CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....The victim and his wife weren't poor, most likely bought a good quality tent - and just MOO it is unlikely that - if their tent had holes in it - wouldn't patch them up before going camping again.....

Yes. This was indeed a very nice tent. Spacious, technically sound, well-weatherized, and the owner was clearly well-experienced given the pitch and orientation of the tent.

And, you're correct. Anyone with any sense—let alone an experienced camper—would head out camping with a hole in the tent, for the simple reason that good tents are pitched tight, and a hole would get larger and larger, potentially creating an unfixable mess.

It would be very odd to have a hole go through two layers of fabric (i.e. the main tent and the fly) lined up unless your dog got a mouthful or a branch poked a hole in the pitched tent.

I don't believe we've seen any evidence so far that the tent actually had holes in it. The "holes" offered upthread correspond to the loops used for tying out guys and the remnants of a logo with most of the logo photo-shopped out.

It's very possible, IMO, that there are bullet holes in the floor of the tent and not the roof. And no way José are you going out camping with a hole in the floor, so these would have been new holes, if they exist.

Its a good idea to try to get some of those original images of the tent and fool with the resolution on the areas where the holes appear.

The one that stood out to me the most was what appeared to be a rather large hole right where the grey section meets the green section and right where the first rib starts.

The problem is trying to get a good picture of it because it was in a video when officers were investigating. So a screen grab is not the best source for trying to fool with the picture.

That particular "hole" is part of the tent. It is a loop used to attach guy lines in windy conditions. Any high quality tent has those loops. It is very common for them to be a contrasting color against a tent fly, and they may be luminescent.

Take a look at the website link upthread that shows the current version of that specific tent. Explore photos of other tents. The loops are often over the rib (created by the pole underneath). The purpose of them is for guy line attachment to stabilize the tent.

By poking around on Googlemaps I thought it looked like a good portion of the campground is visible from that rest area, from some spots along Mulholland, and from some places above Mulholland, like the parking lot at the Sepulveda museum. But I couldn't tell which sites they were.

It did look like a tent with a light on inside, even a faint light like a cell phone screen, would be very visible from that vantage.

There seems to be a trail that runs up the spine of the ridge from the park, crosses Mulholland, and continues uphill. Passes very near that large rest area on the main Malibu Canyon road.

A sleuth could go up to that rest area at night and see if tent lights are visible? When the campground is open again, of course.

Weeks After Dad Was Murdered Next to His Daughters, How His Family Thinks the Case Could Be Solved

figmutant@msn talks to Christine Pelisek at People.com about ways to make progress in this case. I especially like the suggestion of people who were in the campground that night checking their photos and social media for any missed details.

This is all good - this case needs to be kept in the public eye until LE gets to the bottom of what's going on in MCSP.

I think Fig said he was Tristan's cousin (whereas an uncle is quoted in the article). Regardless, I agree!

I reached out to People and set the interview up with my father. She did a good job on the article, thanks for the recommendation.
I think it's good to keep some media coverage in order to hopefully get a tip from someone who knows something..anything. Also a very good idea to ask for all the campsite pictures available from other campers or even hikers in the area that day.

@figmutant@msn Can you tell us whether the specific campsite numbers were reserved in advanced or whether they were assigned the day of arrival?

I think it's good to keep some media coverage in order to hopefully get a tip from someone who knows something..anything. Also a very good idea to ask for all the campsite pictures available from other campers or even hikers in the area that day.

@figmutant@msn Can you tell us whether the specific campsite numbers were reserved in advanced or whether they were assigned the day of arrival?

That is a great question. I don’t know the answer but would love to know.

I am interested in who was staying at Tristan’s site the night before him. I asked the LE to look into that on a voice mail and haven’t heard anything.

That is a great question. I don’t know the answer but would love to know.

I am interested in who was staying at Tristan’s site the night before him. I asked the LE to look into that on a voice mail and haven’t heard anything.
That is a very good point! And this hasn't been mentioned yet, other than the general idea that maybe somebody else was targeted. I hadn't thought of that. Hopefully you will get an answer that they will investigate it!

Tristan was not only the nicest, most caring person, look at some of the research he was working on. He was trying to cure cancer.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re...ontributions/38887106_Tristan_T_Beaudette/amp

I wanted to say Welcome, and thank you for coming here. I am so sorry for your loss, and sppreciate your efforts at such a sad time. I csn guarantee we will do our best to be of help in any way we can.

Tristan, indeed, had so much potential to offer, and his family's pride is evident.

My best to you,
Spellz

“Glad” to know this is an update to the address from the other link above and not an additional victim. This is frightening and I’m wondering if it’s dominating the news in that region at all? I’m not local to that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator