdf

I’m going to go back and look at early reports to see where the first quote about upper torso came from.

Is it possible that he was positioned in a way to where the bullet went through his head and then into his chest? Like say he was in the fetal position with his head facing down and then shot in the back of the head, it then exited only to go through his chest? Probably sounds far fetched. Just trying to come up with a reason for the initial mistake.

But he was declared at the scene...which means EMS/Paramedics attended to him at the scene.

http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dhs/206332_Ref.No.814,DeterminationofDeath_06-21-16.pdf

I’m going to go back and look at early reports to see where the first quote about upper torso came from.

I posted that link well upthread as I used to be an EMT in LA County.

The first report I could find of the 'upper torso' came from Lt. Moore's statements to the media, a video of which was posted to Twitter at 11.26 am on 22 June.

As an EMT, I can't see how you can declare someone dead from a recent shot to the 'upper torso' when they have no GSW in the torso but have a fatal GSW to the head.

Given that TB was declared dead at 5.21a and LASD report going to the scene at 4.44a (although has not been stated when the 911 call(s) came in with the report of gunfire), the body would not have presented with rigor or livor or any of the more advanced signs of death.

So EMS would have taken the time to examine the body to some extent. You'd check for breathing, pulse, that there's on open airway. You'd expose the chest. You'd be cutting and stripping clothes. If you saw blood on the chest, you wouldn't stop, you'd keep going on a body that still warm. You'd find where that blood was coming from.

OTOH, if you saw a head wound in which brain tissue was exposed or expelled, you'd stop and declare the patient dead. But that's not what happened here because (according to current info) they missed the head wound entirely and reported a GSW to the 'upper torso' that didn't exist.

I've consulted with a couple of EMS friends on this and they're as perplexed as I am.

Using some if and then logic:
(Works under this assumption only: If the holes on the tent are determined to be bullet holes and LE's forensic expert can identify the direction of bullets from examining the holes)

If the holes indicate bullets from outside in- Then most likely this was a random shooting.

If the holes indicate bullets from inside out - then more than likely this was a target kill.

I think a forensic exam of the holes is the key to solving whether this crime was random or targeted.

The first report I could find of the 'upper torso' came from Lt. Moore's statements to the media, a video of which was posted to Twitter at 11.26 am on 22 June.

As an EMT, I can't see how you can declare someone dead from a recent shot to the 'upper torso' when they have no GSW in the torso but have a fatal GSW to the head.

Given that TB was declared dead at 5.21a and LASD report going to the scene at 4.44a (although has not been stated when the 911 call(s) came in with the report of gunfire), the body would not have presented with rigor or livor or any of the more advanced signs of death.

So EMS would have taken the time to examine the body to some extent. You'd check for breathing, pulse, that there's on open airway. You'd expose the chest. You'd be cutting and stripping clothes. If you saw blood on the chest, you wouldn't stop, you'd keep going on a body that still warm. You'd find where that blood was coming from.

OTOH, if you saw a head wound in which brain tissue was exposed or expelled, you'd stop and declare the patient dead. But that's not what happened here because (according to current info) they missed the head wound entirely and reported a GSW to the 'upper torso' that didn't exist.

I've consulted with a couple of EMS friends on this and they're as perplexed as I am.

The EMS's are not the one's who made the statement though. LE did. So they either were misleading the public, don;t know what "upper torso" means, or they based what they stated on an eyewitness account of LE who may have looked at the body and saw blood and made an assumption without confirming with the EMS's.

Ya'll are just as bad as lawyers on here, BTW. Every word, every fact and punctuation is being scrutinized. Those LE officials do not stand a chance against websleuthers!!

The general public probably doesn't even notice discrepancies.

"Clean slate: Vandalism and graffiti have forced the California Department of Parks and Recreation to close Corral Canyon Cave in Malibu Creek State Park. Rangers say graffiti there was manageable until a rumor went around social media that Jim Morrison wrote his songs in the cave. While it’s closed, the cave will be blasted with walnut shells to clean away the paint. Los Angeles Times, May 06, 2016

Essential California: Grim Sleeper now one of California's most prolific serial killers

The EMS's are not the one's who made the statement though. LE did. So they either were misleading the public, don;t know what "upper torso" means, or they based what they stated on an eyewitness account of LE who may have looked at the body and saw blood and made an assumption without confirming with the EMS's.

All of those things are possible. None would indicate much competence on the part of LE.

In that part of LA County, EMS is provided by the LA County Fire Department. So this would be a fire/paramedic crew arriving onscene. An LAFD unit from the Malibu Canyon station (not sure what the specific station is) would be quite familiar with the local sheriffs and vice versa.

Declaring someone dead - from an EMS POV - is serious business. You would be very careful about calling it.

Ya'll are just as bad as lawyers on here, BTW. Every word, every fact and punctuation is being scrutinized.

That's not really fair. As an EMS person, the discrepancies have piqued my professional interest.

There were official LASD statements issued that said the wound was in the 'upper torso'; the coroner said there was a fatal head wound and then made a point of saying that there weren't multiple gunshot wounds. That's not people speculating on the internet - it's the story as reported from official sources.

I, too, have checked with EMS, LE, and ER doctor friends and they are all perplexed... until they find out which LE agency this was! MOO I said it should not matter...they said unfortunately different culture in that area...one LE I talked to specifically was retired from LASD - not from Lost Hills Station - but indicated a completely different culture at that specific station towards LE in general...he said they walked a fine line of being a small neighborhood community (where everyone knows everyone & kids play together) and being LE. He indicated most of his patrols were one man patrols @ LASD, but did not know if that was the case for Lost Hills.

Is there a public system for the 911 calls - not to actually listen to them - just the list? Or do we just have to wait?

All of those things are possible. None would indicate much competence on the part of LE.

In that part of LA County, EMS is provided by the LA County Fire Department. So this would be a fire/paramedic crew arriving onscene. An LAFD unit from the Malibu Canyon station (not sure what the specific station is) would be quite familiar with the local sheriffs and vice versa.

Declaring someone dead - from an EMS POV - is serious business. You would be very careful about calling it.

That's not really fair. As an EMS person, the discrepancies have piqued my professional interest.

There were official LASD statements issued that said the wound was in the 'upper torso'; the coroner said there was a fatal head wound and then made a point of saying that there weren't multiple gunshot wounds. That's not people speculating on the internet - it's the story as reported from official sources.

Oh I'm not criticizing. I think it's great!!!!

LE needs to get their act together when dealing with websleuthers!!

It's almost like they didn't want to call it a shot to the head? Maybe to not cause more panic and attention to the case if it is indeed random and they don't have a shooter? The coroners report revealed a different story and it was quickly pulled.

Oh that's right. They did pull it. So maybe that WAS an intentional attempt to mislead?

I, too, have checked with EMS, LE, and ER doctor friends and they are all perplexed... until they find out which LE agency this was! MOO I said it should not matter...they said unfortunately different culture in that area...one LE I talked to specifically was retired from LASD - not from Lost Hills Station - but indicated a completely different culture at that specific station towards LE in general...he said they walked a fine line of being a small neighborhood community (where everyone knows everyone & kids play together) and being LE. He indicated most of his patrols were one man patrols @ LASD, but did not know if that was the case for Lost Hills.

Is there a public system for the 911 calls - not to actually listen to them - just the list? Or do we just have to wait?

Oh oh. What does that mean? Like how would the culture affect the investigation or what's reported?

The LASD gives the following info for public records requests:

14. I want to submit a Public Records Act Request (PRA) request, do you accept them here?

Answer:
All Public Records Act Requests must be submitted in writing to:

Jim McDonnell, Sheriff
211 West Temple Street
Los Angeles, California 90012

Moore could not determine if GSW to head or upper torso due to "conditions of body." Pershaps BIL or someone was trying to stop the bleeding or dong CPR or something such that the body was not in exact position at time LE arrived.

Campground has Camp Host on site 24/7. So any issues or needs, camper directed to contact Camp Host. Shots fired call could have come from nearby homeowner or another camper or Camp host at 4:44am. BIL <modsnip>could have called 911 short time later but prior to 5:21 am when arrive at Campsite 51.

Also, even though gates closed at 10pm or earlier, there is a one way exit in which people at campground can leave 24/7 but can only return when gates open. Sharp tracks in road that only allow tires to be driven exit but not enter same road.

IMO the homicide was career related or accidental shooting by a non-stranger to the victim.

<modsnipped for posting information about a family member>

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe you can also answer something I have wondered about but cannot find an answer to.

Is it possible the gunshot to the head entered, but did not exit? Then my "dumb logic'' tells me there would not be blood visible as it would be pooling inside the skull. I think I have read that (blood in skull, adding pressure) is a major cause of headshot deaths....? Could he also have sustained a wound to the chest that was not fatal, but left some bleeding? Thus the error in first reports.

I don't know the answers to these. hope someone can add some insight. Thanks

Ya'll are just as bad as lawyers on here, BTW. Every word, every fact and punctuation is being scrutinized. Those LE officials do not stand a chance against websleuthers!!

The general public probably doesn't even notice discrepancies.

BBM. After having followed Mitrice Richardson's case, I can totally believe that's what happened.

Hyperbole alert.

While someone could easily hide a body in this area (in the many canyons), it is very, very rare to get all the way from 101 to the beach and not see a single car, except maybe 2-5am. At rush hour, this road is as slow as the 405 going in a particular direction. Even the more "remote" part between say Mulholland and and just above Pepperdine would see some cars except during the creepy times of the night (2-5ish).

Between 101 and Lost Hills Road, it is purely residential, as is typical in the area. Once you pass Lost Hills Road, you get to a wide flat lands area filled with grass, rolling hills and oak trees, Mulholland Hwy, and Malibu Creek State Park. Shortly past that, you enter a more forested area with Monte Nido and Piuma Rd which is a small forest community, a residential area, but more sparse, though the community is a bit off the main road. There is also the Temple, a school, Tapia Park, a wastewater treatment facility and a youth correctional facility. There are residences dotted throughout this landscape.

Once you go through the tunnel, shortly past Piuma Rd, you are along Malibu Canyon, for maybe 5-10 mins. There is nothing but a big canyon here. Finally you emerge near an engineering company, a neighborhood, Pepperdine University and Pacific Coast Highway.

It is one of those areas that is perfectly charming during the day, but feels very remote and creepy at night.

Drivers don't seem to pay attention to anything (maybe except the centerline of the road) in this area. Of all the people that traveled the road during rush hour, only one person saw Mitrice Richardson walking along it.
At 5am there is no traffic - which is when this happened. 5am is when I went to work. <modsnip: Use the Alert feature if you have an issue.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm...where did I suggest any line of inquiry be excluded? Hint: no where. I did *however* acknowledge that yes, I know evil exists. I expressed *my opinion* about this case. As have others. That’s all. o_O

“.... the presence of his daughters steers me away from that.”

“.... the presence of his daughters steers me away from that.”
Yes. Steers ME (my opinion) away from that line of thinking. I’m not privy to all that LE knows so I’m confident they will continue to explore all avenues until evidence leads them elsewhere. A luxury I don’t have since I have very limited information. In my opinion, it wasn’t a targeted hit. If new info is revealed, my opinion will likely change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member