CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they said they have no evidence that they’re related but they are going to investigate to see if they can find any links. Having a serial killer in the area is bad publicity for LE. They don’t want to say it’s related unless they’re absolutely sure.

They'd be negligent not to investigate a possible connection, but their statements sound to me like they haven't found anything yet.

M

My response referred to the story about the wildlife biologist being shot with buckshot while sleeping in a hammock.

Whoever had that buckshot shotgun could have been startled by a noise and thought it was a bear. People get very jittery in the dark.

Yes, it's absolutely pitch black out there. I once almost walked into the outside wall of a shelter (coyotes howling all around me), because it was so pitch black, I couldn't see it.

Another time, I got caught in the woods after dark. Even with my headlamp I couldn't see the rocks on the trail or where the trail took a turn. I kept tripping and thought I might lose my way by accident. I was only a mile from the trailhead but had to bivouac for the night (brrrrr).

Another time, I pitched my tent in the dark and woke up in the morning to find I'd pitched it on top of a yellow/copper heap of mine tailings. Absolutely, categorically pitch black.

We're not used to being out in the dark like that, so it's a surprise when it happens. You can go outside for a pee in the night and lose track of where your tent is.....

I once got horribly lost walking across a golf course at night, to take a short cut home. There were lights from houses in the distance on two sides but I could not tell which lights wblere in the direction of my home. I ended up two streets to the other side of the golf club, where my street ran along the boundary of the course on the other side of the club house.. I lost all sense of direction.

His Brother said there were 2 holes in the tent. It's possible there was a shot fired in the distance and it woke Tristan up. Maybe he sat straight up because he was startled and the 2nd shot hit him in the chest. Being that BIL said the shots sounded like they were coming from far away I'm going to guess it was someone shooting their gun off for fun or a random act by a killer but I don't think he was specifically targeted.

After reading the brother's statement, I thought about the possibility of the shooter trying to shoot higher to get him to either sit up or stand so they could hit him, along with hopes he would turn on a flashlight/lantern for better visibility. Then there's this new information from the coroners report so am not sure due to the stated "shot in the head" Wonder what is up with this new development? Was he shot in the chest and head? Also can see carbuffs scenario....weird about all reports about chest and then coroners head shot?

Oh-no1.jpg

Well that's a whole other kettle of fish!!

For ppl not seeing the link to the report.......
Case Detail

New Search

Case Number:
2018-04753
Name:
TRISTAN BEAUDETTE
Date of Birth:
11/19/1982
Ethnicity:
CAUCASIAN
Date of Death:
06/22/2018
Place of Death:
PARK
Manner:
HOMICIDE
Cause A:
GUNSHOT WOUND TO THE HEAD
Cause B:
N/A
Cause C:
N/A
Cause D:
N/A
Other Significant Causes:
N/A
Investigator:
MOSES
Deputy Medical Examiner:
DR. ORTIZ
Case Status:
CLOSED
Body Status:
READY

They'd be negligent not to investigate a possible connection, but their statements sound to me like they haven't found anything yet.
Maybe none of the bullets they have from past shootings match the bullet in his head? They probably have a lot more investigating to do to see if there is any relation. This is scary.

One scenario not mentioned so far (although I could have simply missed it) is that someone at the larger campsite saw the young girls, tried to slip into the tent unnoticed, woke up dad and things didn't got worse from there. I hate to say it, but I'm just putting it out there among the many possible scenarios.

Maybe none of the bullets they have from past shootings match the bullet in his head? They probably have a lot more investigating to do to see if there is any relation. This is scary.

It appears that most if not all of the other incidents involved a shotgun. I wonder what sort of weapon they think caused this wound?

M

My response referred to the story about the wildlife biologist being shot with buckshot while sleeping in a hammock.

Whoever had that buckshot shotgun could have been startled by a noise and thought it was a bear. People get very jittery in the dark.

Yes, it's absolutely pitch black out there. I once almost walked into the outside wall of a shelter (coyotes howling all around me), because it was so pitch black, I couldn't see it.

Another time, I got caught in the woods after dark. Even with my headlamp I couldn't see the rocks on the trail or where the trail took a turn. I kept tripping and thought I might lose my way by accident. I was only a mile from the trailhead but had to bivouac for the night (brrrrr).

Another time, I pitched my tent in the dark and woke up in the morning to find I'd pitched it on top of a yellow/copper heap of mine tailings. Absolutely, categorically pitch black.

We're not used to being out in the dark like that, so it's a surprise when it happens. You can go outside for a pee in the night and lose track of where your tent is.....

Thing is, when you were disoriented in the dark, even hearing coyotes, did you have a shotgun with you? Did you shoot it off in the pitch black, not knowing what you were shooting at?

It could’ve just been a crazy camper that got upset at TB for some simple reason. I had a terrifying experience while camping with my husband and bulldogs one year. It was four in the morning and this camper came to our tent and started screaming at me to wake my husband up and shut him up because she couldn’t sleep from his snoring. It had actually been my English bulldogs snoring but regardless, this lady was pissed. She said she had to wake up early and I needed to do something about it. We ended up putting our dogs in our car with the AC running so she could sleep. I wonder if he’s a snorer. Sounds crazy but you never know!

Possible, but usually when something like that happens, everybody in the campground knows it.

Whoa! That's new info. Prior reports say he was shot "in" the tent while sleeping. I can't imagine random shots from outside, perhaps a distance away as some witnesses have said, fatally wounding a prone adult sleeper in the upper torso, and not touching his two kids. That seems almost impossible to me.

He might well have heard something and sat up.

This new information just opened up a lot more scenarios. I just can’t see this being an accident. It seems targeted. Someone wanted him dead. But why do it with his children lying beside him?
Someone knew where each individual was sleeping and the shooter is cold hearted and brazen to do this with 2 young kids confined in a small tent with their dad. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove